Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those catholics love spending others people's money.....!
Yes, and fill their churches with "graven images," etc. Lannie was raised Catholic and got kicked out of Sunday school for asking intelligent questions that the nuns couldn't answer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I can say to this is "Wow!"
They even said, "We will have the check for you when you arrive, we just need your W-9"

Shock again....nobody ever told me that, it's usually net 30 days. There's my catholic barn money.....:teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beautiful clear sky, warm, light breeze... I tried to do some weed whacking in the cow corral, but my back can no longer support the weight of the gas weed whacker - the pain was just too much for me. So I said "the hell with it - if i get cow shit all over the mower, that's better than this pain" and switched gears. I got the cow corral and the cow pen mowed.
That's a welcome change, of weather anyway.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wonder why you and I are the only two people on here tonight...
Oh, BTW, check your PMs (in case you haven't already)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just looked, hope they work for Lannie...if not, she can PIF um to someone who will use them.
Given that they can be used as single coils and have the same other features she likes (like top fill), I think she will use them. Question is, do you now think you can use them? A single coil, wrapped at, say 1.5 Ohms, can be tootle puffed....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Given that they can be used as single coils and have the same other features she likes (like top fill), I think she will use them. Question is, do you now think you can use them? A single coil, wrapped at, say 1.5 Ohms, can be tootle puffed....
I have hundreds of attys and mods, piles...an entire bookshelf of shit too, I don't (need) anything (else).....:popcorn:

Matter of fact, I was going to start giving shit away, and sell some of the high-dollar stuff.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I primarily use KangerTech Protanks and Protank II (including clones) with an occasional Nautilus for good measure. :) You know, stuff that uses factory coil/wick assemblies (my arthritis makes it real tough on me to try to do coils/wicks, though I have no doubt Lannie would make them for me if I begged properly :rolleyes: ). If you have any of those things in your collection that you'd like to get rid of, I'd be more than willing to make a bid.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Add: I also keep a box here of PIF items for newbies I meet that need some help getting started. Old EVODs, clearomizers, etc. In the event you want to donate to that cause, I would make up starter kits for those folks and distribute accordingly. I have quite a collection, some old stuff that even today's newbies don't seem to want, but I keep telling them that if they want to get started for free, they can't ask me to provide free 200W cloud chucker stuff. I'm just trying to show them they can get off the ciggy butts if they want to.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I primarily use KangerTech Protanks and Protank II (including clones) with an occasional Nautilus for good measure. :) You know, stuff that uses factory coil/wick assemblies (my arthritis makes it real tough on me to try to do coils/wicks, though I have no doubt Lannie would make them for me if I begged properly :rolleyes: ). If you have any of those things in your collection that you'd like to get rid of, I'd be more than willing to make a bid.
I had a shitload of Kanger tanks...I'll see if I can find them, if so, I'll send them. After the short kanger gig, I went straight to high dollar squonk attys and mods. When the FDA was supposed to put the kibosh to vaping, I was buying attys and mods by the dozen.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh yeah, I just remembered that we bought some mech mods during the scare tactics for... what was it they called it? Vapocolypse? I know Lannie stashed those around here somewhere... And I bought VG by the 5-gallon bucket, and there's a bunch of Nic in the freezer. I really wish we could start a Juice business (not in South Dakota unfortunately) because Lannie has gotten so good at inventing new juices, I know she'd be a star.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah, I just remembered that we bought some mech mods during the scare tactics for... what was it they called it? Vapocolypse? I know Lannie stashed those around here somewhere... And I bought VG by the 5-gallon bucket, and there's a bunch of Nic in the freezer. I really wish we could start a Juice business (not in South Dakota unfortunately) because Lannie has gotten so good at inventing new juices, I know she'd be a star.
Same here, have liters of nic in the freezer, only about 3 gallons of VG. I was worried about the nic, not the VG.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here, have liters of nic in the freezer, only about 3 gallons of VG. I was worried about the nic, not the VG.
Yeah, nic is the thing most likely to get over-regulated. VG and PG can be bought just about anywhere (Walmart, Tractor Supply, etc.).
Now that I'm back to tootle puffin, 30 mls of juice lasts a couple weeks.
The Protank is, I think, about 3 mL and I use maybe 1.5 to a max of 2 per day, so 30 mL would last me just over 2 weeks. Lannie makes my ButterBeer in 60 mL bottles, so that's a month's worth each time she mixes for me.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Back on ECF, I won a 120 mL bottle of something with that name from Nicoticket. I loved it, but couldn't really taste some of the multitude of flavors they mixed in, so I created my own recipe and Lannie made it. Perfect for me. It is Butterscotch, Root Beer, and some vanilla cream. 50/50 VG/PG so it is smooth and Nic to your taste (I am currently using only 3mg/mL). If you want the recipe, I'd be happy to share. Better yet, I'll just have Lannie make you a bottle.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Back on ECF, I won a 120 mL bottle of something with that name from Nicoticket. I loved it, but couldn't really taste some of the multitude of flavors they mixed in, so I created my own recipe and Lannie made it. Perfect for me. It is Butterscotch, Root Beer, and some vanilla cream. 50/50 VG/PG so it is smooth and Nic to your taste (I am currently using only 3mg/mL). If you want the recipe, I'd be happy to share. Better yet, I'll just have Lannie make you a bottle.

