Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2e6d41bac639b6ae7df41c86e07efa3c.jpg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So who is stupider? The young generation or those who raised them?
Clearly some are so stupid, they should just leave the planet now.
ATT00001.jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen when they put college kids on the spot. They seem to know less than I did in the 6th grade. Its seems some of them think "professor" is short for "professional protestor".

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sad, isn't it? Perhaps we can blame Facebook that today's youth no longer reads real books, nor do they interface with real people, and it seems none of them wants to learn from history (or their elders). As you say, we knew more in grade school than today's college graduates.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sad, isn't it? Perhaps we can blame Facebook that today's youth no longer reads real books, nor do they interface with real people, and it seems none of them wants to learn from history (or their elders). As you say, we knew more in grade school than today's college graduates.
Imagine the generation going into college now. All they know is what they get on their cellphones. I'm scared to see what becomes of the kids they produce.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some part of me wishes this generation simply would not produce any who are likely to follow their footsteps or worse. And the sad part is that the vast majority of college teachers are deliberately brainwashing those kids to want, to demand, to expect someone else to give them what they believe is owed to them rather than to have to work for it themselves. I no longer follow the descriptors of Millennial or Generation X, Y, Z... all these younglings fit into "the gimme generation."

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Some part of me wishes this generation simply would not produce any who are likely to follow their footsteps or worse. And the sad part is that the vast majority of college teachers are deliberately brainwashing those kids to want, to demand, to expect someone else to give them what they believe is owed to them rather than to have to work for it themselves. I no longer follow the descriptors of Millennial or Generation X, Y, Z... all these younglings fit into "the gimme generation."

Like this loser: CAIiEDrNOLjndgZZXPxCoK5ZoXIqLQgEKiUIACIbd3d3LmJ1c2luZXNzaW5zaWRlci5jb20vc2FpKg
QICjAMMJD-CQ

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/05...om-his-parents-house-outrageous-a-judge-said/

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
According to experts, I fit in the Generation X. But, just barely. I grew up where we went outside to play. Playgrounds were not padded. Boys played with toy guns that did not have orange paint on them, to distinguish them from real guns. When we got injured, we were not rushed to the emergency room. We learned to toughen up. We had chores to do, and no allowance. At the age of 12, we got summer jobs.
Today's generation has no clue what it is like.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nor did our parents pay us to clean our rooms. You either cleaned it or got spanked. And we all had work to do around the house, both inside and outside, and we did it because that was what was expected of us. Is there nothing today's parents expect of their children?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nor did our parents pay us to clean our rooms. You either cleaned it or got spanked. And we all had work to do around the house, both inside and outside, and we did it because that was what was expected of us. Is there nothing today's parents expect of their children?
About the only thing parents can expect from kids these days, is for them to call the police any time they don't get what they want. I blame the teachers.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
G'nite Sarah.

Hate to leave you all alone, Lucy, but I am falling forward on the keyboard. If someone else doesn't join you soon, don't forget to turn out the lights.

G'nite every buddy...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It sucks not getting enough sleep, I did pretty good last night it finally caught up with me and I got 5 & 1/2 hours.
Probably have a hard time getting sleep tonight.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bout the same for me...5-hrs or so.
Not sure I got that much last night. I seemed to wake up about every 15-20 minutes with a leg cramp. Sat up and put some Fire & Ice cream on that spot, laid back down, then woke up again with a cramp somewhere else. Repeat above. Sometimes I even had to get up and walk for awhile. Must have been all that driving and walking through stores and sweating with insufficient water replacement. I hope it doesn't repeat tonight because I mowed the shit outta this place again today and it was 85 with lots of sweating.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not sure I got that much last night. I seemed to wake up about every 15-20 minutes with a leg cramp. Sat up and put some Fire & Ice cream on that spot, laid back down, then woke up again with a cramp somewhere else. Repeat above. Sometimes I even had to get up and walk for awhile. Must have been all that driving and walking through stores and sweating with insufficient water replacement. I hope it doesn't repeat tonight because I mowed the shit outta this place again today and it was 85 with lots of sweating.

Gotta stay hydrated dude - the A-number one thing, no matter what else

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gotta stay hydrated dude - the A-number one thing, no matter what else
Honestly, I do know this, but it is really hard to do when you are working at warp 9.
Hi Rich,I take a potassium supplement for leg cramps, helps most of the time
Yeah, Lannie had words with me today about potassium, but we don't have any pills, so guess I need some dandelion tea.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to get those when it's a 115 degrees here..Potassium and Magnesium supplements took the leg cramps away.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It sucks not getting enough sleep, I did pretty good last night it finally caught up with me and I got 5 & 1/2 hours.
Probably have a hard time getting sleep tonight.
My sister gave me some klons, I'll try about 4 of those tonight....supposed to knock ya out.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't get along with my Dr. they keep trying to push Chemo and radiation off on me
Screw um...tell the doctor you have anxiety attacks....your not asking for chemo.

VU Sponsors