Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had a fun time on the bobsled run aka wheelchair ramp. wet ice!
6 ºF at the moment and still snowing. In the last 30 hours, we have accumulated at least 18" (was supposed to be 5-7" max - HA!). If I had a wheelchair ramp, I wouldn't be able to find it. :) Took a long time just to get out to the barns this morning. It's a damn sure thing bob won't start today.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, as of 4 PM, the weather channel stopped our snowfall and said there would be no more snow today (or even any until this coming Thursday). Funny thing though, the snow did not stop falling here when they said it had already stopped. I guess they can't look out the window in South Dakota when they are reporting from Atlanta GA. It is now 8:30 PM, the snow still has not stopped, it is 1 ºF, the accumulation in just under two days is 20-22" and one drift out back in the dog yard is about a foot over the top of a five-foot fence. Luckily, the snow is still powder because if it had a hard crust, my dogs could just walk over that and out. I'd fix it, but Bob(cat) still won't start (and, hey, it is dark outside now). ;) Sigh...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i hope mine turn out better than yours did Rich, didn't you say yours weren't right?
Well, they both have some problems now. A few years back, I had my retina in the right eye tear away, so they fixed it. Then it came loose again, so they fixed it again. That left me with scarring in the center (and, therefore, a blind spot). The usual then occurred after retinal surgery and I got a cataract in that eye, so they took out my fogged lens and put in a new fake lens, but I suspect they used the wrong one because my vision was then 20/200 and the glasses could only correct it to 20/80, so, legally (at least in South Dakota), I am blind in my right eye. But I didn't sweat that too much because my left eye was 20/20 (so I now have to use the wrong eye to sight my guns). But a few weeks back, my left eye got foggy (not a cataract, thank gawd) and it was worse than the bad eye, so I was bumping into things a bit and it was real hard to focus between the keyboard and the screen for being on here. I went through my pile of old glasses (I never throw them away after I get my yearly upgrade) and found something that helped. Right at the moment, the left eye is functioning normally, but gawd only knows what it will be like tomorrow.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Should we contact Lost Wages area hospitals and/or police stations? Even if he flew off to Ecuador without saying so, he hasn't been out of contact this long before.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Should we contact Lost Wages area hospitals and/or police stations? Even if he flew off to Ecuador without saying so, he hasn't been out of contact this long before.

Ask MannyScoot before doing something that drastic

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree, I was wondering where he was and had thought maybe all of you knew. You're right Rich, this is not like him.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I talked to Dale, he had to go to Ecuador to plant cocoa trees
He should know that he has to get our permission to leave the country
Reality is, to date, I don't think he has gone away like this without telling us he planned to leave, which is why we were all worried he might've gotten his ass mugged in LostWages and was lying in a hospital bed. In any case, I am extremely happy to know he is all right.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wet snow or powder? :rolleyes: Well, one is a 10:1 conversion ratio and the other is 12:1. So, approximately, you're telling us you got 3" of rain.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wet snow or powder? :rolleyes: Well, one is a 10:1 conversion ratio and the other is 12:1. So, approximately, you're telling us you got 3" of rain.
Yep it is an approximation.
Supposed to get a days break and then another 2-3 inches of rain for Fri-Sat.

And a lot of wind so some uprooted trees. And soggy rotten wood blowing down.

But I will take it anytime vs the extreme cold and snow that you get.

Dale planting nanners? Guess we will have to call him Dole?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will take it anytime vs the extreme cold and snow that you get.
They both have their drawbacks. Lots of rain makes for lots of deep sticky mud. We got about 2-feet of powder snow over two days and then a fucking miracle occurred: I got the bobcat started at only 5 ºF (must be the new can of ether - starting fluid). And then today, got it started again, even though it was 15 ºF (our high today was 20) and between the two days, I rode around in sub-freezing temps pushing snow for six hours (no enclosed or heated cab) and while I couldn't feel my fingers or toes at the end of each session, hundreds of tons of snow got moved into huge piles all around the yards and driveway and we can actually move around without feeling like we're climbing Everest just to get to the barns or take the dogs out to potty. Ah, but Spring will be here in a few weeks and all that snow will melt and the mud will be several inches deep and... there is always something to bitch about. ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just heard Flagstaff may get a few feet of snow tonight tomorrow and Friday.....supposed to rain like hell here in duh valley (of the rain). The usually grey mountains look like a freaking golf course now, from the past storms....altho a tricky course, with a lot of rock bunkers....:devil:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They both have their drawbacks. Lots of rain makes for lots of deep sticky mud. We got about 2-feet of powder snow over two days and then a fucking miracle occurred: I got the bobcat started at only 5 ºF (must be the new can of ether - starting fluid). And then today, got it started again, even though it was 15 ºF (our high today was 20) and between the two days, I rode around in sub-freezing temps pushing snow for six hours (no enclosed or heated cab) and while I couldn't feel my fingers or toes at the end of each session, hundreds of tons of snow got moved into huge piles all around the yards and driveway and we can actually move around without feeling like we're climbing Everest just to get to the barns or take the dogs out to potty. Ah, but Spring will be here in a few weeks and all that snow will melt and the mud will be several inches deep and... there is always something to bitch about. ;)
Haven't looked Rich....still cold as shit there?

VU Sponsors