Become a Patron!

Old Juice, adivce

Cheetos

Member For 2 Years
First, thank you friends! Ok, I've been mixing a for a few months now. Thank you for the recipes, guidance, advice and knowledge y'all have shared. A couple of folks come to me for juices now and one had a question for me that I figured was suitable for a discussion here.
A friend had some old store bought juices that were a lower nic than he likes. I did the math and added nic to get him to his goal. No problem there. (that felt really good to help him, a sense of accomplishment for me) He asked, is there a way to test the nicotine content after a batch has been mixed? His reason for asking was that his old bottle of juice had turned VERY dark and figured the nicotine had diminished. Makes sense to me. I did my math based on the label. So, IS there a way to test nicotine content in a finished batch? and If the juice is pitch black, is that bad?

(thank you also for your patience in my journey for DIY knowledge as I'm sure someone has asked this before me)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
First, thank you friends! Ok, I've been mixing a for a few months now. Thank you for the recipes, guidance, advice and knowledge y'all have shared. A couple of folks come to me for juices now and one had a question for me that I figured was suitable for a discussion here.
A friend had some old store bought juices that were a lower nic than he likes. I did the math and added nic to get him to his goal. No problem there. (that felt really good to help him, a sense of accomplishment for me) He asked, is there a way to test the nicotine content after a batch has been mixed? His reason for asking was that his old bottle of juice had turned VERY dark and figured the nicotine had diminished. Makes sense to me. I did my math based on the label. So, IS there a way to test nicotine content in a finished batch? and If the juice is pitch black, is that bad?

(thank you also for your patience in my journey for DIY knowledge as I'm sure someone has asked this before me)

Dark color like that usually means the nicotine has oxidized - not dangerous that I know of but can definitely taste bad. Most describe it as a peppery taste

I have no idea if oxidized nic goes down (or up) in potency

Cheetos

Member For 2 Years
Dark color like that usually means the nicotine has oxidized - not dangerous that I know of but can definitely taste bad. Most describe it as a peppery taste

I have no idea if oxidized nic goes down (or up) in potency

Thank you both! I'm going to get the test kit for future projects. Unfortunately there is a disclaimer for testing dark liquids, so his batch may not be able to be tested accurately. My friend says "it tastes fine, but the nic may be a little low" I may bump it up again if he asks.

JuicyLucy, I hope you don't mind but I stole the FDA thingy in your signature line. Let me know if that was a bad thing.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thank you both! I'm going to get the test kit for future projects. Unfortunately there is a disclaimer for testing dark liquids, so his batch may not be able to be tested accurately. My friend says "it tastes fine, but the nic may be a little low" I may bump it up again if he asks.

JuicyLucy, I hope you don't mind but I stole the FDA thingy in your signature line. Let me know if that was a bad thing.

Hahaha - you might wanna ask @AndriaD - she is the creator and gave me permission to use it

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have removed it out of respect. I introduced myself to AndriaD and asked if I could have her permission. I like this place!

Sure, go right ahead -- I'm even using a non-animated, non-captioned version of it as my avatar lately, though that is mainly to those here who don't like my opinions -- my avatar gives them clear instructions. ;)

But the msg to the FDA is valid for anyone who wants to send 'em that message. ;) In fact as I expressed in a recent post, I wish ALL the Big Nannies in this country would eat shit and die screaming!

Andria

VU Sponsors