Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Another interesting weather forecast... it rained this morning but that wasn't in the forecast. A thunderstorm this afternoon, but it is hard to say that wasn't in the forecast... it is either the one that was supposed to happen yesterday, meaning it was 24 hours late, or it is the one that isn't supposed to be here until tomorrow, in which case it is 24 hours early. Either way, they fucked up... again. There is a rockin' and rollin' boomer going on out there right now with some rain. I don't know where this one fits in with their NON-forecast.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think we were only 86 °F today, but with 78% RH, so the "feels like" was 99 °F, but my body said it was closer to 120 °F... I went out to cut off some annoying limbs (the ones you always hit your head on) and after 10 minutes, there was so much sweat running down my face that I could not see what I was doing. Because I had to take a couple "dry off my body" breaks, it took too long to do (to be continued another day) and then the first thunderstorm started, Anyway, here's some pix of the dog yard:

Everything you see on the ground is what I cut today.
100_1441.jpg

Note on the pic below, on the left, there is a bare patch. That's one of those flat ant nests.
100_1442.jpg

Likewise, on this one, the bare patch up front is another ant nest. The rough part in the center is about 2 feet across and that is all the entry-exit ports. The whole of the nest is about 7 feet across, but very smooth with no holes. That is the part where they have underground tunnels and chambers that have killed the grass roots.
100_1443.jpg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cute, but I never even think about whether what I did was more or less than someone else... I just do what I do until I don't have the poop to do more, then I do more tomorrow. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just woke up and this damn computer wouldn't let me on here (SERVER NOT FOUND), so I was gonna go back to sleep. I worked too hard and everything hurts. And yes, it rained again. Right at the moment, we're having severe thunderstorms with a tornado warning (until 1 AM) and misc other bullshit. Sigh...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ridge Properties LLC DBA Pain Relief Naturally Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of PRE-TAT , Superior Pain and Itch Relief, and Soothing Sore Relief Cream and Gel Products Due to Microbiological Contamination and Superpotency

August 8, 2019 -- Ridge Properties LLC DBA Pain Relief Naturally is voluntarily recalling 4 lots of 4% lidocaine topical cream & liquid gel products sold at the consumer level. FDA analysis has found these products to have microbiological contamination and the potency is higher than the labeled amount for lidocaine.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Weird weather again... all those thunder bumpers last night might have given us only a couple tenths of an inch, but at 3 AM this morning, all hell broke loose (FLASH, BOOM, GOOSH) and we probably got over an inch of rain (puddles everywhere), but by 8 AM the sky was crystal clear. Got a few fair weather cumulus (little puffies) the rest of the day.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get anything accomplished today?
Yes, but not not terms of "work." Lannie has had a nasty toothache for a couple weeks and has just been putting up with it because she was hoping it was gonna fall out soon (well, it was loose), but it finally just got to be too much. She wanted to go to the dentist and have it pulled last week, but the bastards were closed due to Sturgis Bike Week (they are downtown and a million motorcycles would have made it very difficult to get in and out of their business). They reopened today, so I took her there on an "emergency" basis and they yanked it out, then we went to get her some antibiotics (yes, it was infected) and stopped in at Subway for some quick dinner stuff. That pretty much took the whole day, but she seems to be feeling better now, so the time and a huge chunk of money was well worth it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, but not not terms of "work." Lannie has had a nasty toothache for a couple weeks and has just been putting up with it because she was hoping it was gonna fall out soon (well, it was loose), but it finally just got to be too much. She wanted to go to the dentist and have it pulled last week, but the bastards were closed due to Sturgis Bike Week (they are downtown and a million motorcycles would have made it very difficult to get in and out of their business). They reopened today, so I took her there on an "emergency" basis and they yanked it out, then we went to get her some antibiotics (yes, it was infected) and stopped in at Subway for some quick dinner stuff. That pretty much took the whole day, but she seems to be feeling better now, so the time and a huge chunk of money was well worth it.
Indeed, it's a large chunk of money for what they do, what's it take 5 minutes? I believe they charged me $300 the last time they pulled a wisdom tooth, and it took him less than 5 minutes, but he shot the shit for 15 minutes to get that fee jacked I assume, or not feel like an all out thief.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The last time I had teeth pulled (1977?) they did all 28 for the price they did just one for Lannie today, but today they pay HUGE insurance fees because we have become a sue-happy society, which we didn't do back then. Today, if a doctor looks at you wrong, they get sued. It doesn't cost them any more today to do the work, but it costs them a fortune in insurance fees, and as we both know, that cost falls on the patient.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The last time I had teeth pulled (1977?) they did all 28 for the price they did just one for Lannie today, but today they pay HUGE insurance fees because we have become a sue-happy society, which we didn't do back then. Today, if a doctor looks at you wrong, they get sued. It doesn't cost them any more today to do the work, but it costs them a fortune in insurance fees, and as we both know, that cost falls on the patient.
True, sad world we live in.

