Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Asians and indians really eat the hell out of it....prolly why they live longer healthy lives (many do).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In Thailand they use what is called Finger Ginger, which is just young ginger from what I could tell by looking at it....imagine turmeric could be used in the same fashion.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They have another reason for living longer healthier lives: No McDonalds (pick a fast food joint that routinely poisons its customers as well as making them incredibly fat).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I forgot what the type-2 diabetes rate is now, but it's nothing short of a pandemic...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure of exact current stats, but I think it is something like 10% of the population has Type-2 (because you're fat) diabetes. Guesstimates are that 1/3 of our population has pre-diabetes (high blood sugar count but not yet to the redline).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, because vaping offers so many "candy flavors" to attract and hook those kids. I am honestly amazed at how many drugs are currently being marketed in candy flavors or Gummy chewables, etc., that so clearly are being directly aimed at children (convince mom to buy THIS shit instead of that other crap because it looks and tastes like gummy bears). The FDA is approving the stuff by the truckloads, yet saying we are bad (because big tobacco told them to say so).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, because vaping offers so many "candy flavors" to attract and hook those kids. I am honestly amazed at how many drugs are currently being marketed in candy flavors or Gummy chewables, etc., that so clearly are being directly aimed at children (convince mom to buy THIS shit instead of that other crap because it looks and tastes like gummy bears). The FDA is approving the stuff by the truckloads, yet saying we are bad (because big tobacco told them to say so).
That's a true story, hadn't thought about it in a while. The most corrupt people in the world are at the FDA, and many other alphabet agencies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like a sweet vape every once in a while....regardless of what it's called. They seem to think their going to stop teenagers from vaping by only allowing a few different flavors. Ain't gonna make a damn difference.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you NEVER hear about the diabetes epidemic though
Not by that name anyway, although some states are trying to pass obesity taxes (raises the cost of fast foods to fight the obesity epidemic). But if you look closer at those bills, the money typically goes into the general fund, so it will be used for politicians' pet projects and never go to fatness clinics.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not by that name anyway, although some states are trying to pass obesity taxes (raises the cost of fast foods to fight the obesity epidemic). But if you look closer at those bills, the money typically goes into the general fund, so it will be used for politicians' pet projects and never go to fatness clinics.
They can tax fast food till the cows come home. Parents are buying garbage and letting the kids have at it. All those commercials on television must be selling shit, or the manufacturer's would've gave up by now. That garbage is selling like hotcakes,

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They seem to think their going to stop teenagers from vaping by only allowing a few different flavors.
And, I suspect, it is mostly us old pharts who are vaping chocolate strawberries, butterscotch, caramel, etc. and, as long as we can buy food flavorings and DIY, they won't be able to stop us either.

BUT, now that it is almost midnight, I gotta stop typing and go to sleep. Talk at ya tomorrow amigo...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was in a convenience store the other day buying a bottle of water, they had a McDonalds in the same store....Was watching a couple fat kids wolfing down ice cream cones at 10 in the morning.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I go to a few fast food joints to meet up with a friend once a month or so. I usually order a salad. I refuse to eat at mcdonalds. That place is pure garbage and they are using more kiosk to replace workers.

I finally got the Innokin coolfire kit in. The mod is cute the zenith d22 is a piece of shit.
Edit: I'm troubleshooting the d22. I think I figured out a few things on it. It may not be a piece of shit just operator error.
Another edit: Damm! I was so wrong! It turned out that I had the wrong setting. I had the tank on a pico which the screen pixels are messed up (hard to read now). Instead of 14 it was 19. LOL I'm a dumbass. I will vape the crap out of this and see how long a coil last. I'll probably buy another one if it continues to be this good.

a

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm waiting for Rich to tell us about the hard freeze last night, which I assume wiped out anything and everything still hanging in there at the garden.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm waiting for Rich to tell us about the hard freeze last night, which I assume wiped out anything and everything still hanging in there at the garden.
That's happening here tonight according to the guessers supposed to be 30 by morning

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Dale had a good one but had to pick off any and all veggies I had still growing, it's going to be an early one here.
I hear that, might be an early one here too, been unseasonably chilly for October 15th. I have my doubts any melons will survive the next month ahead. Generally December is the coldest, but November may be the coldest too.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Feeling any better, Rich?
Well, whether real or not, I seem to have convinced myself I am better. ;) I did more physical labor today, which I am sure makes Lannie think there might actually be a light at the end of the tunnel. And I managed to eat a full normal meal without upchucking, so that is an improvement anyway.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear that, might be an early one here too, been unseasonably chilly for October 15th. I have my doubts any melons will survive the next month ahead. Generally December is the coldest, but November may be the coldest too.
I hope you don't loose your melons Dale, it sucks when we get early freeze like this

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, whether real or not, I seem to have convinced myself I am better. ;) I did more physical labor today, which I am sure makes Lannie think there might actually be a light at the end of the tunnel. And I managed to eat a full normal meal without upchucking, so that is an improvement anyway.
Better reply then last week......hope you keep progressing in the right direction.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone do anything exciting today?

Slept last night, woke, worked, ate, now I'm about ready to rise and repeat.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone do anything exciting today?
Exciting? Nope. I emptied the cow trough (bucket by bucket) and Lannie finished cleaning and refilled it while I repaired the broken manger (again). I picked up hoses and tools from the garden to put them away for the winter. Other than that, just routine chores.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exciting? Nope. I emptied the cow trough (bucket by bucket) and Lannie finished cleaning and refilled it while I repaired the broken manger (again). I picked up hoses and tools from the garden to put them away for the winter. Other than that, just routine chores.
Another words, the same ole same ole....#MeToo.....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn! Looks like I got stuck turning out the lights again...

Well, have a good sleep Dale and Jimi. Catch youse guyz tomorrow.

VU Sponsors