I'd love to have that recipe!...

I've tried various root beers and butter scotches, they were okay, but not earth moving - hadn't thought of mixing them together...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember Nicoticket selling that, but never tried it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it was the only "sweet" thing they made. Then they discontinued it. Then (I think) they went out of business.

I'll dig my version out of Lannie's recipe binder tomorrow and post it here for you folks.
That sounds really good, although I don't have root beer flavor naturally....have 400 other flavors tho....never fails.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sounds really good, although I don't have root beer flavor naturally....have 400 other flavors tho....never fails.
Well, there's my back-up too. We called it ScotchCake (butterscotch and some nummy cake flavors)... :)

Seems you and Lannie both have about the same number of flavors. :rolleyes: She is forever inventing something new, either based on someone else's recipe or something she came up with totally on her own. Sometimes she decides she doesn't like it or she made too much with the wrong nic level and I end up with it. I'm "sipping" one of those right now... kinda like Black Forest cake.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, there's my back-up too. We called it ScotchCake (butterscotch and some nummy cake flavors)... :)

Seems you and Lannie both have about the same number of flavors. :rolleyes: She is forever inventing something new, either based on someone else's recipe or something she came up with totally on her own. Sometimes she decides she doesn't like it or she made too much with the wrong nic level and I end up with it. I'm "sipping" one of those right now... kinda like Black Forest cake.
I need to PM Lannie.....:teehee:

For some GOOD recipes.....:rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love butterscotch...and have the flavor from various outfits, but never used it.

Haven't even thought of butterscotch until you mentioned it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not even sure why I bought so many flavors, I can count on one hand how many bottles of juice I've actually invented, just mixing this with that....never came out well either. Following other recipes on this forum I've mixed some damn good flavors. Seems like everytime I see something which catches my eye...I'm missing a flavor or three....INCREDIBLE..!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I need to PM Lannie.....:teehee:
For some GOOD recipes.....:rolleyes:
I am sure she would be happy to share with you.
I love butterscotch...
Me too. And whenever we splurge and have actual ice cream, butterscotch is my favorite topping. I know all that sweet shit is not good for me, but it is a rarity... I usually satisfy the sweet tooth via these vape jooses, and now that summer has actually started (Happy Summer Solstice, BTW), it is time to use up some of the various fruity flavors I have piled around the computer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am sure she would be happy to share with you.

Me too. And whenever we splurge and have actual ice cream, butterscotch is my favorite topping. I know all that sweet shit is not good for me, but it is a rarity... I usually satisfy the sweet tooth via these vape jooses, and now that summer has actually started (Happy Summer Solstice, BTW), it is time to use up some of the various fruity flavors I have piled around the computer.
I have butterscotch and caramel + several cakes, I'll experiment with those three flavors tomorrow.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Putting butterscotch and caramel in the same juice, I think, one will try to dominate the other. They are both good, but probably shouldn't be in the same juice, but instead mixed with various combinations of subtle amounts of banana, vanilla, and cake.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Putting butterscotch and caramel in the same juice, I think, one will try to dominate the other. They are both good, but probably shouldn't be in the same juice, but instead mixed with various combinations of banana, vanilla, and cake.
Have banana too....I'll try that...thanks.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mixtress Lannie will be on here in the morning. She can tell you then if I am right or wrong. :p That's just my own tongue talking...

Well, after midnight here, so I think this cat in my lap would like me to go to bed now. Talk to y'all tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixtress Lannie will be on here in the morning. She can tell you then if I am right or wrong. :p That's just my own tongue talking...

Well, after midnight here, so I think this cat in my lap would like me to go to bed now. Talk to y'all tomorrow.
Have a good one, Rich...looks like you have a week of good weather ahead.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems like everytime I see something which catches my eye...I'm missing a flavor or three....INCREDIBLE..!

LOL! That's why God invented Bull City! :giggle:

Regarding caramel and butterscotch together, although I've never done it, I wouldn't have any qualms against it. Try it, you might like it. More butterscotch than caramel, though, depending on which caramel you have. I use FA, and it's pretty strong, but I think it would be good with butterscotch.

