Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VzqZ-4N1cw70q2p96nJK9xE268tAhezAVVk6O2IbKSxvrNZmshLZotPIvtBKAcvxIbR2VfncNpbIrb92vHMeENkRJ-YONpwWkHLOFVpyEhKtO2NjBFl6WbplvClY9NJ7ykLFF8aERzjO6CdFxZY=s0-d-e1-ft

Water Kefir Grains

1 box

$16.99 $11.79

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Only made it to about 55 here today, cloudy, rain afternoon and evening - but that should help get rid of the snow.

So you still cleaning up shop debris?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only made it to about 55 here today, cloudy, rain afternoon and evening - but that should help get rid of the snow.

So you still cleaning up shop debris?
Was going to. Tire problems on my utility trailer....
And the wheels are oddballs so I pretty much have to go with them.
Have the tires off and pressure washed the wheels.
Wirebrushing and painting tomorrow.
then new tires on them Monday.

Can work on some cleanup in the meantime but no hauling.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you find (as do a lot of intelligent people) that cussing often makes you feel better? You know, logically, that the damn piece of shit you are working on is not going to change any because of what you are saying, but somehow the act of calling it a mother fucking god damn son of a bitch makes you feel some small sense of relief, at least momentarily. Then, rather than stomping off in a huff, you can try a new angle and get back to work...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to courthouse today to get DL renewed and junk out the title for the burned up toyota.
They said they had to have the tag to junk it out.
Told them tag melted. Yep tag is plumb melted off the truck. gone.

They said they had to have tag.
Guess I will go to a judge and get court order to junk it out.
I will not keep paying taxes on it forever.

May be able to scrape up some aluminum to take them.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went to courthouse today to get DL renewed and junk out the title for the burned up toyota.
They said they had to have the tag to junk it out.
Told them tag melted. Yep tag is plumb melted off the truck. gone.

They said they had to have tag.
Guess I will go to a judge and get court order to junk it out.
I will not keep paying taxes on it forever.

May be able to scrape up some aluminum to take them.
You have to pay taxes on your vehicles every year, that sucks

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep sales tax when you buy em and property tax every year.
We pay the sales tax when purchased, but only yearly "property tax" on real property (e.g., real estate, not vehicles). But last year the state added an "axle tax" on all vehicles that are used on the highways (which they include in the license fees). I think it is $10 per axle, so a car/pickup is $20, a trailer with one axle is an extra $10, a trailer with two axles is an extra $20, a truck with three is an extra $30 (over and above the old license fees).

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We pay the sales tax when purchased, but only yearly "property tax" on real property (e.g., real estate, not vehicles). But last year the state added an "axle tax" on all vehicles that are used on the highways (which they include in the license fees). I think it is $10 per axle, so a car/pickup is $20, a trailer with one axle is an extra $10, a trailer with two axles is an extra $20, a truck with three is an extra $30 (over and above the old license fees).
Yeah we don't have that here, i am sure it will catch on before long.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning everyone.

@inspects When I've made yogurt in the past, I always just used about half a container of live-culture yogurt as a starter. Sure seems less expensive that way...is there something special about this particular starter?
Not really anything special, it just works quickly. In 24 hrs you have delicious yogurt.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I worked until about noon....then called it a day. Kinda feel like shit tonight for some reason. Body aches, no idea why.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ohh the drivers license was a breeze in and out 15 min.
Them wanting a non existent licence plate kinda sucked though.

Nice thing about living in the sticks. Unless the end or first of the month no lines.
Was the truck burned up in the fire?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I see Robert is worn out from cleaning up today. How are you doing today, Rich?
Not too bad. The back is owie, but that is normal. The shoulder isn't going to recover for a few months and, at the moment, the ligaments in both knees are doing a little screaming. So, situation "normal." :)

Not really anything special, it just works quickly. In 24 hrs you have delicious yogurt.
Wifey keeps a yogurt starter in the fridge, made from old yogurt (I think), and she puts the new batch in the oven with the oven light on as the only heat and it is yummy yogurt by the next day.

VU Sponsors