Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Only 79 °F here today (84 °F in the house) with 78% RH for a "feels like" of about 84 °F outside (and 95 °F inside).. The reason it didn't get any hotter outside was that the thunderstorms hit us at 2 PM (2 hours before max heating time). I was in the horse barn rebuilding the tool crib when the lightning started striking the ground all around us. I took a short break to stand in the doorway and watch (might as well take a vape break, huh?) and I felt like I was in a SciFi movie. Zeus or Thor or one of those demi-gawds was in the clouds hurling spears of lightning right and left all around our little farm... CRACK-BOOM (zero time delay). Absolutely awesome display with very little inner-cloud or cloud-to-cloud... almost all cloud-to-ground lightning. And the downrush wind was so cold I almost wished for a jacket (but I got over it).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only 79 °F here today (84 °F in the house) with 78% RH for a "feels like" of about 84 °F outside (and 95 °F inside).. The reason it didn't get any hotter outside was that the thunderstorms hit us at 2 PM (2 hours before max heating time). I was in the horse barn rebuilding the tool crib when the lightning started striking the ground all around us. I took a short break to stand in the doorway and watch (might as well take a vape break, huh?) and I felt like I was in a SciFi movie. Zeus or Thor or one of those demi-gawds was in the clouds hurling spears of lightning right and left all around our little farm... CRACK-BOOM (zero time delay). Absolutely awesome display with very little inner-cloud or cloud-to-cloud... almost all cloud-to-ground lightning. And the downrush wind was so cold I almost wished for a jacket (but I got over it).
Is this typical summer weather?.. seems like your having nutty storms on a daily basis, or every-other day.

The vape break watching the action sounds inviting. SOB, it was just about unbearable here. Inspecting a huge commercial building for a group of doctor-investors.....freaking thing needs everything including a new breakroom sink (including all attachments) for a new sink.... a new roof, few A/C units, really nothing a few hundred grand won't repair tho.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can see storm clouds over the superstition mountain range, no rain here, but the humidity is just brutal....although I believe I mentioned that yesterday. Guess I'm just double-bitchin tonight.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's gonna stay hot as hell until some so called cold front is supposed to come in on Tuesday, and drop the temperature to only 99. Usually when they forecast something that far ahead, it never occurs. Tuesday may as well be Feb. 30, 2065. I ain't holding my breath.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is this typical summer weather?.. seems like your having nutty storms on a daily basis, or every-other day.
Not really. Kinda freaky, actually, but being the solar cycle is making great changes with planetary climate, I shall just take this in stride and record it for future posterity.
Inspecting a huge commercial building for a group of doctor-investors..... freaking thing needs everything including a new break room sink (including all attachments) for a new sink.... a new roof, few A/C units, really nothing a few hundred grand won't repair tho.
And doctors, of course, have the money to rebuild that place, ripped right out of their patients' wallets,

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's gonna stay hot as hell until some so called cold front is supposed to come in on Tuesday, and drop the temperature to only 99. Usually when they forecast something that far ahead, it never occurs. Tuesday may as well be Feb. 30, 2065. I ain't holding my breath.
Given that you only had 9% RH today, your "feels like" was 100 °F, so you almost got what they forecast already. :D

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just wait til our creeks and lakes dry up, and rain down on SD. I've already seen the creeks dry up to the point where I can walk across them without getting my feet wet.
The only creeks round here have water right after snow melt, but are dry the rest of the year (the soil soaks up all this rain, so no standing water past the first day). There is a small river about a dozen miles north of us, but it already only has about half its normal depth/width. Luckily, I have a well into a deep aquifer (underground river from Alberta).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I say we deport the heat back to Mexico.
Was talking to my mexican buddy who works at a restaurant we usually stop for lunch...he said he just returned from Guadalajara, claims it was 75F and sunny all last week. Never been there so I can't say whether he's just sticking me with a hot poker, or it's the truth.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only creeks round here have water right after snow melt, but are dry the rest of the year (the soil soaks up all this rain, so no standing water past the first day). There is a small river about a dozen miles north of us, but it already only has about half its normal depth/width. Luckily, I have a well into a deep aquifer (underground river from Alberta).
Elm Creek is about as wide as the Colorado River here. The only difference is the depth and speed the water flows. Elm Creek is usually about 12 feet deep where I crossed it last summer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just felt lucky....so I looked at the 10-day cast....I'll plan on having severe diarrhea in the near future....starting on Friday and ending on Wed of next week. Fuck me to tears....

upload_2018-7-18_21-23-34.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, your only consolation to the forecast, Dale, is that all the RH percentages are less than 30, which will make the "feels like" a couple degrees less than the actual free air temperature (my guess is that Tuesday's 116 will still feel like 116, so go ahead a shit your guts out).

