Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have a metal detector?
I had one in 1978/9... all I ever found was bottle caps on the beach.
Yeah, that is fucked, damn he's had it since what...first of June - when you had that last blizzard?
Yup. Cleaning up after the last heavy snowfall is when the engine blew and about a month later (first week in June) is when I got it into Iron Horse.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, don't buy the cheap K-mart type. Get one with good ground penetration and one that identifies the metal type. Those are a few hundred bucks.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, don't buy the cheap K-mart type. Get one with good ground penetration and one that identifies the metal type. Those are a few hundred bucks.
The couple I was looking at cost about 650-850 (waterproof)...with handle held point detector included

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do not know this brand name, but do you get everything in that picture for $650 and will it find what you are looking for?

How about this version for a lot less? And brand new...
https://www.metaldetector.com/garrett-ace-300-metal-detector?msclkid=b034780d5cdb14d5144325a6b14b15ff&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=_PLA_Bing_1_Products&utm_term=1100506264004&utm_content=Garrett - Products
Going to get the AT Max version, my friend said there is a big difference in the various machines...but I haven't had time to look today.....:sad:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's happening Rich?....weather treating you well?....I have the doors open for the first time in about 5 months

Ruff start to the day, the idiot I was working for this morning couldn't find the key to the building we were at.....about 11:00 he found a key

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
weather treating you well?
I think we got up to 59 and no rain. All the little remaining snow splotches have finally gone away. The wind today wasn't high enough to make the wind chill go down to freezing, but it sure felt very cold in the wind. Too cold to leave our doors open. :)

So the jerk off who couldn't get you into the building pay extra to make you sit around doing nothing?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think we got up to 59 and no rain. All the little remaining snow splotches have finally gone away. The wind today wasn't high enough to make the wind chill go down to freezing, but it sure felt very cold in the wind. Too cold to leave our doors open. :)

So the jerk off who couldn't get you into the building pay extra to make you sit around doing nothing?
Wind wind and more wind.

No, I didn't charge the guy more, it was the used building salesman's fault

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Says you have a 100% chance of rain tomorrow, what would that mean in layman terms?......:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That means maybe my hay guy will show up Monday or Tuesday (if the rain stops). If it doesn't rain tomorrow, he has to harvest his corn fields, so we won't get our hay for another week and our critters are pretty hungry (they ate everything they had already). [rain will prevent the corn harvest until it dries out] So, for a change, I am hoping that rain DOES happen tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol....but deep inside, we know you don't want rain.......:D

I was stunned how nice it was today, low 80's I believe....feels like the upper 60's now with the front and rear doors open and a breeze through the luv-shaq

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
deep inside, we know you don't want rain...
Got that shit right. The older I get, the more I hate weather (by its strictest definition, "weather" is defined as some sort of precipitation). Rain and snow and hail all suck big time. I have always disliked wind, but now I absolutely hate it. I think I am really becoming a cranky old bastard. Sigh...

a breeze through the luv-shaq
So, is Eli still there, or has she gone home yet? Did she get all the paperwork done?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got that shit right. The older I get, the more I hate weather (by its strictest definition, "weather" is defined as some sort of precipitation). Rain and snow and hail all suck big time. I have always disliked wind, but now I absolutely hate it. I think I am really becoming a cranky old bastard. Sigh...

So, is Eli still there, or has she gone home yet? Did she get all the paperwork done?
Have the paperwork done, but don't have the ability to import-export yet.....LOT of politics involved....I'm now a firm believer every gov related agency is corrupt.

Shes heading back next week, her father is having heart problems again

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm now a firm believer every gov related agency is corrupt.
You have heard, I am sure, "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely." Any agency that has any form of power over people intends to retain that power and make you do things their way. The primary corrupt ones are 1) governments 2) religions, 3) large corporations 4) unions

her father is having heart problems again
So sorry to hear that. I will put him in my energy distribution pattern. I cannot fix him, but perhaps can give some relief.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you ever get around to plastering the roof with sealant?
Yes. I bought brand new goop (flexible this time), but it did not entirely seal the problem -- though I have no idea why not -- I put a lot of that shit on it. After the rain tomorrow, I will try to overcome my fear and climb back up there again. This time, Tiffany will have to stay in the house --- have you ever known a cat who would climb a 20-foot ladder just to supervise an old man? She is only the second cat in my lifetime who has done this to me.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes. I bought brand new goop (flexible this time), but it did not entirely seal the problem -- though I have no idea why not -- I put a lot of that shit on it. After the rain tomorrow, I will try to overcome my fear and climb back up there again. This time, Tiffany will have to stay in the house --- have you ever known a cat who would climb a 20-foot ladder just to supervise an old man? She is only the second cat in my lifetime who has done this to me.
Never seen a cat climb a ladder....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never seen a cat climb a ladder....:)
Our cats, because of the way we treat them -- AS family members -- react to us in a far more human manner than most of the humans I know. Back in Redmond, Orygun, I had a cat named Kato who would follow me around every time I went outside and if he determined I was doing something that might hurt me, he tried to stop me from doing it. He climbed a ladder and told me to come down right fucking now. Once I was safely back in the house, he paid more attention to Lannie because he knew I was OK inside. Now Tiffany is doing the same thing. Maybe there is such a thing as reincarnation........

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Define BLIZZARD: A snowstorm with winds blowing at a minimum speed of 35 miles per hour and visibility of less than one-quarter mile for three hours.

The only part of this definition that does not apply is the duration: the wind speed was over 40 mph (I'd say gusts to 50), it was snowing and blowing and the visibility was less than 1/4 mile, but the visibility was only that low for a couple hours. However you look at it, our world is now white again.

Last night, the forecast said we would have 100% chance of rain this evening. This morning, they changed that to 60% in the morning and 100% in the evening. Later in the day, they added snow mixed with rain this evening, but "zero to slight" (trace) for accumulation and a wind advisory of 41 mph with a low temperature of 33 ºF. It rained all day and turned to snow about 4 PM. The temp got down to 31 ºF and we got at least an inch on the ground (it is still out there and there might be more later tonight). [31 ºF with a wind of 50 mph is a chill factor of 13 ºF]

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. to Voluntarily Recall a Single Lot of Johnson's Baby Powder in the United States

October 18, 2019 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is alerting consumers of a voluntary recall by Johnson & Johnson of Johnson’s Baby Powder after FDA testing has found that a sample from one lot of the product contains chrysotile fibers, a type of asbestos. Consumers who have Johnson’s Baby Powder lot #22318RB should stop using it immediately and contact Johnson & Johnson for a refund.

Pardon me, but all the lawsuits they claim on TV say J&J knew many many years ago that their powder contained asbestos. What? More lies?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Define BLIZZARD: A snowstorm with winds blowing at a minimum speed of 35 miles per hour and visibility of less than one-quarter mile for three hours.

The only part of this definition that does not apply is the duration: the wind speed was over 40 mph (I'd say gusts to 50), it was snowing and blowing and the visibility was less than 1/4 mile, but the visibility was only that low for a couple hours. However you look at it, our world is now white again.

Last night, the forecast said we would have 100% chance of rain this evening. This morning, they changed that to 60% in the morning and 100% in the evening. Later in the day, they added snow mixed with rain this evening, but "zero to slight" (trace) for accumulation and a wind advisory of 41 mph with a low temperature of 33 ºF. It rained all day and turned to snow about 4 PM. The temp got down to 31 ºF and we got at least an inch on the ground (it is still out there and there might be more later tonight). [31 ºF with a wind of 50 mph is a chill factor of 13 ºF]
Doesn't sound like you had a nice day.....:sad:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. to Voluntarily Recall a Single Lot of Johnson's Baby Powder in the United States

October 18, 2019 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is alerting consumers of a voluntary recall by Johnson & Johnson of Johnson’s Baby Powder after FDA testing has found that a sample from one lot of the product contains chrysotile fibers, a type of asbestos. Consumers who have Johnson’s Baby Powder lot #22318RB should stop using it immediately and contact Johnson & Johnson for a refund.

