Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn internet went capoot....finally back on...and it's about time to head to bed

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I might have actually "lifted a finger" today, so I am very very tired and probably won't last too long tonight.

It is currently 29 outside, with about 20 mph wind, so the "feels like" is 16.
Can't like those two answers....hopefully you'll feel better soon. Is the dandelion and other natural products helping any?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the dandelion and other natural products helping any?
Dandelion Root powder, Milk Thistle Seed powder, and Turmeric. Yes, I do believe I am getting some slight relief from this. I need some peppermint essential oil, which we have, but I do not have any enteric capsules to put it in (all we have are vegetable capsules). The enteric caps are strong enough that the stomach cannot dissolve it -- the peppermint oil works best when released in the small intestine rather than the stomach. So I guess I'll have to mail order that.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, peppermint and other essential oils are good or many things. I have about 12 different oils I use for different occasions. Glad to hear your progressing, instead of declining.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Occasionally I'll put a drop or two of various oils in tea, most oils stick to the glass, so I'm not really getting as much nutrients from the oils if consumed straight, but they do taste good in green tea.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Village Wise Woman (Lannie) will not let me decline. She has about 100 essential oils and knows how to use them. Medicine Men could take lessons from her.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll put a drop or two of various oils in tea
I am sure that is the manner in which she'd like me to consume this stuff, but 0.2 mL in a capsule three times a day is tasteless, but two or three cups of tea, for me, is way too nasty. I hate tea.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I suppose I could drink tea if I could drink it the way my first wife did. She was a Brit and she started with 1/2 a cup of cream, then 1/4 cup of sugar, then top it off with Earl Gray. Any flavor would work because with 3/4 of the cup being cream and sugar, you can't taste the tea anyway. This, of course, would totally defeat any medicine you might add to the cup. :crazy:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I suppose I could drink tea if I could drink it the way my first wife did. She was a Brit and she started with 1/2 a cup of cream, then 1/4 cup of sugar, then top it off with Earl Gray. Any flavor would work because with 3/4 of the cup being cream and sugar, you can't taste the tea anyway. This, of course, would totally defeat any medicine you might add to the cup. :crazy:
Yeah, I could never figure out why so many people ruin tea or coffee with milk and sugar.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I could never figure out why so many people ruin tea or coffee with milk and sugar.
Maybe they feel obligated (social or family pressure) to drink the tea or coffee, but cannot tolerate the bitterness. I know I don't like bitter drinks or foods.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Should that be the case, I think I'd just skip drinking it, ask for a jack & coke.
Which is pretty much my philosophy about it (although I don't do the booze either and choose root beer over Coke). Coke (any store-bought pop), by the way, has about 10 teaspoons of refined sugar or HFCS per 12-ounce can, which also makes it a killer. I am looking to get one of those make-it-yourself soda pop kits. I can use tap water and the same food flavorings we use for vaping and Birch Xyletol as the sweetener, so it would be a 100% safe soda pop.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Which is pretty much my philosophy about it (although I don't do the booze either and choose root beer over Coke). Coke (any store-bought pop), by the way, has about 10 teaspoons of refined sugar or HFCS per 12-ounce can, which also makes it a killer. I am looking to get one of those make-it-yourself soda pop kits. I can use tap water and the same food flavorings we use for vaping and Birch Xyletol as the sweetener, so it would be a 100% safe soda pop.
That was just an example, I don't drink the shit either, nor booze.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, Dale, I am about to fall off this chair now, so I suspect I better put my ass in bed.
Catch ya tomorrow. Noddy nod nod....o_O

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lots of rain today. Plenty of standing water in the yard. The weather guessers say we'll get down to 37° tonight, with a high of 42° tomorrow. Very strange for this part of Texas.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lots of rain today. Plenty of standing water in the yard. The weather guessers say we'll get down to 37° tonight, with a high of 42° tomorrow. Very strange for this part of Texas.
More of that global warming. It was a little chilly here today...after yesterday's rain.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
High temp today was 30. Add that to last week's snow and this is crap that does not normally occur until AFTER thanksgiving.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't empty the rain gage after last night's rain. I wonder if it overfilled. The thing only measures up to 6 inches.

Who removed the dome?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a pail near the garden, it must have rained about 4 inches this past week.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The guessers claim it will be in the 60's toward the end of the week, we'll see how that works out for you.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hope that shit doesn't stick around till spring.
The weather bozos are promising mid-40s this week, but how much can one believe that when they promised 38 today and it didn't get above 30? We typically get upper 40s and 50s until Thanksgiving, but you know that little nagging voice at the back of your head that says "I doubt it"? Well, I suspect this year plans to be weird to everyone.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The weather bozos are promising mid-40s this week, but how much can one believe that when they promised 38 today and it didn't get above 30? We typically get upper 40s and 50s until Thanksgiving, but you know that little nagging voice at the back of your head that says "I doubt it"? Well, I suspect this year plans to be weird to everyone.
I see it's supposed to be in the low 20's tonight, good Lord.... way to early for shit like that.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The guessers claim it will be in the 60's toward the end of the week, we'll see how that works out for you.
You must be looking at a different forecast than I am. Mine says the highest in the next 10 days will be mid 50s. Something called a point forecast - I put in my latitude and longitude rather than the nearest city (which is 27 miles east/downslope from us).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just guessing myself, but I'd have to think low 20's is about 10-15+/- degrees colder than normal for the middle of Oct?
"Average" low for mid-October is typically right at freezing, so yeah, about 15 degrees above where it is likely to actually be tonight.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"Average" low for mid-October is typically right at freezing, so yeah, about 15 degrees above where it is likely to actually be tonight.

Uggh...here I am thinking it's cold

239496d887d45e53578d22cf78d6facc.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like I've said in the past, sure wish I lived closer, just to help get wood stacked and other odds and ends sewn up before it really comes.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I was thinking about that, which is why I wish I could help.
Just staggered upstairs to check on some loud cat noises and glanced at the thermometer. It is already 20 degrees, so let's revise that forecast to "mid teens" tonight.

VU Sponsors