Well i need to rise at 5:30 in the morning, have a good one....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
couple more weeks and it will be frosty in your neighborhood.
High today was 67 and the low tonight is to be 50 (your version says 49). Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the middle of August, supposedly our hottest month? The windows are closed tonight, but the fans are still running for circulation.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FDA Review Finds No Increased Risk of Prostate Cancer with Parkinson's Disease Medicines Containing Entacapone (Comtan, Stalevo)

August 13, 2019 -- A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) review of additional data found no increased risk of prostate cancer with the use of entacapone to treat Parkinson's disease. We conducted this review after an earlier trial suggested this possible risk. As a result, our recommendations for using Comtan (entacapone) and Stalevo (a combination of entacapone, carbidopa, and levodopa) will remain the same in the prescribing information.

Yeah, right...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
High today was 67 and the low tonight is to be 50 (your version says 49). Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the middle of August, supposedly our hottest month? The windows are closed tonight, but the fans are still running for circulation.
Hahahaha....like I told you, winters coming early this year.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FDA Review Finds No Increased Risk of Prostate Cancer with Parkinson's Disease Medicines Containing Entacapone (Comtan, Stalevo)

August 13, 2019 -- A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) review of additional data found no increased risk of prostate cancer with the use of entacapone to treat Parkinson's disease. We conducted this review after an earlier trial suggested this possible risk. As a result, our recommendations for using Comtan (entacapone) and Stalevo (a combination of entacapone, carbidopa, and levodopa) will remain the same in the prescribing information.

Yeah, right...
Fucking criminals....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bob won't help this disabled old fart cut firewood. Of the hundreds of limbs I moved out of the dog yard today, only about10 were big enough to burn, yet still not big enough to last more than one day.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm gonna start right here. I have a lot of broken trees due to past storms. But that's not enough, so I am gonna offer a neighbor to hire his sons to help me harvest some of the trees on his place. I can no longer trust this body to go out in a remote area and do it alone.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a winner....well I have to get out of here...another 5:30 tomorrow morning....done at 9:30 AM----:teehee:

Beating the hell out of the heat.........:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have always been a giver instead of a taker. Besides, the energy I pump into these babies is cosmic. It flows through me because I know how to access it when others need it (people too). The babies do not know how to do this, so it is up to me to help where I can.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have always been a giver instead of a taker. Besides, the energy I pump into these babies is cosmic. It flows through me because I know how to access it when others need it (people too). The babies do not know how to do this, so it is up to me to help where I can.
Right on brother Rich...!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Let me guess, rain today?
Nope. A whole line of HUGE thunderstorms went by us just a few miles to the south and we got some of the downrush wind, but the rain missed us. It was pretty awesome to see the thunderstorms so clearly, yet not be nailed by them.

I used the Cub to drag several large pine limbs out of the dog yard, then mowed about a zillion acres (at least it felt like that much). ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. A whole line of HUGE thunderstorms went by us just a few miles to the south and we got some of the downrush wind, but the rain missed us. It was pretty awesome to see the thunderstorms so clearly, yet not be nailed by them.

I used the Cub to drag several large pine limbs out of the dog yard, then mowed about a zillion acres (at least it felt like that much). ;)
I was wondering what you planned on doing with all the trimmings after seeing the piles.....:)

I would of prolly burnt them on the spot.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The hundreds of little ones will get burned in a brush pile (safely away from buildings and trees) and the larger ones will get cut for firewood (large sections anyway and the smaller cutoffs from those also go to the brush pile). Gotta use whatever I can... o_O

VU Sponsors