Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is true. The slower the melt, the more likely the neighbor's snow-water will be absorbed by his own pasture instead of rushing through the culvert into our pastures.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening Rich, Bob....hope you had a great day. Just returned from dinner at my mother's house, after working all day.

Was decent here today, in the 70's with blue skies.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really can understand that, Dale. If I didn't have Lannie to keep me in line, I'd probably be eating those deadly Cheeri-Os for breakfast and popcorn for dinner. And a case of CocaCola to wash it all down with.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All the snow melt, Rich?

Garden all planted, almost ready to bloom?

Guess I'm just wishing.......:sad:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All the snow melt, Rich?
Garden all planted, almost ready to bloom?.
No, not all snow is gone, but it is disappearing quicker than expected. It rained a bit this morning, then got up to 59 without sunshine, and tonight we are having thunderstorms with fairly heavy rain, so all that will help that white shit go away (and just make the mud deeper).
HOLY SHIT....70?
Somehow I doubt that will happen so quickly... but I have been known to be wrong on occasion. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, not all snow is gone, but it is disappearing quicker than expected. It rained a bit this morning, then got up to 59 without sunshine, and tonight we are having thunderstorms with fairly heavy rain, so all that will help that white shit go away (and just make the mud deeper).

Somehow I doubt that will happen so quickly... but I have been known to be wrong on occasion. :)
Oh I bet it's muddy around the farm....really muddy.....:cry:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All the wind you have prolly helps dry things out quicker than other parts of the country too.......

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh I bet it's muddy around the farm....really muddy.....:cry:
Yup. I put hay in a plastic sled to drag out to feed the horse and cows and every step is at least ankle deep in mud, which is very taxing. Lannie has gotten herself stuck several times.
A few sunny days in the 70's would make a huge improvement.
Yup.
All the wind you have prolly helps dry things out quicker than other parts of the country too.......
Yup, and there are so few days in the year without wind that you (seriously) can count them on your fingers without toes. o_O

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Besides working today (as usual), I bottled up 3-gallons of blackberry kombucha and clove kombucha......delicious "stuff".... :bliss:

The blackberry may have some alcohol in it, I let it ferment a tad to long.......:bomb:......:vino:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nothing intentional, shit happens......:huh:......:)
Yeah, it does, but sometimes it is a good thing. Many many years ago (in a galaxy far far away), I had pressed some apples for juice and stored the bottles on a shelf in the garage and "forgot" them. When I found them again, the "hard cider" packed a real punch. Maybe one day I should try that again... ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it does, but sometimes it is a good thing. Many many years ago (in a galaxy far far away), I had pressed some apples for juice and stored the bottles on a shelf in the garage and "forgot" them. When I found them again, the "hard cider" packed a real punch. Maybe one day I should try that again... ;)
That was some tasty stuff......:vino:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did the remainder of that white shit leave your property today?
The thunderstorms last night got nasty -- continuous flash and boom right over the house -- and the rain was very heavy. ALL the white shit we got last week is now melted away, but still resides here in the form of a lake in the pastures and deeper mud in the corrals. The drifts that were in the west tree rows are still there, but instead of being 8 feet deep, they are only about 4 feet now. Maybe in another week, they will be gone too.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hope it dries up quick. That damn mud is just nasty.
Got that shit right. One or more cows managed to knock down about 20 feet of cross fence today (a previous temporary repair until the snow was gone) and get what remains of the gate opened, so everyone was on the wrong side. You should have seen Lannie and I dancing in that fucking mud trying to get them all back where they belong. The added stress of that mud made tempers flair and I am afraid we both took it out on the cows...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got that shit right. One or more cows managed to knock down about 20 feet of cross fence today (a previous temporary repair until the snow was gone) and get what remains of the gate opened, so everyone was on the wrong side. You should have seen Lannie and I dancing in that fucking mud trying to get them all back where they belong. The added stress of that mud made tempers flair and I am afraid we both took it out on the cows...
Imagine that would be a nightmare. Never ends.

VU Sponsors