ohms jumping

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im trying to wrap a new coil, and the ohms on my ipv2.1 jump around. Im using 26 gauge, i wrap like 9 wraps around 2.4 mm screwdriver so it should be 1.2 ish ive done that build few times. So i dont know what its doing, ill pulse so i can pinch with tweezers ( i know to let go of button before pinching ) and at first theres hot spots certain spots glow, i pinch then it glows from middle, but ohms will say 1.2, next pulse 1.3 1.4 2 3 ect, then it goes back to 1.2 and stays but now ive pulsed several times & its staying at 1.2 and glowing from middle so ill do few more before wicking to be safe. But idk why it does it, when ohm jumps real high the volts do to & coil goes super bright. I dont think its screws there real tight. Seams they jump around but eventually stay where it should and then its fine, its done it past few coils. Idk if its from pinching or what. I use a ipv2.1, 26 awg, 2.4 mm precision screwdriver btw. idk what im doin wrong, but they seam to stay at 1.2 after.

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First I would make sure that the pin is making good contact with the rda. Also make sure that the coil/legs aren't touching anything.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
First I would make sure that the pin is making good contact with the rda. Also make sure that the coil/legs aren't touching anything.
+ the screws didn't come loose in the posts, which can happen during pinching, positioning of the coil.

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+ the screws didn't come loose in the posts, which can happen during pinching, positioning of the coil.
I meant the pin from your Ipv2 is making good contact with your rda

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its the center pin on the ipv. Same thing happend to me and I had to return it. Took about 6 months before it started jumping.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its the ipv2.1, it has upgrades over original ipv2 such as floating pin, better screws, cleaner inside, battery ribbon.. so floating pin it shouldnt have connection issues, tugboat v2 clones pin is short though.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just had a similar problem but much more dangerous. rebuilt my coils and checked ohms it came out to .14 wicked it and placed it on my mod and went to puff and apparently on of my posts came loose. puffed it and my wick and juice caught on fire instantly and scorched my throat took it off and it ohmed out to .03. not good

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check ur RDA PIN, I had this happen to before from ..1 to .3 volts jumped to 5.4 volts 90watts.. Imagine that..
BIGBOYVAPER

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It sucks, i'll take a hit and ohms will jump to like 1.8 or even higher so volts go up and i get a nasty burnt hit. I hope its not my mod, like i said its the upgraded ipv2.1 with floating pin, so it shouldnt be my mod. Never had ohms jump ever with my nautilus on it. But nautilus has long 510 that also has floating pin on it. So it must be my rda. My tugboat v2 tobecco clone has very short 510 non adjustable so maybe its bit short. But thing is, the coil is 1.2 ohm single which i always build. It reads 1.2 most time, but ill fire button looking at ohm itll go like 1.3 1.4 1.6 change each pulse( somtimes not always), but always go back to 1.2. somtimes itll read 1.2 consistantly. I dont think its screws, i tighten them very snug they wont go anymore, coil isnt touching nothing, rda is screwed down tight. Its makin me frustrated with rdas. Should i buy a diffrent rda? KInda want a 4 post anyway to do duals easily, maybe the plume veil.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you torch the wire before making coil? Sounds to me like its impurities coming off wire ie oil or what not. Since you said it then stays at the original 1.2

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you torch the wire before making coil? Sounds to me like its impurities coming off wire ie oil or what not. Since you said it then stays at the original 1.2
You don't have to torch the wire before making a coil with it. It's good enough when you dry burn it on the RDA, assuming you tested with an Ohm reader prior to the dry burn. Unless Of course, you build one of those fancy coils.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Put my nautilus on my ipv and it reads 2.0 ohm consistantly. I have noticed when i put my tugboat v2 on ohm reader it even reads high.. so it must be my tugboat v2 clone 510 to short? I dont have another rda to try but my nautilus reads 2 always. the 510 on tugboat v2 is short and pin doesnt stick out, maybe i need new rda? One with longer 510.?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Put my nautilus on my ipv and it reads 2.0 ohm consistantly. I have noticed when i put my tugboat v2 on ohm reader it even reads high.. so it must be my tugboat v2 clone 510 to short? I dont have another rda to try but my nautilus reads 2 always. the 510 on tugboat v2 is short and pin doesnt stick out, maybe i need new rda? One with longer 510.?
I'm not sure, if you can adjust the pin on the Tugboat. You could try by just unscrewing it a tiny bit, just so it sticks out a bit further. Worse that can happen is, that the middle (positive) post becomes loose.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should take the build out of you atomizer then restart. If a fresh build does that to then see if its the mod

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You don't have to torch the wire before making a coil with it. It's good enough when you dry burn it on the RDA, assuming you tested with an Ohm reader prior to the dry burn. Unless Of course, you build one of those fancy coils.

Yes I know you don't but when I build a coil without torching during the dry burn it will go up .1 or .2 before going back to the original ohm tester reading

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i have had this happen when there was an unseen separation in the coil. sometimes it is best to start a new. it could also have been loose retaining screws bad positive pin insulator, bad connection to the mod ie center pin is to short for a full contact or even the center pin is misaligned causing a short between the positive and negative on the RDA. at least that is what i have come across

VU Sponsors