Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just had a thought that maybe I should share some stuff with you guys, but have no idea if you even want to know. I routinely get alerts from the FDA (had something to do with being registered as a doctor with National Institutes of Heath). I get a couple of these things a week and sometimes once a day, I would post something like this:

New FDA Medwatch Alert
Certain Kratom-Containing Powder Products by Viable Solutions: Recall -Possible Salmonella Contamination
April 19, 2018

Do you folks want to see this stuff?

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just had a thought that maybe I should share some stuff with you guys, but have no idea if you even want to know. I routinely get alerts from the FDA (had something to do with being registered as a doctor with National Heath whatchamacallit). I get a couple of these things a week and sometimes once a day, I would post something like this:

New FDA Medwatch Alert
Certain Kratom-Containing Powder Products by Viable Solutions: Recall -Possible Salmonella Contamination
April 19, 2018

I seen that on the interweb, but post away.....:wave:

Did you take today off, Rich?.....or just do the regular routine?....:gaah:

............:vino:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just had a thought that maybe I should share some stuff with you guys, but have no idea if you even want to know. I routinely get alerts from the FDA (had something to do with being registered as a doctor with National Heath whatchamacallit). I get a couple of these things a week and sometimes once a day, I would post something like this:

New FDA Medwatch Alert
April 19, 2018

Yep - Dale got me checking it out awhile back - I do have some but thankfully have not needed it

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you take today off, Rich?.....or just do the regular routine?....
It was a beautiful day here. Sunny, 69 degrees, light breeze, and working outside in a short sleeve shirt with no jacket. Besides emptying kitty litter and wood stove ashes into the pit, taking out recycle stuff (sorting stuff and squishing the aluminum cans), taking out garbage, attaching the hose once again, I did some fence repair so the house dogs can run around their little acre without supervision

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Retirement, you're supposed to get a lap cat not CATtle
I have the lap cat(s), but Wifey wanted the cattle, chickens, horses, dogs.......... :crazy:

I think I should add that Lannie has had a life-long dream of being a farmer. That was never going to happen while we were both working 40+ hours/week in the high tech fields. So if all those animals were her idea, what am I doing with all this? I am the hired hand. I do whatever I can to support her dream.

Of course, that does not mean that there are not many days when I dream of lounging on the deck with a nice drink and just watching the world go by. However, I must first build the deck.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What kind of cattle do you have....beef...or milk?

Beef I assume?
Actually, they are cross-breeds. Lannie wanted milk cows, but they do not tolerate the extreme cold here without having a heated barn to live in (which would be way too expensive for my low income). So we found a guy who was experimenting with crossing Jersey and Hereford and bought our first cow from him. She was preggers by a full Jersey bull, producing a 3/4 Jersey, 1/4 Hereford. We have since crossed all the offspring with Angus and they have an even better cold-weather tolerance, although less milk production. So, what we have are mostly beefers that are being used as milkers and it is working out very well. No, we are not getting the 10 gallons per day that full Jerseys would give, but we are not in this to sell milk, but just to supply ourselves and a neighbor or two with good fresh milk... from which Lannie also makes the world's best cheese, butter, yogurt, etc.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just had a thought that maybe I should share some stuff with you guys, but have no idea if you even want to know. I routinely get alerts from the FDA (had something to do with being registered as a doctor with National Institutes of Heath). I get a couple of these things a week and sometimes once a day, I would post something like this:

New FDA Medwatch Alert
April 19, 2018

Yes post away Rich

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That recall is just for one company, i think there are several.
Mine was supposed to be here last week...BUT he ran out.....yours will be on the way as soon as it arrives.

VU Sponsors