The butterbeer recipe is FW Butterscotch, TFA Root beer float, FA Banana, and CAP Vanilla whipped cream. I don't have the percentages in my head, and the recipe is upstairs, but one of us will post it later. Prolly Rich, I don't get on here much after my morning rounds. ;) (I think it's 10% butterscotch, 8% root beer float, 3% banana and 3% whipped cream, but I'm not positive, so don't mix that up yet.)

Dale, the way I come up with a lot of my really good recipes is by tank mixing other flavors. For instance, I have two juices I really like, and one day I say, "Hmmm, wonder what it would taste like if I mixed these two together?" So I do, and it's fabulous. Well, they're always fabulous at first, in my mind, so I have to give them several days or a week (mixing in the tank) before I decide whether it's a keeper. If it is, then I combine the recipes into one, and make it that way right from the start from then on. Some of them now are combinations of three or four recipes, so when the ingredients list starts getting long, and I get tired of finding and dragging out that many bottles of flavor each time I mix, I'll make up a one-shot bottle of flavor concentrate, and then all I have to do is put x-number of mls in the bottle, add nic, vg, pg, and I'm done. Easy-peasy! :D Depending on how much of the flavor concentrate I make (and how much I vape that juice!), I might only have to do the concentrate mixing once every six months or a year.

I see posts from newbie DIYers all the time complaining that their juice never tastes as good as the store-bought stuff, and I finally figured out it's because of the multiple levels of flavors involved in a superb juice. Most initial DIY juices are one, two, or three flavors, and they CAN be good (I have a few two-flavor juices that I LOVE), but when you get those other layers of support from a little of this and a little of that, it blossoms into something wonderful. As an example, that original Butterbeer recipe from Nicoticket probably had ten ingredients, which is why everyone was so ga-ga about it when they were selling it. I started out with a basic flavor profile, and was prepared to build on it, but Rich stopped me because he said he liked it with just the basic four flavors. I would have kept going and added more support flavors, no doubt, but hey, he likes it! :) I like the more subtle and complex flavors, AND I love creating them, so for me it's nothing but fun, and the end result is deeelish!

I know it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn here, and normally I would NEVER do that, but I make excellent juice, if I do say so myself. That's my one vanity. :oops:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@inspects @JuicyLucy
OK, you got Lannie's version above (and she was right in guessing the quantities), but here's some background and the two recipes. Butterbeer is a drink popularized from the Harry Potter movies, so if you do a web search, likely you will find various recipes (everyone's tongue seems to think their version is the right one) for the DRINK. In your search, you might add "vape" or "e-juice" or something that makes it obvious you are looking for something to vape, not drink. As Lannie pointed out, I cut off a lot of Nicoticket's ingredients because my vape style does not seem to appreciate a half percent of anything (like licorice to embolden the root beer) because I can't taste it. So here's my version:

BUTTERBEER

10% butterscotch (FW)
8% root beer (TFA)
3% banana (FA)
3% vanilla whipped cream (CAP)
Nic - you obviously need to set this percentage by yourself
50/50 VG/PG to fill the bottle - use your own desires here (Max PG will taste different than max VG, etc.)

SCOTCHCAKE

10% vanilla cupcake (CAP)
5% butterscotch (FW)
50/50 VG/PG to fill the bottle - use your own desires here (Max PG will taste different than max VG, etc.)

For both of these, I tend to let them sit about a week before using them, because fresh from the mixtress, one flavor will stand out stronger and a month later, another flavor seems to steal the stage. I compensate for this by raising the mod's Wattage a tad bit every few days, like Day 1 is 5W and next week it is 7W, then 10W, then 12W, then change the wick/coil.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ohh this is the S10 Blazer 4WD 2001 model.
I like it too. Bought it a year or so ago and still doing an as I go restoration on it.
Body is really nice but high miles.
I go all the way thru my used vehicles that I buy.
Next to check is driveline joints and differential seals.

Not a gas hog but not great either.
Still better than the 1988 K10 I had. That beast took a few hundred bucks worth of parts to get it up to 15 mpg, and that ain't counting the labor costs.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL! That's why God invented Bull City! :giggle:

Regarding caramel and butterscotch together, although I've never done it, I wouldn't have any qualms against it. Try it, you might like it. More butterscotch than caramel, though, depending on which caramel you have. I use FA, and it's pretty strong, but I think it would be good with butterscotch.

The butterbeer recipe is FW Butterscotch, TFA Root beer float, FA Banana, and CAP Vanilla whipped cream. I don't have the percentages in my head, and the recipe is upstairs, but one of us will post it later. Prolly Rich, I don't get on here much after my morning rounds. ;) (I think it's 10% butterscotch, 8% root beer float, 3% banana and 3% whipped cream, but I'm not positive, so don't mix that up yet.)

