Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was on my way home last night, Rich......LONG DAY... O'hare again, what a nuthouse.....:devil:
All that BS to go to Canada to NOT get the fish you wanted, and it was hot and muggy?

Well, 99 here with 70% RH. Not only were Lannie and I in melt-down mode, but all the animals were sluggish as hell. And we have two outside dogs who wear thick fur all year -- that's OK to live through our winters, but really sad to see them trying to suffer through this heat and humidity. Speaking of winter, just think about this: six months ago today, the temperature here was 109 degrees colder than it was today.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All that BS to go to Canada to NOT get the fish you wanted, and it was hot and muggy?

Well, 99 here with 70% RH. Not only were Lannie and I in melt-down mode, but all the animals were sluggish as hell. And we have two outside dogs who wear thick fur all year -- that's OK to live through our winters, but really sad to see them trying to suffer through this heat and humidity. Speaking of winter, just think about this: six months ago today, the temperature here was 109 degrees colder than it was today.

Bet the varmints are suffering from the heat.

Rained like hell here last night, was like a sauna today.....:mad:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds to me like Phil's company is extremely short-sighted. His manager should be replaced before Phil finds himself a new job.
While he has considered a new job, he has also considered the costs of commuting for 2 hours every day to go to the replacement job. Most employers pay less than he is getting now.
He was a temp when he got hired on. My sister works for the same company, in a different department.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
he has considered a new job, he has also considered the costs of commuting for 2 hours every day to go to the replacement job. Most employers pay less than he is getting now.
Then just have his manager call me and I will teach him how to manage that company. If Phil ever gets sick, they are in deep shit.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good stuff, really like it. It's prolly even better after letting it sit for a couple weeks, but it's delicious as a S&V.
Remember that Lannie has even more recipes to share with you if you so desire (via PM of course). The Butterbeer was the only one I formulated; the rest are hers alone... even the Scotchcake, which is my second favorite, but she created it for me. I think she is finalizing something with blueberries at the moment. I haven't tried it, but it smells pretty good.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like a window A/C unit is on next week's shopping list?...
Actually, I have one out in the garage, but it only makes a cool spot within about 10 feet from the window. And, the only window I can put it in is south-facing, which is a major no-no for A/C. We have never found anything that cools the whole house (except Winter) :( and this house is way too old to even think about the major modifications required for central A/C.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Remember that Lannie has even more recipes to share with you if you so desire (via PM of course). The Butterbeer was the only one I formulated; the rest are hers alone... even the Scotchcake, which is my second favorite, but she created it for me. I think she is finalizing something with blueberries at the moment. I haven't tried it, but it smells pretty good.
Will make the scotchcake next weekend. Tomorrow we're inspecting a catholic school.....:cry:..:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I have one out in the garage, but it only makes a cool spot within about 10 feet from the window. And, the only window I can put it in is south-facing, which is a major no-no for A/C. We have never found anything that cools the whole house (except Winter) :( and this house is way too old to even think about the major modifications required for central A/C.
Cut a hole in a bedroom wall, fill it in later this fall.....:oops:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cut a hole in a bedroom wall, fill it in later this fall.....:oops:
Would you believe there is only one plug-in in the entire bedroom and it is across the room from the outside wall? Extension cord? Yup, that's possible, but also likely to get tripped on and unplugged... by one of the dogs.

This old house would never pass an inspection and the cost of repair would be greater than the value of this entire property.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would you believe there is only one plug-in in the entire bedroom and it is across the room from the outside wall? Extension cord? Yup, that's possible, but also likely to get tripped on and unplugged... by one of the dogs.

This old house would never pass an inspection and the cost of repair would be greater than the value of this entire property.
Run a 20 amp circuit up yonder....give ya something to do....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Run a 20 amp circuit up yonder....give ya something to do....:)
Yeah, right... even though I was once a certified electrician (ummm, 1975? I analyzed/fixed sawmills), I have enough shit to keep me occupied around this dump without trying to fight the totally irrational wiring going in and out of the previous owner's stupid idea of a main breaker panel. I now have breaker panels in every building here, but the one in the house is a death trap (don't tell Lannie). ;)

BTW, now I have the CubCadet (just ordered new blades), AND I got the TroyBilt back and it runs (bent valve guide -- new blades for that already in the shop and gotta put green slime in a couple tires), and I also got a new wheeled weed whacker (cuz I can't hold up the heavy duty standard weed whacker no more) - kinda like a DR but much much cheaper (Southland brand - which probably means made near Hong Kong).

