Ohms?

WZV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let's talk a little about ohms.

As I research it I find things explaining what they are in speakers and crap like that, and articles saying that you should choose your ohms based on preference. I have found, though, that different ohm coils enable you to use higher voltage batteries.

I have a couple plastic tanks that came stock with 2.5ohm coils. When I put it on my Vision Spinner 2 and put the voltage above 3.8 it tastes burnt. But, I replaced the coil with a Kanger 1.8 (or 1.5, I don't remember) and it doesn't burn anymore. It works just like an expensive tank.

So what are these ohms as they pertain to vaping and coils? Why does my 2.5 burn, but my lower ohm coil not burn? Should I always buy lower ohm coils or is there really a reason to have a preference here?

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Less is more when it comes to ohms in vaping. Lower ohms means more current can run through your coils, and that means more heat, and that means more vapor. Beware though, if you build coils that require like 25-30A current and your batteries can only do 20A, thats bad. I mean dangerous bad, your mod may turn into a pipebomb.

B-RAD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With a variable voltage battery you will want the lower ohm coils always. Will give you a wider range and won't burn as fast. Also depends on your juice high vg blends won't absorb as fast and can gunk up coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors