Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
life is much better when the weather is in your favor
I am hoping tomorrow is sunny and relatively warm because Lannie and I plan to get that gawd-damn cross fence totally mended tomorrow. I don't know if we can fix the gate or run the hot wire tomorrow, but I think we can reset all the barbed wire strands... IF the mo-fo weather cooperates.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am hoping tomorrow is sunny and relatively warm because Lannie and I plan to get that gawd-damn cross fence totally mended tomorrow. I don't know if we can fix the gate or run the hot wire tomorrow, but I think we can reset all the barbed wire strands... IF the mo-fo weather cooperates.
That would certainly be a great spring accomplishment to be done with.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you checked around for an engine?....or say fuck it for awhile?
The latter. There are too many other things with higher priority at the moment. It would be nice to have a functional Bobcat, but the snow is done and I won't have to move all those piles of cow shit for a couple months, so instead of fretting and chewing my lip in frustration over having to spend $3000 we don't have, I am going to fix the things I can and worry about Bob later.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The latter. There are too many other things with higher priority at the moment. It would be nice to have a functional Bobcat, but the snow is done and I won;t have to move all those piles of cow shit for a couple months, so instead of fretting and chewing my lip in frustration over having to spend $3000 we don't have, I am going to fix the things I can and worry about Bob later.
That's exactly what i would do.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup. And there are a lot of other things that broke over the winter that need to be repaired too.
I remember helping an old farmer when I was a kid, he had a list a mile long of shit that needed to be done in the spring - mending fences was the top priority to keep what he had safe.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The oldtimer I would help had a huge problem with idiots cutting his fences for snowmobile trails, just fuck up shit like no tomorrow without any regard, really incredible.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The oldtimer I would help had a huge problem with idiots cutting his fences for snowmobile trails, just fuck up shit like no tomorrow without any regard, really incredible.
Cut my fences to drive your snowmobile across my land and your engine will suffer a .45-70 hole in it. Try to harm my animals and that bullet might hit the driver instead. I'm sorry officer, but he looked like a coyote to me and he was chasing my livestock.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just saw this shit with Jai Haze loosing his youngest daughter to suicide. Don't like his style, but no parent should have to go through that shit.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just saw this shit with Jai Haze loosing his youngest daughter to suicide. Don't like his style, but no parent should have to go through that shit.
I didn't read that, but it certainly would be a parents worst nightmare.

Edit: no matter who they are

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Holy shit, Rich....tell me it's not true......:teehee:

View attachment 136405
Well, I am hoping it is true. They really blew it on the wind today. I did not even start to fix that cross-fence because there was a little rain and a whole lot of wind. I hope we get the sunny and 70 degrees they are claiming for tomorrow, so maybe it will be easier to mend fences. Lannie also wants me to take down the storm windows and put up the screens because she's already too warm. Oh well...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I did.
Keep some (sublingual) IODINE around (I take a few drops everyday) If one feels a cold or flu coming on, the iodine will eliminate it usually within 24hrs by high-dosing....say 10 drops under the tongue in one day, then five drops a day after the first onslaught.

Been doing this for a few years now, haven't had a single anything since I started using iodine.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep some (sublingual) IODINE around (I take a few drops everyday) If one feels a cold or flu coming on, the iodine will eliminate it usually within 24hrs by high-dosing....say 10 drops under the tongue in one day, then five drops a day after the first onslaught.

Been doing this for a few years now, haven't had a single anything since I started using iodine.
Never heard of that before. I know the iodine my grandmother used to put on a scraped knee but though that stuff went away.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am hoping it is true. They really blew it on the wind today. I did not even start to fix that cross-fence because there was a little rain and a whole lot of wind. I hope we get the sunny and 70 degrees they are claiming for tomorrow, so maybe it will be easier to mend fences. Lannie also wants me to take down the storm windows and put up the screens because she's already too warm. Oh well...
Sounds like things are beginning to look UP, instead of DOWN....!

Bout-time

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never heard of that before. I know the iodine my grandmother used to put on a scraped knee but though that stuff went away.
Iodine is a natural antibiotic, unlike big pharma poison....and works better than any antibiotic. Most people are deficient in iodine in the first place, which allows diseases to occur, when they can be prevented before they occur using iodine.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Iodine is a natural antibiotic, unlike big pharma poison....and works better than any antibiotic. Most people are deficient in iodine in the first place, which allows diseases to occur, when they can be prevented before they occur using iodine.
Thanks I'll look into it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you know someone with thyroid problems....Iodine and Selenium....cures thyroid issues....fuck big pharma "pills" which simply mask the problem and does nothing for the solution.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you know someone with thyroid problems....Iodine and Selenium....cures thyroid issues....fuck big pharma "pills" which simply mask the problem and does nothing for the solution.
Big Pharma can suck my ass. Being diabetic I know all about being fucked in the ass by big pharma.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry to bail out so early but this old fossil needs to crawl in the sack. You guys have fun and I'll try again tomorrow night.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Big Pharma can suck my ass. Being diabetic I know all about being fucked in the ass by big pharma.
I was too at one time, if you want to stop being a diabetic let me know....it takes a lifestyle change, but you won't need insulin any longer...providing your type-II

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
NOTICE OF MIRACLE​

Two weeks ago -- before the blizzard -- baby Ewok disappeared. Ewok was a black long-haired kitten, last seen playing in the dog yard. She lived in the garage with the other ferals, but she and her sister, IttyBitty (short-haired silver tabby), both liked me to pet them and snuggle them, so they were almost domesticated, but still lived outside. As predators, we have eagles, hawks, owls, foxes, coyotes, and the occasional skunk, racoon, etc. Because Ewok simply vanished, at first we thought maybe she wandered off and got herself eaten by one of those predators, but we hoped and we hoped that she might show up again. Then the blizzard hit us and we knew that Ewok was gone forever. Now, except for the really big drifts that were here before the blizzard, all that snow has melted. Lannie found Ewok in the garage this morning. Other than the fact that she has lost some weight, she is not in bad condition (e.g., no extremely matted fur, no nasty dirt, no blood, etc.). The best I can figure is that she was under a cedar tree when the snow trapped her and she had a large enough oxygen pocket to keep breathing.... but two weeks without food or water? I do not know how this little person survived, but she was very happy to see us this morning, get some food and lots of lovin'. Ewok has returned.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
about 45 deg and rainy all day. Was 70 last night at midnight.
The storm has changed direction in the last couple of hours.
Was coming from the SW moving NE now is coming from the SE and swirling over us. And the radar has lots of reds and yellows...
Might snow some in the morning with highs tomorrow in the mid 40's.

In KY if you do not like the weather just wait a bit and it will change. esp in the spring and fall.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
About 98F today, not looking forward to this shit again........

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The forecast for today said clear, sunny, and 73, so when we went out for morning chores, I was sure they lied because it was overcast and miserable looking. By the time we got back to the house, the sky turned blue and our high for the day was 78.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The forecast for today said clear, sunny, and 73, so when we went out for morning chores, I was sure they lied because it was overcast and miserable looking. By the time we got back to the house, the sky turned blue and our high for the day was 78.
Unreal....probably back down to 40 tomorrow......:tantrum:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I turned the lawn sprinklers on a couple weeks ago to get the summer grass started.....I look out the backyard this morning and see a plant about a foot high....go investigate...it's a tomato plant....took a shovel and planted it in the garden. Must have grown from the veggie scraps I toss to the quail.

VU Sponsors