Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got to head out! Falling a sleep at the laptop again. Believe it or not I have dosed off at the kitchen table watching stuff online.

I had to take a pneumonia shot. I wasn't thrilled but my immune system is compromised and working with rehab and old folks in the rehab nursing center. Another catch 22 for me.
Good night Sandi, was good seeing you

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How true that is, i smoked for 48+ years and was a welder by profession, breathed my share of smoke and my lung scans come back fairly clean
Yep, the body is amazing....no other words for it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well my friends you all have a good night and I will see you all tomorrow, i am headed for a nice hot soak in Epsom Salts.
Good Night my friends

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well my friends you all have a good night and I will see you all tomorrow, i am headed for a nice hot soak in Epsom Salts.
Good Night my friends
Have a fantastic day tomorrow, Jimi...!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sandi, are you an RN?
Nope but I could be. I have the education but opted out on the LPN exam. I had two parents who had health issues. I decided not to be selfish and help them both in their journey. I ended up doing hospice care for my mom. It was horrifying to watch a loved one die but I gave her the respect she deserved. Never thought of challenging the RN exam. Don't need the extra money-it comes with a price of not having a life.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
October! AARGH!
Only election crap and horror movies....
:) What? You are not overjoyed that 90% of all the commercials are ads for medicare supplemental insurance (and will continue through January), which alternate with some drug ad that is just as likely to kill you as help, alternated with some lawyer ad telling you to sue the drug company from the previous ad? :popcorn: Or was all that shit the horror movie you were talking about? :popcorn: :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:) What? You are not overjoyed that 90% of all the commercials are ads for medicare supplemental insurance (and will continue through January), which alternate with some drug ad that is just as likely to kill you as help, alternated with some lawyer ad telling you to sue the drug company from the previous ad? :popcorn: Or was all that shit the horror movie you were talking about? :popcorn: :)
The medicare commercials are pretty much the balance of the commercials.
That will continue for another couple of months until the sign up deadline.

Yeah and the lawyer commercials...

Can't even get away from the political ads on Youtube....

Prolly just watch lots of old VHS tapes and DVD's.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't forget about all the ads for hearing aids and dentures. They know the kids are watching YouTube and Netflix, and only the old pharts watch TV anymore. That must mean everyone watching TV needs hearing aids, dentures, medicare supplements, drugs, and lawyers.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember the good ol' days, when we had 3 commercials during a break. They totaled 90 to 120 seconds. Now, we get 8 to 12 commercials per break, totaling 5 to 12 minutes. If my hypothesis is correct, by the time I die, a one hour TV program will have no less than 30 minutes worth of commercials. Shortly after that, TV sets will only be used for watching stuff on the internet, with constant commercial breaks. The major cable networks are already in that market. Time Warner has recently stepped into it.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had 1 flu shot about 5 years ago. Kind of a work requirement.
Had no bad effects nor got the flu. But then the Wife Unit had no shot and did not get the flu either...

We got a ways to go on vaccinations. But light years ahead of not having them. Polio, diptheria, etc..
Rare for people growing up now to know someone who is a polio victim. Not so when I was growing up.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't seen any Medicare commercials here....but I don't watch TV either.....:vino:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had 1 flu shot about 5 years ago. Kind of a work requirement.
Had no bad effects nor got the flu. But then the Wife Unit had no shot and did not get the flu either...

We got a ways to go on vaccinations. But light years ahead of not having them. Polio, diptheria, etc..
Rare for people growing up now to know someone who is a polio victim. Not so when I was growing up.
That should be illegal to require it as a job requirement, wouldn't be so bad if they weren't full of poisons.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That should be illegal to require it as a job requirement, wouldn't be so bad if they weren't full of poisons.
Wake up, my friend. A newborn baby will not be released from the hospital without having had a dozen shots. Got a child going to school? They are "required" to be vaccinated for everything and if you don't get it done, they will turn you in to Social Services.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Not really forced just pressured a lot.

Thought I would try one.
Did not get addicted though ;)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
it doesn't make it right, free country huh.
That's the part that has always pissed me off. And the assholes can't even use logic... I don't get the shot and you do. Theoretically, I will get sick, but me allowing myself to get sick cannot affect you because you got the shot. Right? What? Are they saying that you getting the shot will NOT stop me from contaminating you? Then their fucking shot was obviously useless in the first place. So just who the hell do they think they are demanding I get this fucking shot? The government is NOT God and never will be, and I will defy the assholes right up to the day they choose to eliminate me for failure to kiss their asses.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, they still pressure me to get poisoned, and then mark down in their little books that I refused to get sick. I got enough issues without being injected with poison.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the part that has always pissed me off. And the assholes can't even use logic... I don't get the shot and you do. Theoretically, I will get sick, but me allowing myself to get sick cannot affect you because you got the shot. Right? What? Are they saying that you getting the shot will NOT stop me from contaminating you? Then their fucking shot was obviously useless in the first place. So just who the hell do they think they are demanding I get this fucking shot? The government is NOT God and never will be, and I will defy the assholes right up to the day they choose to eliminate me for failure to kiss their asses.
Thank you Rich, my feelings exactly, their fucking shot is useless

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In healthcare they can force one to take the flu shot. I'm hoping to get out of it. I'm going to play the "I have a autoimmune disease" card. Yes, I will do whatever it takes to not get the flu shot. It does squat anyways. The best defense is hand washing, covering ones mouth and sanitizing surfaces and items if someone has the flu in the house. I actually had a form of the flu this past year and no one in my household caught the virus.

I'm sure I will be exposed again working in long term/rehab this winter. No flu shot will protect the older folks. They get the shots but it never works. P.S. Last Jan was the first time in 8 years I was sick. It was a good thing though. My body didn't attack my liver and expressed it (the illness) normally.

VU Sponsors