Become a Patron!

Okie here, wonder if I'm the only one?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I stumbled across this site while Googling reviews and things. First off I must say it seems the vaping community sticks together alot, and that is pretty cool. So my story. Been vaping for a couple yrs, been off analogs for over a yr, with the occasional stinky with the family or when my ego died (my fault for not charging it) in the car after a 12 hr shift in the prison. Can't vape inside ya know. I do mostly get a midnight smoke break cuz I go refuel the outside security truck that has the only real gun in it, just in case one of our residents decides to go awol if u will. More info than I'm sure anybody wanted, but there ya go. So I started smokinf around the age of 20 while I was in the military (national guard, did spend some time overseas), started vaping about 2 yrs ago when my mom bought me an ego starter kit (like a 650 and a ce4), lost that, somewhere, the wife bought me some better 1100 mah egos and some evods, and besides getting some CRAP clone twist batteries from fast tech that's basically what I've been using ever since, and some h2 and mt3s tanks. I do have one aspire ce5s bdc tank I'm hoping to pop some bvc coils in really soon when the budget allows. Been a pretty happy vaper, until recently. Saw some of the new stuff coming out of fast tech (where I've gotten most of my heads and eliquids, most are gross btw, gonna try some more premium stuff as i can) and said hmm, I wonder if this stuff is any good. Started reading/watching reviews on just about anything I can, & I realize I'm living in the past. Can't really enjoy it anymore, my needs have changed. Not gonna sub ohm or anything like that, just realized that I need some better stuff, and a box type mod I can't roll off the table like a pencil in grade school. Living in a VERY small town we are limited big time. We do have one shop that has some good e liquids, they sell alot of MVP and the more mainstream stuff, bought my aspire tank there. Its funny, the lady told me it was glass, I knew better but didn't argue, the price was okay, but don't tell me a plastic tank is glass, sure she found out the hard way when somebody put tank crackers in it and it broke it. Oops. So I'm pretty much the only person in my family (mostly because of my wife) who has stuck with vaping, so therefore I get everybodys juices they didn't like. Needless to say that is always fun smoking ass flavor, dumped most of it. Just glad I found a community that can help me learn even more and point me in the direction of some good products that are gonna taste like something and produce a good power, all that good stuff. Let's just say I've been dropping crazy hints on Facebook hoping Santa will take care of me lol, big extended famliy and unfortunately I have the tightest budget of anybody, so we're getting there slowly. On my mod list is something MVP ish (or the mvp) istick or a dna30, something passthru cuz I'm lazy. Tanks probably the aspire bvc, again too lazy to rebuild (and I work alot, broke but always working lol). My wife bless her heart has put up with my Rantings about all this stuff, and has been more patient than I could ever be. Really glad I found this place and i look forward to making new friends and gaining more knowledge. Thank u all.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground and thanks for sharing your story with us!

The MVP is a good mod and the new versions will be coming out shortly. Lots of folks like the Istick as well. You may also want to look at the Dovpo E-Mech. Its a 30 watt device and it takes 2 x 18650 batteries which will more than last a full 24 hours of chain vaping. Regular vaping more like two days.

And the Hana DNA 30 clones are good as well.

Bulk E-Juice is a great place to purchase your E-Liquids. You can get sample sized bottles pretty cheap so you can try them before you purchase the 30ml bottles.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
I'm is south OKC. Glad to see fellow okies here.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks guys. Also looked at some reviews of the e-lvt dovpo. 1 really good review showed the ohm readings on it being way off and not firing even things it should, wondering if the 2.0 has corrected that. Just another option to add to the list.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My E-LVTs (v1) have been flawless. No incorrect ohm readings or misfires. These guys are good workhorses.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something I definitely will add to the top of the list considering how hard I've been on those poor twist batteries I dropped a million times. Price isn't bad either, and I do like the idea of being able to change the battery if need be. Thank u.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i am so totally loving my new 26650 box mod.. unregulated ;)

2014-12-08 15.11.38.jpg

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I may try an unregulated mod at some point. I prefer simple things like just plug it in the charger and vape, but thats just me.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I may try an unregulated mod at some point. I prefer simple things like just plug it in the charger and vape, but thats just me.

that is what an unregulated is.. i use the battery, i charge and then pop it back in..
no vv/vw to worry about :)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer USB charging: no battery popping in and out, and no separate charger to worry about :)

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, just got an istick for Christmas and loving it so far. I have had so many fits with those stupid ego chargers that alone will probably keep me out of that style anymore, not to mention I don't really much like the pencil that constantly rolls off my table lol. Loving the box mod style, just so much easier for me to deal with.

VU Sponsors