Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, there are three pussies lined up behind me (The Three Amigos AKA The Three Stooges AKA the Terrible Trio) all implying I need to go to bed so they can attach themselves to various portions of my anatomy to use me as pillows. They have me well trained, so I guess I should comply. BS with ya tomorrow.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Rich, how true that is, and when I was young everyone always told me "it gets better when you get older" WTF happened?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Evening Rich, how true that is, and when I was young everyone always told me "it gets better when you get older" WTF happened?

It was between 4th and 5th grade I realized all adults were lying to me about pretty much everything so I never harbored such illusions :giggle:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I seriously doubt we need the "WTF happened" answer to what those adults told us when we were kids. Take what Juicy said and add this: It is not that life gets easier as you get older, it is that as you age, you become more willing to take the steepness of the climb in stride. Don't let the mountain surprise you so much as knowing it ain't gonna get easier, so get over it and get on with it,

Many parts of me are now old and broken or worn out, but each morning I try to remember the tree that refused to die:
fallen tree.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I seriously doubt we need the "WTF happened" answer to what those adults told us when we were kids. Take what Juicy said and add this: It is not that life gets easier as you get older, it is that as you age, you become more willing to take the steepness of the climb in stride. Don't let the mountain surprise you so much as knowing it ain't gonna get easier, so get over it and get on with it,

Many parts of me are now old and broken or worn out, but each morning I try to remember the tree that refused to die:
View attachment 126892

About 20 years ago just about everything in our life was in the toilet and going wrong at the same time, a year-and-a-half of nothing but death, injury, health problems, hardship, financial difficulties and bad luck.

About half way through it I realized I'd finally grown up because I didn't panic or despair - knew we'd adjust, shit would right itself one way or another eventually. Kind of a watershed moment in my life when I realized that I'd learned to handle bad juju

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I realized I'd finally grown up because I didn't panic or despair - knew we'd adjust, shit would right itself one way or another eventually. Kind of a watershed moment in my life when I realized that I'd learned to handle bad juju
I don't suppose you really need an "atta gurl" for that realization, but at the same time, I feel like I want to say "you done good" anyway. I know way too many people who can never accept that THEY are 100% responsible for how they respond to life's problems. Hmmm, maybe another picture that I keep around to remind me:

howyouact.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
About the same, lol

Mr Juicy is fighting dental problems with an exposed tori - so I'm tiptoeing around the house a lot

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mr Juicy is fighting dental problems with an exposed tori - so I'm tiptoeing around the house a lot
I take it that is making him major cranky? I got full upper and lower plastic teeth back in 1976 and have never had a problem since. (well, never had a problem that a judicious use of my Dremel tool couldn't fix in a couple minutes) :D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I take it that is making him major cranky? I got full upper and lower plastic teeth back in 1976 and have never had a problem since. (well, never had a problem that a judicious use of my Dremel tool couldn't fix in a couple minutes) :D

It's very painful - exposed bone

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's very painful - exposed bone
Ouch! Hmmmm.... maybe he could chew on some of your body parts so that his bone was no longer exposed and... well, OK, I'm reaching for simple solutions to a complex problem, but... Sigh.
:yes: :no: ???

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have him take a spoon ful of coconut oil and let it melt in his mouth and swish it around for 15 or 20 minutes. It's a pulling oil and will pull some of the inflamation out tell him to be sure not to swallow the oil when he is done cause it will be full of toxins. It should bring him a little relief and will disinfect his wound.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Have him take a spoon ful of coconut oil and let it melt in his mouth and swish it around for 15 or 20 minutes. It's a pulling oil and will pull some of the inflamation out tell him to be sure not to swallow the oil when he is done cause it will be full of toxins. It should bring him a little relief and will disinfect his wound.

I've had him do that and use clove oil

It's helping, because he's had other ones erupt before and it was a lot worse, not that this one is a picnic, but not as bad as the past ones

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, folks, I think I need to stuff this old bod in bed and see if I can survive the pile of cats tonight. Willy looks particularly anxious for snuggles....
Catch ya tomorrow.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well Lucy looks like you have to get the lights tonight cause I am gonna crawl into a tub of hot epsom salt water So g'night my friend

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Rich, how true that is, yeah I'd say 1960 a good time in my life when water tasted cleaner, food actually had a taste, the air was much cleaner and people WERE smarter

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's why I wish I could teleport back there. Seems everything I see on TV, whether it is a movie, sitcom, or news, everyone is doing/acting/speaking stupidly. Banners on the news channels are even spelled incorrectly or the wrong words are used, and these people, once upon a time, represented the intellectual goal we all hoped to achieve. I could spell, punctuate, and use proper grammar better in 5th grade than college graduates do today. Sigh...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a shame what it's become, these younger kids will never know the world we grew up in, and it happened so fast.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's a shame what it's become, these younger kids will never know the world we grew up in, and it happened so fast.
Sadly, Jimi, they do not "know" any world. The live entirely inside the confines of video games and social media, none of which is real.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell when we were kids we were doing real things from sun up till? We lived by a good sized woods and spent most of our time there

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Home as in Scottsdale? I thought you rented a D10 and were staying in EC for awhile. Yeah, I know,,,, things change.
Need to be here for the holidays....and I can't get a dozer until the second week of Jan so I may as well work a little MORE this year.....it's been busy here, people wanting to rid themselves of money before the end of the year.....wish I had that issue

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How's things in your neck-o-da-woods....ssdd?
Been SSDD mostly, but today we had to take the Doberman to the vet (ER). 150 miles round trip with Zipper and Lannie stuffed in the back seat of an extended cab (NOT crew cab) pickup. $600 later, we found she has kidney problems and a stomach ulcer, so a great deal of that fee was for medicine and "special" food (at 10 times what it is worth), but at least the old bitch ain't dying on us, which had been a real worry for the past three days.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been SSDD mostly, but today we had to take the Doberman to the vet (ER). 150 miles round trip with Zipper and Lannie stuffed in the back seat of an extended cab (NOT crew cab) pickup. $600 later, we found she has kidney problems and a stomach ulcer, so a great deal of that fee was for medicine and "special" food (at 10 times what it is worth), but at least the old bitch ain't dying on us, which had been a real worry for the past three days.
I hear that...I like dogs more than most people.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Should have a really nice water bill this month...was sitting at the back patio this evening, the lawn sprinklers went off, I see water squirting 75 feet in the air....sprinkler head was blown off.....it's one thing after another.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Should have a really nice water bill this month...was sitting at the back patio this evening, the lawn sprinklers went off, I see water squirting 75 feet in the air....sprinkler head was blown off.....it's one thing after another.
You should try living here. One or more of those "family members" will break something every day. Yup, it definitely is "one thing after another." o_O

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This woman is 58 years old.

1.jpg

She is TV health guru Gillian McKeith, advocating a holistic approach to nutrition and health, and promoting exercise, a vegetarian diet which is high in organic fruits and vegetables. She recommends detox diets, colonic irrigation, and supplements.

This woman is also 58.

2.jpg

She is Nigella Lawson, a TV cook, who eats meat, butter, chocolate and desserts and, she washes it all down with wine!

I THINK I AM TAKING UP DRINKING AND EATING!
3.gif
CHEERS AND A GLASS OF MULLED WINE AND A WARM MINCE PIE.

VU Sponsors