Pardon me, but all the lawsuits they claim on TV say J&J knew many many years ago that their powder contained asbestos. What? More lies?
You would think, all the technology available this day and age, they could find something without asbestos to use as filler....:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn well better be this week! Assuming the road is not snow-covered tomorrow, I plan to go in there and find out who, what, when, where, and why.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn well better be this week! Assuming the road is not snow-covered tomorrow, I plan to go in there and find out who, what, when, where, and why.
I'd be doing the same thing. Who fucked up the missing part or whatever the reason why it wasn't done?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I also want to know why fixing someone's pickup has a higher priority. Why do they think my equipment is so fucking UNimportant?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Be nice to have that back home before the freezing temps really set in for the duration....you said you wanted to clean up some shit before it freezes (if i remember correctly)....hopefully you can.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Perzactly. But if wishes were pennies, I'd be a millionaire with a brand new fully functional body and... (bitch and moan, repeat as necessary) :blah:
Well at least it can't get much worse, always a bright side to (some) things......:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, and believe it or not, I do know that. It's just that I am letting the stress level around here overwhelm me. I swear, if I owned a real cigarette, I'd smoke it. Somehow my 'baccy vape juice just isn't cutting it. Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, and believe it or not, I do know that. It's just that I am letting the stress level around here overwhelm me. I swear, if I owned a real cigarette, I'd smoke it. Somehow my 'baccy vape juice just isn't cutting it. Sigh...
Better have Lannie jack up the nic till you get this BC squared away....hopefully you won't need more than about 15ml to tide you over till perhaps Wednesday.....:oops:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had the same pack of Marlboros sitting on my desk for the last five years, when I quit and began vaping, thank god I haven't had that much stress to make me bust um open again.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right at the moment, my ADV juice has 10 mg, but because Lannie hates the tobacco smell, I only vape that at night when she is in bed, and because nic will impair my sleep, I have the tobacco at 0 nic. So I get my buzz during the daytime, but it is not tobacco flavored (which probably doesn't matter all that much). I think the Camels I used to smoke would be equivalent to 12 mg, but somehow the exact method of inhale-exhale (suck and blow) doesn't align between cigarettes and vape gear.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right at the moment, my ADV juice has 10 mg, but because Lannie hates the tobacco smell, I only vape that at night when she is in bed, and because nic will impair my sleep, I have the tobacco at 0 nic. So I get my buzz during the daytime, but it is not tobacco flavored (which probably doesn't matter all that much). I think the Camels I used to smoke would be equivalent to 12 mg, but somehow the exact method of inhale-exhale (suck and blow) don't align between cigarettes and vape gear.
True...I like tobacco as well, but Eli claims it smells like a cig

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had the same pack of Marlboros sitting on my desk for the last five years, when I quit and began vaping, thank god I haven't had that much stress to make me bust um open again.
Wow. Would you even want to chance a five-year-old cigarette? Bound to be extremely stale. Then again, should one of the cats roll an old butt out from under a bookcase, would I smoke it? I honestly don't know. Maybe the nasty taste would convince me that I did make the right decision 4 years ago...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Would you even want to chance a five-year-old cigarette? Bound to be extremely stale. Then again, should one of the cats roll an old butt out from under a bookcase, would I smoke it? I honestly don't know. Maybe the nasty taste would convince me that I did make the right decision 4 years ago...
I can't even stand the smell of burning tobacco any longer.....it really smells like hell to me, there is zero chance I'd ever smoke again.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You know, those people are still mailing me 50-cents off per pack coupons, and I don't think I have even bought a Marlboro in...ummm... 40 years?
I'm not sure what they cost any longer, but they have to be upwards of 8 bucks a pack here....would go broke smoking before they killed me.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could you imagine what it would cost each month if a husband and wife both smoked a pack or more per day each?....fuck me to tears....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I walked past the ciggybutt display the last time I was in the local grocery store and the best I could tell, Mulebuggers were $7.10 per pack. I didn't look for more than a couple seconds, but I don't think they even sell Camels (I didn't ask why because it doesn't matter) but I'd guess they are about the same price. That would be over $70 a carton and when I started smoking, I paid $1.90 per carton. So, I could have gotten (back then) almost 4 cartons for the same price as one pack today. Have wages gone up an equal percentage? Noooooo.....

VU Sponsors