Went out today (in spite of the heat) to water the garden and somehow managed to occupy myself pullinga shit-load of weeds - by hand!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to find a vendor that sells apricot flavoring for juice so I can mix my own. Any ideas?
Bull City Flavors...has Apricot...just not sure which brand without doing some digging threw my flavor stash....several flavor companies make Apricot tho...but I'm not sure which is best....I guess whatever tastes good to you is the best.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This house was outlet poor before we moved in. I added several of them. They will pass an inspection, even if the house won't.
I totally wired both barns and the chicken coop here, but that was easy because I had a blank slate. Lights, plug-ins, heat lamps, trough heaters with switches... Trying to figure out what/where/how that idiot did this house is a major headache. If I ever win the lottery, I think this house might just accidentally get burned down after I have a new one bulit farther back from the highway. :devil:

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, right... even though I was once a certified electrician (ummm, 1975? I analyzed/fixed sawmills), I have enough shit to keep me occupied around this dump without trying to fight the totally irrational wiring going in and out of the previous owner's stupid idea of a main breaker panel. I now have breaker panels in every building here, but the one in the house is a death trap (don't tell Lannie). ;)

BTW, now I have the CubCadet (just ordered new blades), AND I got the TroyBilt back and it runs (bent valve guide -- new blades for that already in the shop and gotta put green slime in a couple tires), and I also got a new wheeled weed whacker (cuz I can't hold up the heavy duty standard weed whacker no more) - kinda like a DR but much much cheaper (Southland brand - which probably means made near Hong Kong).

Went out today (in spite of the heat) to water the garden and somehow managed to occupy myself pullinga shit-load of weeds - by hand!
Man, your having problems with tires....that just makes me furious, which is why the first thing they get is SPF-ed

The southland will prolly last as long as others....seems like most parts are made in Asia, regardless of where they're actually assembled.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Bull City Flavors...has Apricot...just not sure which brand without doing some digging threw my flavor stash....several flavor companies make Apricot tho...but I'm not sure which is best....I guess whatever tastes good to you is the best.

I'm trying to find a vendor that sells apricot flavoring for juice so I can mix my own. Any ideas?

Yep BCF is the only way to fly

When in doubt on a brand, it is usually hard to beat Flavour Art. It is usually a little more expensive, but you need to use much, much less than other brands

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like bull city's prices much more than some of the sites I have seen that don't sell bottle bigger than 4oz. Which is why I asked here.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man, your having problems with tires....that just makes me furious, which is why the first thing they get is SPF-ed

The southland will prolly last as long as others....seems like most parts are made in Asia, regardless of where they're actually assembled.
Yeah... luckily I have a big compressor in the shop, but pumping them up every morning is still a pain in the ass, so I just got a new gallon of slime which, hopefully, will take care of the problem. I fixed one tire on the CubCadet with it already and it is holding just fine.

So far, the only problem with the Southland is the learning curve - mine. It is push and pull like a lawn mower, but still a string trimmer, but too big to swing around, so ya have to get to know the approach-departure angles so as to not girdle a tree or break the strings (uses three sizes, all larger than most hand-held whackers). Luckily, putting new strings on that thing is relatively easy. Uses 50:1 gas/oil. so had to make a special can of gas for it because all my other 2-strokes use 38:1.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, and about a penny per milliliter to make.
And Phillip will still continue to buy 30ml bottles, just because he is used to it. I don't think he'd like the cost of the investment for the mixing supplies either.
As for myself, I like the idea of going cheap, even if the original investment is going to cost me somewhere around $100. At least I'll be set for juice for some time.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And Phillip will still continue to buy 30ml bottles, just because he is used to it. I don't think he'd like the cost of the investment for the mixing supplies either.
As for myself, I like the idea of going cheap, even if the original investment is going to cost me somewhere around $100. At least I'll be set for juice for some time.
You can get set up for less than 100 bucks.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the original investment is going to cost me somewhere around $100

Talk to Phil about the cost of smoking cigarettes. Let's see... about $60/carton, which is about a one week supply for one person, so two people for a month would be around $500 and the flavors and VG and PG and nic might be 1/10th that cost.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Talk to Phil about the cost of smoking cigarettes. Let's see... about $60/carton, which is about a one week supply for one person, so two people for a month would be around $500 and the flavors and VG and PG and nic might be 1/10th that cost.
It was somewhat difficult to convince him to stop smoking in he first place. He had two choices. Quit, or do it outdoors. As far as him and his juice, he pays $8 per 30ml + $2.99 for shipping, no matter how big his order, and he is happy with that.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking at getting a quart of nicotine to start off with. No way do I want to limit myself to constantly having to buy more supplies. Remember, I vape 24mg juice, not the 3mg many here vape.
I forget what I paid for nic, but it was cheap as hell for good nic. Have liters in the freezer from Nude Nicotine for years, it's just as good now as it was two years ago. Prices have dropped I believe, since there are so many selling it now.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know he is going to come in here and read all this. When he does, maybe he might be convinced that DIY is the way to go.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know he is going to come in here and read all this. When he does, maybe he might be convinced that DIY is the way to go.
It's the only way to go. Figure out what flavors are in the juice he likes, you can come pretty damn close these days without much waste. If something doesn't taste close to what I was shooting for, it's still good enough to vape.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's the only way to go. Figure out what flavors are in the juice he likes, you can come pretty damn close these days without much waste. If something doesn't taste close to what I was shooting for, it's still good enough to vape.
All he Vapes is Pina colada.

VU Sponsors