Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening everyone, hope things went better for Rich today......:vino:

How does that new mower cut grass?...really well I certainly hope....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How you feeling Jimi?

After my doctor appointment this morning, I learned my thyroid is way out of whack...found numerous items on the interweb to fix it (i hope anyway). I don't want to take the shit the doctor prescribed.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening everyone, hope things went better for Rich today......:vino:

How does that new mower cut grass?...really well I certainly hope....!
Well, it has the accelerator (forward and reverse) and the brake on the floor, just like a car, so it is much easier to control and go fast when you want or slow when you want. It has a turning radius that is damn near as quick as a ZTR (without the totally dead uncontrollable front wheels of a ZTR) -- I'd put it real close to my Bobcat in its ability to turn around an obstacle. I did a little test drive around the back and found this thing can almost do Warp speed. So I finished mowing the grass west of the cow barn where the Troy-Bilt crapped out, then went out to the ditches (part of which is about a 30-degree incline) and finished both of those in record time, without having to go back and re-mow random strands which I have always had to do with other mowers when I am mowing foot-high grass. Then, because it wasn't quite dinnertime, I mowed the dog yard at Warp9 -- the bumps just about dislocated my spine going that fast, but that whole acre was done in 45 minutes --- and it is full of trees to avoid!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it has the accelerator (forward and reverse) and the brake on the floor, just like a car, so it is much easier to control and go fast when you want or slow when you want. It has a turning radius that is damn near as quick as a ZTR (without the totally dead uncontrollable front wheels of a ZTR) -- I'd put it real close to my Bobcat in its ability to turn around an obstacle. I did a little test drive around the back and found this thing can almost do Warp speed. So I finished mowing the grass west of the cow barn where the Troy-Bilt crapped out, then went out to the ditches (part of which is about a 30-degree incline) and finished both of those in record time, without having to go back and re-mow random strands which I have always had to do with other mowers when I am mowing foot-high grass. Then, because it wasn't quite dinnertime, I mowed the dog yard at Warp9 -- the bumps just about dislocated my spine going that fast, but that whole acre was done in 45 minutes --- and it is full of trees to avoid!
Damn the dilithuims, warp speed!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How you feeling Jimi?

After my doctor appointment this morning, I learned my thyroid is way out of whack...found numerous items on the interweb to fix it (i hope anyway). I don't want to take the shit the doctor prescribed.
Feeling a little off tonight but i always do after letting the vampires have a go at me.
Sorry to hear that Dale, I don't blame you at all for not wanting their poisons. Hope what you found works well for you my friend

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you have a winner there Rich

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like you have a winner there Rich
I had a bigger CubCadet (54") about seven years ago (cost a lot more too and is now sitting dead in the shop waiting for me to conceive a miracle), and it couldn't hold a candle to this new one for speed or maneuverability.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a bigger CubCadet (54") about seven years ago (cost a lot more too and is now sitting dead in the shop waiting for me to conceive a miracle), and it couldn't hold a candle to this new one for speed or maneuverability.
Did they call you regarding the other mowers problem?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear that...like hold on to it until this one breaks, then I'll drop the cadet off and pick up the other.
Cute idea because that way they pay for storage. :idea: but... BUT they are a 150-mile round trip and if I need the back-up mower, I will need it "right fucking now," and don't want to have to delay until I can arrange that trade. If I bring it home and just keep it in a state of perpetual preparedness, I can ditch one and use the other in minutes, then worry about getting the other one fixed after the panic is over.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cute idea because that way they pay for storage. :idea: but... BUT they are a 150-mile round trip and if I need the back-up mower, I will need it "right fucking now," and don't want to have to delay until I can arrange that trade. If I bring it home and just keep it in a state of perpetual preparedness, I can ditch one and use the other in minutes, then worry about getting the other one fixed after the panic is over.
Mowers are like vaping. always have a backup...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, congratulations, Sarah.... yet I see the analogy rather like having a 1950s push mower to mow five acres because your riding mower broke. Not me, thank you.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wish you would have mentioned you were looking at the Wraith...I have a few in boxes never used, I'd a sent one.
Phillip could sure use one. He had to buy a new mod after his only mod got screwed up by a jackass working at a vape shop.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, congratulations, Sarah.... yet I see the analogy rather like having a 1950s push mower to mow five acres because your riding mower broke. Not me, thank you.
At least I don't have to take off the top and drip for every puff. And, it don't leak all over the place. I've been having a bad luck streak with RTAs.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Phillip could sure use one. He had to buy a new mod after his only mod got screwed up by a jackass working at a vape shop.
PM me the address...I'll send it when I have a spare moment this week....not sure when, but It'll be sent.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He tried to. Jackass said he couldn't be held responsible. I'm going to have to take the top of his mod off to see if I can fix it. The pin under the 510 connector got shoved down under the seal.
Why didn't he make the jackass replace his mod?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He tried to. Jackass said he couldn't be held responsible. I'm going to have to take the top of his mod off to see if I can fix it. The pin under the 510 connector got shoved down under the seal.
Tiny flathead driver....be gentle, it should pop back

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tiny flathead driver....be gentle, it should pop back
Tried. It won't come back through the seal. It's sitting at an angle just under the seal. If I have the right Allen wrench, it should be fairly easy. I hope. We tried everything else so far.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get all the lawn mowed or did it rain again?
Nope (to both). This was monthly shopping day. 270 miles driven and 12 stops (9 stores, 1 hospital, and 2 gas stations). Left here at 9 AM and didn't get back until 7 PM, then Lannie and I unloaded all the crap and sat down to a late dinner. I think that if I laid down right now, I'd just pass out. I'm too old for all this crap.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope (to both). This was monthly shopping day. 270 miles driven and 12 stops (9 stores, 1 hospital, and 2 gas stations). Left here at 9 AM and didn't get back until 7 PM, then Lannie and I unloaded all the crap and sat down to a late dinner. I think that if I laid down right now, I'd just pass out. I'm too old for all this crap.
Hahaha...yeah I know where your coming from. We inspected a 25K sf medical building this morning, I swear I walked 10 miles by the time we were done.

VU Sponsors