Become a Patron!

ohm to use on alien with dripper

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what ohm should i use on a alien with a goon 528 custom if i want to go from anywhere from 120-150 w.on a side note just checked out the vapemall online and it kicks ass

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what ohm should i use on a alien with a goon 528 custom if i want to go from anywhere from 120-150 w.on a side note just checked out the vapemall online and it kicks ass
If you want a hot vape... 316L (3)x26 core and one exterior 34g and 5 wrap, but it will ohm at .05 for a pair..... I vape it nice at 100 watts on my titanium goon, at 125 to 150 watts that goon is going to get hot.... on a regulated mod it might work temp control or whatever you can to run a .05 ohm this is for a fast ramping tasty coil. Clouds will be hilarious but still taste and get hot quick..... That's what I like a fast ramping tasty warm cloud..... Everyone has a different taste and everyone builds different........
0d41f5f75a4c116200c4780f1fdfcd3e.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Resistance is not as important with building coils for a regulated mod as it is for an unregulated mod. As long as the resistance is within the safe operating range for your mod, pretty much good to go.

Then it becomes more about wire composition, wire mass, heat transfer, and surface area

Not as simple as "what resistance" because i could build a .2 ohm coil with 30g SS that will scortch your cotton instantly at 120 watts. Or I could build a .7 ohm hanthal coil that would vape at 120 watts like a champ.

More specifics on what wire you plan on using and what your experience level with building complex coils might allow others to suggest an appropriate build.

Resistance is not a "be-all-end-all" for building on reg mods. Not even a big thing to consider as long as it it within your mod's range.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like dual SS 316L aliens 3x28g/36 7.5 wrap 3mm comes out to about 0.18 ohms. I usually vape them right around 100w but could vape higher than that.

VU Sponsors