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, your only consolation to the forecast, Dale, is that all the RH percentages are less than 30, which will make the "feels like" a couple degrees less than the actual free air temperature (my guess is that Tuesday's 116 will still feel like 116, so go ahead a shit your guts out).
Yep. It's a good day for dysentary.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
THU

JUL 19

Sunny

107°76°

0%

S 11 mph29%

FRI

JUL 20

Sunny

107°75°

0%

S 11 mph29%

SAT

JUL 21

Mostly Sunny

106°76°

0%

S 11 mph33%

SUN

JUL 22

Partly Cloudy

107°77°

0%

SSW 11 mph31%

MON

JUL 23

Mostly Sunny

108°76°

0%

SSW 10 mph27%

TUE

JUL 24

Partly Cloudy

100°75°

10%

NNE 9 mph35%

This tablet does not have a screen print function.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm about 200 miles northwest of Guayaquil, the temperature is usually about 5 degrees cooler and less humidity.....I can take that. Now to finish these jobs or hire another person. Never been this busy in my life, the economy in the Phoenix area is unreal, and I'm greedy......:cry:...but I'd rather live to enjoy life.

upload_2018-7-18_21-42-4.png

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I'm gonna hafta drag my ass to bed. I got some boards that need cutting before 10:00 AM. After that, it's gonna be too fucking hot to go outside.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's unique about EC is you can drive a hundred miles in different directions and have completely different climates. Depends how high you are on the mountain, which side, kinda like the northwest USA.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What's unique about EC is you can drive a hundred miles in different directions and have completely different climates. Depends how high you are on the mountain, which side, kinda like the northwest USA.
Yeah, that's one of the things I loved about Orygun. Two north-south mountain chains with a big green valley between for farms. Nice coastal area for boaters and fishermen. More than half of the state east of the Cascades for ranchers. Hunting/fishing/hiking/camping everywhere. Awesome skiing. Great mountain climbing. Some of the best variety of geography and geology in the country... I'd still be there if the fucking Californians hadn't invaded and forced their way of life on everyone (of course, the nut cases in Porkland were eager to adopt that bullshit).

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that's one of the things I loved about Orygun. Two north-south mountain chains with a big green valley between for farms. Nice coastal area for boaters and fishermen. Mote than half of the state east of the Cascades for ranchers. Hunting/fishing/hiking/camping everywhere. Awesome skiing. Great mountain climbing. Some of the best variety of geography and geology in the country... I'd still be there if the fucking Californians hadn't invaded and forced their way of life on everyone (of course, the nut cases in Porkland were eager to adopt that bullshit).
I hear that, Rich...my aunt lives up there and loves it...even in the winter.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She doesn't really get snow, it may snow but doesn't stick. Then the next day it's in the 50's.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that's one of the things I loved about Orygun. Two north-south mountain chains with a big green valley between for farms. Nice coastal area for boaters and fishermen. Mote than half of the state east of the Cascades for ranchers. Hunting/fishing/hiking/camping everywhere. Awesome skiing. Great mountain climbing. Some of the best variety of geography and geology in the country... I'd still be there if the fucking Californians hadn't invaded and forced their way of life on everyone (of course, the nut cases in Porkland were eager to adopt that bullshit).
Were you in the Portland area?...or outskirts....?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta hit the hay, I'm starting real early tomorrow, hopefully to beat most of this shit.....:xD:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Were you in the Portland area?...or outskirts....?
My younger years were about 30-60 miles SW of Porkland. When I came back after my six years USAF, we settled in the Aloha-to-Forest Grove area (I worked in Beaverton) - still west of Porkland. Then my company gave me an opportunity to take part in an experimental division In Redmond, so I moved to Bend (Mt. Bachelor had fantastic powder snow and I loved skiing). Central Orygun had everything I could possibly want for every hobby/sport I chose to participate in. Helped start COSSA (Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association), was an NRA-certified instructor for county-issued CWPs (AKA CHL), range master, etc. Lannie and I were both astronomers/guides at Pine Mountain Observatory (UofO) during the summer. Nothing about the weather anywhere in that state ever bugged me like this place does. But... BUT... there are no Californicators trying to take over South Dakota.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
107.4° with 13% humidity at the moment, with worse to come.

