Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know there are some huge mines south of EC....I believe Chile has a massive open cut gold mine.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you noticed that all the modern toys are designed to turn the world into couch potatoes? The toys get more expensive, more elaborate, and we get stupid. I think I am with Eli and her people on this one... learn how to find it and just go dig.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's good exercise and I enjoy being in the middle of nowhere (like you). If I find anything it's a bonus.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well thank god the damn power didn't go out (yet)....hopefully you'll be able to get that nightmare off you mind in the next 24 hrs.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I find anything it's a bonus.
I suspect my attitude about all this is because of that simple ideal. I am not in the wilderness to get rich; I am there to enjoy my walk in the woods and if I trip over a million-dollar nugget, we'll go out to dinner on the way home.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My strongest thought right at the moment is putting my head on a pillow. :) Guess it is time to hit the sack.
Hasta la bye bye, amigo.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With exception of a couple minutes this afternoon when the thermometer said we got to 25 (24.8), it was 23 all day, snowing and windy. Technically it didn't meet the requirements to be called a blizzard (snow, visibility 1/4 mile or less, wind steady at 35 mph or more, duration 3 hours or more). It did snow all day, but lightened somewhat after sunset. The wind was around 30 mph all day, but is currently closer to 40-45 (but visibility is too great to fit the blizzard criteria) . The total accumulation was 7-9 inches with the average drift being about 2 feet, though there was one drift near the hay room door almost 3 feet deep and a couple in front of the chicken coop almost 3 feet. Using Bob to clear a path would have been a waste of time and gas because of how quick the wind filled things in. I used a shovel to clear a path from house to garage (about 30 feet), walked in to get a pitcher to fill the cats' water bowl and when I turned around to go back to the house to fill it, the path I had just cleared was totally filled in again.

I am typing all this right now because the lights have flickered about 10 times this evening and if they go out, I won't have computer access. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:confetti: @inspects :confetti:
f1745d16a0ae9ae317dcd77f48247e06.gif

Sent from....somewhere on Tapatalk

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, and technically, Winter doesn't even start for three more weeks. But... given that we really didn't even have a real summer, we might still be working on last winter. Did someone move us to the Yukon when I wasn't looking? ;)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, and technically, Winter doesn't even start for three more weeks. But... given that we really didn't even have a real summer, we might still be working on last winter. Did someone move us to the Yukon when I wasn't looking? ;)
Maybe you were caught in a time warp and went back to the ice age.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, given that this cold crap seems to be all over the United States at the moment, maybe you are right and we are starting a new ice age (whatever time it might be -- time is an illusion anyway). :)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, Woofie. You have a good night too.
I think Dale went out to dinner and a drink for his Burfdaze and prolly won't even show up here tonight.
You're welcome and thank you :)
Sorry, I wasn't much company, but I'm glad I stopped by. It was good to see you :blowkiss:
Otay, I'm out for reelz this time :wave:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SUMDAZE DECUCUMBER DA FOIST (OK, Sunday Dec.1st): Beautiful bright blue sky with light wind and we got all the way up to 26 ºF (it is currently 17 ºF and headed toward 9 ºF at about sunrise). I spent the majority of my day today pushing bob's levers and pedals to move a hundred tons of snow making paths every which way around this property and my old body is tired and worn out. Ouch.

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Woofie. I was already gone for the night, but I saw the e-mail alert, so... Well, Hi and Bye in the same line.
I was supposed to process a bunch of pics Lannie took of the snow and icicles but I forgot, so I'll do those tomorrow. :crazy:
Dale, I suspect, either went to Lost Wages for his birthday celebration or his Mom locked him in the back room for getting older than her. :)
Anyway, goodnight all.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Woofie. I was already gone for the night, but I saw the e-mail alert, so... Well, Hi and Bye in the same line.
I was supposed to process a bunch of pics Lannie took of the snow and icicles but I forgot, so I'll do those tomorrow. :crazy:
Dale, I suspect, either went to Lost Wages for his birthday celebration or his Mom locked him in the back room for getting older than her. :)
Anyway, goodnight all.
:) Hi Draco :wave: Sorry, for bringing you back on here last night. Didn't want you think no one was paying attention, I was :) . Get those pics processed, look forward in seeing them!
I hope that's all and that he is safe n sound :hug: and he will show up tonight. :teehee::teehee:
Hope you have a good day and don't get to worn out. You n Lannie be safe and stay as warm as possible :hug:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Winter Storm Pics - the storm was Saturday all day (Nov.30). The approximate depths are posted above. The snow quit sometime after dark, but the high wind kept going most of the night, so much of what was here went across the highway into the neighbor's field (less for me to plow out). The following pics were taken by Lannie on Sunday.

This is me making a path out to the barns (center of picture). The shop is the building on the left and that big shadow on the right is the garage.
01.jpg

Lannie cranked up the zoom. There's about 600-700 pounds of snow in that bucket. (note that the bobcat wheels are orange - see pic #4)
02.jpg

Taken from the house doorway. Building on left is the garage. This is looking at the driveway gate and highway. That fence on the right hooks to the house and surrounds the dog yard (see pic 4).
03.jpg

Here I am clearing a bit of the dog yard so she can get out to potty without having to trudge through snow deeper than she is. Note that the bobcat's orange wheels are totally packed with snow, which happens when you push your way through snow higher than the tires.
04.jpg

Sunshine sure lights up the ice on that Elm tree.
05.jpg

And a different view of it.
06.jpg

And, technically, winter isn't even here yet... :)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi ya, Draco :wave: Thank you for sharing. Beautiful on the elm tree. So very glad you have your bobcat back b4 the first snowfall ! I see Inspects is still missing. Hope he is ok. You and Lannie take care and be safe :hug:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I see Inspects is still missing. Hope he is ok.
Sorry - I failed to post this last night, but we were in touch via e-mail. Dale is working about a hundred hours a day and can't get on the forum at all or he will find no time to sleep. I hope his workload slows down before he burns out, but at the moment he is still OK - just very tired.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess I am just getting too old and too tired to fight this white shit. I could probably sit by the kitchen window and watch the snow fall while sucking my coffee and vaping if (BIG IF) I knew I never had to go outside and slog through it and do chores in that cold and windy weather. Sounds like a weenie, huh?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I am just getting too old and too tired to fight this white shit. I could probably sit by the kitchen window and watch the snow fall while sucking my coffee and vaping if (BIG IF) I knew I never had to go outside and slog through it and do chores in that cold and windy weather. Sounds like a weenie, huh?
Sure does to me Rich, how you been my friend?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get rid of the critters and you could do just that, but I doubt you'd live long, if Lannie didn't off you, the lack of exercise would....:D

VU Sponsors