Dale, the way I come up with a lot of my really good recipes is by tank mixing other flavors. For instance, I have two juices I really like, and one day I say, "Hmmm, wonder what it would taste like if I mixed these two together?" So I do, and it's fabulous. Well, they're always fabulous at first, in my mind, so I have to give them several days or a week (mixing in the tank) before I decide whether it's a keeper. If it is, then I combine the recipes into one, and make it that way right from the start from then on. Some of them now are combinations of three or four recipes, so when the ingredients list starts getting long, and I get tired of finding and dragging out that many bottles of flavor each time I mix, I'll make up a one-shot bottle of flavor concentrate, and then all I have to do is put x-number of mls in the bottle, add nic, vg, pg, and I'm done. Easy-peasy! :D Depending on how much of the flavor concentrate I make (and how much I vape that juice!), I might only have to do the concentrate mixing once every six months or a year.

I see posts from newbie DIYers all the time complaining that their juice never tastes as good as the store-bought stuff, and I finally figured out it's because of the multiple levels of flavors involved in a superb juice. Most initial DIY juices are one, two, or three flavors, and they CAN be good (I have a few two-flavor juices that I LOVE), but when you get those other layers of support from a little of this and a little of that, it blossoms into something wonderful. As an example, that original Butterbeer recipe from Nicoticket probably had ten ingredients, which is why everyone was so ga-ga about it when they were selling it. I started out with a basic flavor profile, and was prepared to build on it, but Rich stopped me because he said he liked it with just the basic four flavors. I would have kept going and added more support flavors, no doubt, but hey, he likes it! :) I like the more subtle and complex flavors, AND I love creating them, so for me it's nothing but fun, and the end result is deeelish!

I know it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn here, and normally I would NEVER do that, but I make excellent juice, if I do say so myself. That's my one vanity. :oops:
Thanks much....Lannie....Rich.....!!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@inspects @JuicyLucy
OK, you got Lannie's version above (and she was right in guessing the quantities), but here's some background and the two recipes. Butterbeer is a drink popularized from the Harry Potter movies, so if you do a web search, likely you will find various recipes (everyone's tongue seems to think their version is the right one) for the DRINK. In your search, you might add "vape" or "e-juice" or something that makes it obvious you are looking for something to vape, not drink. As Lannie pointed out, I cut off a lot of Nicoticket's ingredients because my vape style does not seem to appreciate a half percent of anything (like licorice to embolden the root beer) because I can't taste it. So here's my version:

BUTTERBEER

10% butterscotch (FW)
8% root beer (TFA)
3% banana (FA)
3% vanilla whipped cream (CAP)

SCOTCHCAKE

10% vanilla cupcake (CAP)
5% butterscotch (FW)

For both of these, I tend to let them sit about a week before using them, because fresh from the mixtress, one flavor will stand out stronger and a month later, another flavor seems to steal the stage. I compensate for this by raising the mod's Wattage a tad bit every few days, like Day 1 is 5W and next week it is 7W, then 10W, then 12W, then change the wick/coil.

Great - have my fingers crossed I'll be able to do a little mixing this weekend

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Rich.....Please tell Lannie thank you for posting her recipes....!

How was your day?.....good I hope....:vino:

Mine was kinda uneventful, but HOT....therefore I didn't wander past the grocery store to pick up a few essentials - needed oatmeal-chia-flax raisin cranberry for my cookies - which are in the dehydrator now....:popcorn:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening Rich.....Please tell Lannie thank you for posting her recipes....!
How was your day?.....good I hope....:vino:
Mine was kinda uneventful, but HOT....therefore I didn't wander past the grocery store to pick up a few essentials - needed oatmeal-chia-flax raisin cranberry for my cookies - which are in the dehydrator now....
Lannie's already asleep, but she'll see your post in the morning.
Didn't do much today. That forecast of "nice for the next week" was really wrong... it was raining when I got up this morning, then a group of nasty thunderstorms this afternoon/evening. I thought (for a millisecond) that I was dead meat after chores tonight. Coming back from the barn, lightning flashed overhead, very low to the ground, lit me and the ground up brighter than sunshine, and the KABOOM happened at the same time and I was in the process of shitting my pants when I realized that it had not hit me. Phew! I hobbled into the garage, fed the ferals, then went in the house to watch a DVD of ancient 3rd Rock episodes. Sigh... :blah:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie's already asleep, but she'll see your post in the morning.
Didn't do much today. That forecast of "nice for the next week" was really wrong... it was raining when I got up this morning, then a group of nasty thunderstorms this afternoon/evening. I thought (for a millisecond) that I was dead meat after chores tonight. Coming back from the barn, lightning flashed overhead, very low to the ground, lit me and the ground up brighter than sunshine, and the KABOOM happened at the same time and I was in the process of shitting my pants when I realized that it had not hit me. Phew! I hobbled into the garage, fed the ferals, then went in the house to watch a DVD of ancient 3rd Rock episodes. Sigh... :blah:
Wow....not good, and so much for the weather guessers...!

VU Sponsors