95967f8b9f7efbb5e90e5e9b45ba3b7c.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was 95 degrees in my garage when I went to work at 6:00 this morning....outside....89F....it was a miserable HOT day.

Been eating good food for a few years now, trying to keep my glucose level in the normal range, last A1C was 5.2, which is less than someone without pancreas issues...someone with diabetes a 5.8-6.2 A1C is good.

Now my blood sugar is going low during the day when working somewhat hard, sweating an all. Ate a peach and nectarine, glucose was still 50, should be about 80-90....damned if I know why this is occurring. Need to eat more complex carbs, aka fruit I guess. Although I have a huge fruit and veggie smoothie before hitting the road each morning. Made a doctor appointment with a holistic doctor for next Tuesday. First time seeing a holistic doc, hope to learn something,

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What exciting happened on the Homestead today, Rich?

Prolly rained like hell again?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What exciting happened on the Homestead today, Rich?

Prolly rained like hell again?
Clear all night, but Lannie told me there was the most unusual and remarkable roll cloud just before sunrise, followed by a thunderstorm and heavy rain. That is almost impossible without something to force the air to rise enough to create the cumulonimbus and turbulence to make the roll cloud. It is almost like someone is creating impossible weather on their Heavenly Computer and our world is merely the test stage to see what happens. When I got up, the sky was clear again, but other than routine chores, I didn't do anything today because I was in extreme pain (seems I forgot to take my pain pills before bed last night). Later this afternoon, I was outside and noticed one small cumulus cloud just a few miles NW of our place. The rest of the sky was perfectly clear. It was not hot enough to provide the building lift to turn that puff into a thunderstorm, but as I watched it, it grew and grew and spread out wide and covered half the sky and it actually got cooler while I was watching. What the Fuck? Am I living in a fantasy land? This shit just doesn't happen this way. It became another thunderstorm, but luckily to the north of us, moving east (even though surface winds were from the north and it should have come right over us). Once it moved east, the whole sky cleared off again. I checked the doppler maps and... yeah, they indicated none of that was ever there. Whose reality am I in anyway? Is my wacko neighbor correct and someone is controlling our weather via chemtrails*? o_O

* that which the rest of us perceive to be condensation trails from aircraft exhaust. She is a bit of a conspiracy loony.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Clear all night, but Lannie told me there was the most unusual and remarkable roll cloud just before sunrise, followed by a thunderstorm and heavy rain. That is almost impossible without something to force the air to rise enough to create the cumulonimbus and turbulence to make the roll cloud. It is almost like someone is creating impossible weather on their Heavenly Computer and our world is merely the test stage to see what happens. When I got up, the sky was clear again, but other than routine chores, I didn't do anything today because I was in extreme pain (seems I forgot to take my pain pills before bed last night). Later this afternoon, I was outside and noticed one small cumulus cloud just a few miles NW of our place. The rest of the sky was perfectly clear. It was not hot enough to provide the building lift to turn that puff into a thunderstorm, but as I watched it, it grew and grew and spread out wide and covered half the sky and it actually got cooler while I was watching. What the Fuck? Am I living in a fantasy land? This shit just doesn't happen this way. It became another thunderstorm, but luckily to the north of us, moving east (even though surface winds were from the north and it should have come right over us). Once it moved east, the whole sky cleared off again. I checked the doppler maps and... yeah, they indicated none of that was ever there. Whose reality am I in anyway? Is my wacko neighbor correct and someone is controlling our weather via chemtrails*? o_O

* that which the rest of us perceive to be condensation trails from aircraft exhaust. She is a bit of a conspiracy loony.
It has been really unusually cloudy here the last few days since I returned home. Can't figure it out either. No rain today, just hot and (and my perceived) humidity. Most of the cumulonimbus are toward the White Mountains, but nonetheless there billowing HIGH into the sky.

VU Sponsors