Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice day here. Got up to mid 70's and pretty sunny with a nice breeze.
had to go mow the Wife units friends place today, then mowed mine, weeded a flower bed and gave the weiner dog a bath...

Had a pretty good thunderstorm about dark thirty.

Off to bed now I think.
I knew you actually liked the weiner dog.....:)

I like the damn things, smart dogs...my mother has had weiner dogs since I can remember....55+ years

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
summer will be over with before it arrives
10-4.
Forecast said it would be clear and sunny this morning, but breezy until noon. My plan was to get up on the roof and goop the cracks after the wind died. Reality was low overcast all damn day and the 20-30 mph "breeze" didn't stop until sunset. Clouds were so dark, I thought the rain would start any minute, though it held off. Needless to say, I did NOT get on the roof today. They say it will rain for the next five days (for a total of 3 inches), so that chore is on hold for a week,

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
10-4.
Forecast said it would be clear and sunny this morning, but breezy until noon. My plan was to get up on the roof and goop the cracks after the wind died. Reality was low overcast all damn day and the 20-30 mph "breeze" didn't stop until sunset. Clouds were so dark, I thought the rain would start any minute, though it held off. Needless to say, I did NOT get on the roof today. They say it will rain for the next five days (for a total of 3 inches), so that chore is on hold for a week,
Unreal...I seen snow in the guess again too.....:oops:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
do you have a tractor you could attach a snow blower to?

No. The bobcat is dead and even that did not have a PTO. I actually do own a very spendy snow blower (walk behind), but it has never managed to blow anything heavier than powder and now one of the powered wheels is broken and it wants to go in circles. I really should put that on my "to do" list to try to fix it this summer,

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, folks, my ancient ass is dragging and wants me to crawl in the sack, so I'm gonna bail on y'all now,

Nitey nite....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was in the upper 70's low 80's today with sunshine..feels like November, incredible.....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
High today was 46 °F with very low overcast (some cumulo-fractus only about 300 ft above ground) and light rain all day. In the middle of all that was a fairly nasty thunderstorm with very heavy rain leaving standing water in places I have never seen water before and more roof leaks than we had buckets to catch it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
High today was 46 °F with very low overcast (some cumulo-fractus only about 300 ft above ground) and light rain all day. In the middle of all that was a fairly nasty thunderstorm with very heavy rain leaving standing water in places I have never seen water before and more roof leaks than we had buckets to catch it.
That's not good....prolly damn glad the garden isn't planted, may not survive this shit.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, and it looks like a whole 'nother week of this shit. Somebody remind me... when is the good weather supposed to be here? o_O

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, and it looks like a whole 'nother week of this shit. Somebody remind me... when is the good weather supposed to be here? o_O
June????

I know that's a little late in the year, but with the global cooling to deal with, guess that's the gig for the next couple years.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was barely 60 degrees when I headed toward Tucson this morning.....couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the thermometer....that has to be about 15-20 degrees below normal.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looked at last years electric bill for April...was almost $200 bucks, just got last months today, was $90 bucks. Haven't used the cooling but a half dozen times since christmas.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the heat on and my bill is outrageous. I think I'm gonna go crawl under the covers to get warm. Probably have to wear a parka to do morning chores tomorrow. Damn, I am tired of this shit,

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish I could afford it. Maybe I can dream of winning the lottery......... (what ticket?)

Seriously, I have to put this tired old ass to bed now. I'll yak at ya more tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe Rich and me are getting the global cooling, mine is just a few degrees above his weather.....:oops:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope your not putting cold steel in your mouth.....:oops:

upload_2019-5-18_22-17-20.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
MAY 18th, 11:00 PM. Low overcast all day with non-stop rain and wind 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph. High temperature was 41 ºF but right at the moment, it is 33 ºF, which makes the current wind chill be 17 ºF. So, at the moment, I am NOT loving this "global cooling" but wishing the stupid fucks who believe in global warming were at least a little closer to being right.

The forecast for tonight has changed at least three times today. This morning, they said we'd get 1" of snow tonight, then about noon they decided we would get 1-3", but at the moment, they say "less than 1" accumulation." They can't make up their minds because the dumb asses do not have a clue what is actually going on out there. When you leave everything to the computer, sooner or later you get Skynet.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never liked a steel drip tip....I bought a shitload of wood tips from Jasen at the other place when he was in business.
I put em all in a zip lock bag and put in with nuts and bolts. Might use as spacers someday.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MAY 18th, 11:00 PM. Low overcast all day with non-stop rain and wind 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph. High temperature was 41 ºF but right at the moment, it is 33 ºF, which makes the current wind chill be 17 ºF. So, at the moment, I am NOT loving this "global cooling" but wishing the stupid fucks who believe in global warming were at least a little closer to being right.

The forecast for tonight has changed at least three times today. This morning, they said we'd get 1" of snow tonight, then about noon they decided we would get 1-3", but at the moment, they say "less than 1" accumulation." They can't make up their minds because the dumb asses do not have a clue what is actually going on out there. When you leave everything to the computer, sooner or later you get Skynet.
JC, it's to cold to even grow onions....unbelievable.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Rich....do farmers in your area plant Corn?

If so, you'd think they would be about ready to stuff the seeds in the ground by now...or last week, weather (not) permitting of course.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
..do farmers in your area plant Corn?
No. They do that on the east side of the state. This side is primarily wheat and some guys do sunflowers. Oh, I imagine there might be a couple corny folks, but none I know of. If it doesn't warm up here damn quick, I do not know if we can plant anything.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No. They do that on the east side of the state. This side is primarily wheat and some guys do sunflowers. Oh, I imagine there might be a couple corny folks, but none I know of. If it doesn't warm up here damn quick, I do not know if we can plant anything.
True, it's getting WAY past the point of being funny.....it's NUTS....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Talked to the GF tonight in EC, it's been colder and wetter than normal the last few weeks. The mangos should have been ready to pick weeks ago, still haven't even matured, let alone rippen.

VU Sponsors