Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Babe is a good movie although Maw was murdered.

Ahh American society and morals.
A good American parent will run for a cop if their child sees a woman's bare breast.
But will let their SMALL children watch Freddy Kruger type of crap movies and buys them horribly violent video games to PLAY with....

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like Pixar movies as well but I think I've only seen three. Brave, Wall*E and Monsters Inc. Really really like Brave, alot.

Dreamworks has made good movies/series as well. Love How to Train Your Dragon (3rd movie comes out next week), Rise of the Guardians and Shrek.

Sony did very well with Hotel Transylvania ( 3rd movie comes out in July), and the Open Season series. Wifey and I watch the first two Hotel Transylvania's all the time and can't wait to see the third.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If they gave me that, I would throw it at them and scream for drugs, since emesis is a Fate Worse Than Death.

Andria

No thanks on the drugs - the anti-nausea med they wanted to start me on also required a second script to keep you from getting the Hershey squirts - WTF kind of treatment is that????

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I watched the first one it was good.
Cars 2 is OK (eh, so so), but not as good as the first one because Mater is the star instead of Lightning and the casual flirting is not the romance (suggestion of long-term relationship) that is so obvious in the first one.

Also, the producers made the same mistake as done in so many follow-on movies. Mater was comic relief in the first movie and, as such, was very popular. But they assumed that meant the audiences would love a movie with him as the star and his personality could not carry that role well enough to make Cars2 as popular as the first one.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No thanks on the drugs - the anti-nausea med they wanted to start me on also required a second script to keep you from getting the Hershey squirts - WTF kind of treatment is that????

Ick. Not sure what they gave me along with the morphine when I went in for the appendix, but it really worked! I'm normally VERY sensitive to opiate-induced nausea, I think because of my formerly-alcoholic liver, but i was able to disregard the pain and fall asleep for a few hours, with no nausea at all, which was nice after 24 hrs of of feeling crappy and ever-mounting pain. When I went home, they gave me a scrip for Phenergan, which is fairly effective.

Andria

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've heard it's good.
If you like the race track, the detail is incredible. Every little rubber chip from the tires is bouncing around. Grass and dirt flies like real life. And the scenery while cruising the countryside made me think I had actually been there in real life. If you rent it on DVD, be sure to watch the extras, because their run up and descriptions of old Route 66 is awesome.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Starting out sore has heck this morning.

Yesterday was a Doc day for me. Went in for a blood draw then went to pick up my left hearing aid from being serviced. Anyway, got home and sat down in my comfy office chair in my living room full of Victorian style furniture. Went to lean back and "CRACK" and the "Stop" in the reclining feature broke. So I see the writing on the wall, go online and check Office Depot and Amazon.Warehouse Deals. and ordered this bad boy.

61Ird%2Br-9gL._SL1000_.jpg

Completely adjustable with padded neck, back and lumbar support. Also reclines. Due to be delivered via FedX tomorrow.

Later, I am in said chair, in my PJ's and my thick red and black bed socks talking to the Mrs. and there is another CRACK. Suddenly I am flat on my back, legs and feet sticking up in the air, mod in my right hand and TV remote in my left, wife laughing uncontrollably and the cat who had come to investigate is now sitting on my chest.

Dignity totally shot and reaching for Icy Hot Pads.

Well, the Beast arrived via FedX a couple of hours ago in the form of a 47lb box containing 47 pieces and the usual almost worthless assembly/instruction manual.

If I did not have to take frequent breaks (rolling around on the floor putting the thing together did a number on my back) I could have had it together in about an hour tops.

The thing is HUGE but damn if it is not super comfy! Solid construction, padded where it needs to be padded and gives support where needed.

So if any of the other Old Phart's here need a chair that just loves your back, look no further!

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, the Beast arrived via FedX a couple of hours ago in the form of a 47lb box containing 47 pieces and the usual almost worthless assembly/instruction manual.

If I did not have to take frequent breaks (rolling around on the floor putting the thing together did a number on my back) I could have had it together in about an hour tops.

The thing is HUGE but damn if it is not super comfy! Solid construction, padded where it needs to be padded and gives support where needed.

So if any of the other Old Phart's here need a chair that just loves your back, look no further!

And a good place to lean back and contemplate the merits of the new wall crawler kit when it arrives. Congrats on the win.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And a good place to lean back and contemplate the merits of the new wall crawler kit when it arrives. Congrats on the win.

Great Point and Thanks!

However, for the time being, I will sit and contemplate WHEN I will be getting my new Vape Toy:mooncat:

In the immortal words of me after my wife's church's potluck dinner, "I ate What?":devil::giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mounted a dozen ceiling light boxes in my basement today and got about 1/2 of the wire ran for them..
My arms are sore.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mounted a dozen ceiling light boxes in my basement today and got about 1/2 of the wire ran for them..
My arms are sore.

Yowee - those overhead chores can be a trial by fire :eek:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My arms are sore.

Wouldn’t it work better if you put the lights up instead of the boxes?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wouldn’t it work better if you put the lights up instead of the boxes?

Have to have the boxes to attach the light fixtures to.

BTW the USA took GOLD in Curling!
:bliss:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Evening ol' phartz....I too have not watched a movie in many years. I'd rather watch the three stooges.

I have recently been hooked up with Amazon Prime Video and Redbox.

Me is Movie Rich!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Evening ol' phartz....I too have not watched a movie in many years. I'd rather watch the three stooges.

I think there is a channel where you can watch the US Congress, Senate and House of Representatives live.

Same difference.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ate 'em all. Can't get more until Wednesday (monthly shopping day), and I can only do that if the temp gets up to freezing before then so (cross your fingers) I can get that damn Bobcat started and clear the driveway enough to be able to get out of here.

Given how slow it is in here tonight, I assume everyone is doing something else instead of hanging out here watching the paint dry.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey all - thought I'd drop in between swinging insults at the squonkers and mixing some direly needed juice

Found out I dislike mixing with a scale as much as I thought I would :(

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Why would anyone want to use a scale if they own a graduated hypo/dropper? Simple math tells ya how many cc's to put in.

Thought I would give it a shot as so many swear it is easier - I can see it if you only make small amounts and have teeny bottles of flavor you can squeeze - but all my stuff is big bottles pretty much.

Weighing it was a PITA and I still needed syringes :confused:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think we make anything smaller than 60ml bottles, except when I am experimenting and mix it right in a 3ml tank (a drop at a time). :)

VU Sponsors