Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not too bad. Sun was shining and wind was light. I think we got up to 40 ºF today (it is 33 ºF at the moment). I moved another bazillion tons of snow to make a turn-around area for the trailer so we can go over to Pine Creek and get one of our cows back on Friday (she's visiting her bull friend).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not too bad. Sun was shining and wind was light. I think we got up to 40 ºF today (it is 33 ºF at the moment). I moved another bazillion tons of snow to make a turn-around area for the trailer so we can go over to Pine Creek and get one of our cows back on Friday (she's visiting her bull friend).
I ass-ume not much of that white shit melted today?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lucked out this evening. Tomorrow's client postponed till next week, tomorrow morning is going to be a great prospecting day....from 7:30 AM till dark-thirty....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
By the way, those pictures of the snow are beautiful, even as much as we both hate the stuff.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Speaking of the BC, you notice any difference in operation with the new engine?
Significant difference, but I suspect it is mostly because I haven't gotten used to it yet. The throttle is backwards from the old one (pull instead of push) and the choke is more intense. It starts quicker in cold weather, but seems under powered in comparison, though that might simply be because I am not opening the throttle far enough... I am used to running on the low end of the throttle and maybe I just need to tap the RPMs up slightly. After I have used it for a season, and it stops being so "new" to me, I probably won't see all that much difference.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Significant difference, but I suspect it is mostly because I haven't gotten used to it yet. The throttle is backwards from the old one (pull instead of push) and the choke is more intense. It starts quicker in cold weather, but seems under powered in comparison, though that might simply be because I am not opening the throttle far enough... I am used to running on the low end of the throttle and maybe I just need to tap the RPMs up slightly. After I have used it for a season, and it stops being so "new" to me, I probably won't see all that much difference.
Like anything with an engine, takes time to get the feel of it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like anything with an engine, takes time to get the feel of it.
Kinda like trading in your Buick for a Trans Am... gear ratios are different, throttle response is different, etc., and you have to drive it carefully until you get the feel for how everything responds. I am currently still in the learning stage.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never crashed a street bike, but sliding sideways on a dirt bike while cornering too fast was often the "norm." :)
Oddly enough, I never broke a bike doing that, but a few bruises and a broken toe... well, my attitude back then was kinda like this farm routine today (if ya don't bleed a little each day, you ain't workin' hard enough)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know, I've had my share of bumps-bruises on a Husty .............:oops:

On the road, not one....like you, never got as much as a scratch from street riding.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Husty? Is that anything like a Husky? :)
I think the worst thing that ever happened to me on a street bike was running into the south end of a bee at 85mph. That stinger went pretty deep into my throat. Ouch!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not even a smidgen of gold today, but I found an 1881 indian head penny in damn good condition, and a 1976 silver dime (in dramatically different locations). No idea how that penny got to where I found it, those oldtimers must have been real venturists back in the day - when they had only horse or mule to get around the mountains in the middle of nowhere.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure what the temp was today, but I was soaked in sweat by 11:00 AM, damn was it unseasonably warm - or it may have been hot flashes, I heard some folks get those things....:bomb:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's not much different than the picture of my mom and me and my sister in the early 1950s. No one ever made a poster telling Americans they should donate money to us, yet every single day now I am inundated with pictures of black and brown people in other countries wearing better clothes than I currently own and often with a smart phone in their hands and I am told these people are in poverty and I should give them lots of money.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's not much different than the picture of my mom and me and my sister in the early 1950s. No one ever made a poster telling Americans they should donate money to us, yet every single day now I am inundated with pictures of black and brown people in other countries wearing better clothes than I currently own and often with a smart phone in their hands and I am told these people are in poverty and I should give them lots of money.
Yeah - I agree, they're fucking nuts.....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd be willing to bet it's the social justice warriors who come up with these bizarre ideas about who should be given free money. The hard working middle class people are their targets, rich folks wouldn't shed a nickel, let alone twenty five cents. And then the president (and other pee=ons) of the "charity" rakes in a couple million a year in salary.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the president (and other pee=ons) of the "charity" rakes in a couple million a year in salary.
Somewhere around here I have a list of which charity CEOs have the largest salary and which work for no pay at all. Then there are the fakes like Goodwill, who is and always has been a profit-making corporation that does not donate anything to the needy.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Somewhere around here I have a list of which charity CEOs have the largest salary and which work for no pay at all. Then there are the fakes like Goodwill, who is and always have been a profit-making corporation that does not donate anything to the needy.
I've never researched it, but I would reasonably assume you're correct on all points.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Catholic charities is another sham organization. And the list goes on and on.

The clinton "suicided" family charity is another real winner...look at how much they helped the haitians after dowling in all those sheckels.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do odd stuff like that now and then. Another list I am building is which products or stores not to shop in/buy because they want to take away your guns and/or abolish the 2nd Amendment.
That's definitely worth a look at. When you have a list, let us know, so we can also boycott those wackos

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy Birthday, Lannie......:hearts::confetti::hearts:

Thank you. :) I had the BEST dinner last night! And instead of my usual gigantic chocolate cake with ganache frosting (I could have used my new chocolate for that, and I will, later), I made a simple apple crisp with some of the apples I canned a year ago. OMG, they're SO good! The neighbor has some honey crisp trees and gave us a couple boxes of "leftovers" the wife didn't have time to put up, so I made canned apple slices and some applesauce and we use it sparingly, it's sooo freaking good. Anyway, delicious dinner followed by a scoop of apple crisp and a little bit of ice cream on the side. If I hadn't been stuffed to bursting, I would have had seconds on both! ;)

I'll make the chocolate cake and ganache for Rich's birthday. :D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. :) I had the BEST dinner last night! And instead of my usual gigantic chocolate cake with ganache frosting (I could have used my new chocolate for that, and I will, later), I made a simple apple crisp with some of the apples I canned a year ago. OMG, they're SO good! The neighbor has some honeycrisp trees and gave us a couple boxes of "leftovers" the wife didn't have time to put up, so I made canned apple slices and some applesauce and we use it sparingly, it's sooo freaking good. Anyway, delicious dinner followed by a scoop of apple crisp and a little bit of ice cream on the side. If I hadn't been stuffed to bursting, I would have had seconds on both! ;)

I'll make the chocolate cake and ganache for Rich's birthday. :D
Love honeycrisp apples too.....:vino:

VU Sponsors