Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inspected a freaking hospital today, for some reason I thought it was open for business, luckily it's been closed-abandoned for about 5 yrs....which made me feel a lil better. I really didn't want to be around sick or dying people. Lucked out, that doesn't happen often.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When did you get more snow?...last couple days?
Couple days ago, we got "occasional showers with NO accumulation." Next morning there was an additional 2" on the ground. But my reason for using bob so extensively today is that we need to take a cow and calf over to visit the bull at Pine Creek on Sunday and I needed to eliminate as much of that slippery shit as possible in order to be able to turn and backup the trailer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the reason it was abandoned is the fact every waste pipe in the building was rotted all to hell, old cast iron, which rots from the inside outward. I can only assume someone had a pile of shit water land on them while in the operating room....I really couldn't believe what I was seeing, toilet water running out of suspended ceiling tiles from the fourth floor to the parking garage floor.....The board of health prolly closed down this shithole.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Couple days ago, we got "occasional showers with NO accumulation." Next morning there was an additional 2" on the ground. But my reason for using bob so extensively today is that we need to take a cow and calf over to visit the bull at Pine Creek on Sunday and I needed to eliminate as much of that slippery shit as possible in order to be able to turn and backup the trailer.
I understand, cuz you really never know when there will be another foot on the ground in the morning, regardless of what the guessers guess.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had no idea all the cast iron was rotted all to hell, I was just going about my business and could hear the used building salesman screaming from the first floor---STOP flushing toilets, there is something drastically wrong.....:giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know I am out of my area of expertise here, but with all their rotted pipes, there is bound to be some serious floor/ceiling/wall joist damage and that implies lots of structural repair too. Or not???
The entire building is concrete and masonry block, even the floors are prestressed concrete. That place will stand long after most traditional buildings have fallen into a heap.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like you may have a reprieve from the "Arctic Polar Siberian Vortex" (cold front) next week....!
I hope so (which is why we delayed taking Cricket to the bull until Sunday instead of today). Actually, it wasn't too bad this morning... sunny and we got all the way up to freezing -- OK, actually a RCH past that (32.1), but then it clouded up and started getting colder again (it's about 17 now). I went to Pine Creek and got 600# of oats for the chickens (they ran out of wheat). That wasn't fun, standing in the wind filling bags. Oh well...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, we're nuts, the rest are normal............:rolleyes:
Sing along: Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes...

Sadly, about half this country believes that wanting freedom, responsibility, work for a living, etc., are nuts when if you just whine enough, someone else will make the rules and take care of you so long as you comply with their stupid ass demands.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sing along: Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes...

Sadly, about half this country believes that wanting freedom, responsibility, work for a living, etc., are nuts when if you just whine enough, someone else will make the rules and take care of you so long as you comply with their stupid ass demands.
Can't wait until Trump wins by the biggest landslide in history, and all the snowflakes are screaming at the moon again..!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't wait until Trump wins by the biggest landslide in history, and all the snowflakes are screaming at the moon again..!
I wish we could be together on election night and raise our glasses to toast another four years of making liberals cry in their beers. :vino:
Well Rich, it's that time again...gotta wake EARLY tomorrow..........:cry:
Good night my friend. Catch ya on the flip side...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's the wind chill tonight....about zero?...or 5-below?

Finally getting a little nippy here, about 40 when I went to work this morning. Altho there was ice in water puddles on the roof this morning, so I'm not so sure about the thermometer in the truck.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't know you were here tonight. I have not gotten even one alert that you posted anything.

What's the wind chill tonight....about zero?...or 5-below?
Almost no wind at the moment. Saturday's high was 13 with snow, Sunday we made it up to 30 and today it hit 31. Both of us were so totally exhausted from trying to herd the cows yesterday in snow 12-18" deep for over an hour that, other than routine chores, we haven't done squat today.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just finished that massive building today, I'm whipped....it was a mile and a half walk just around the shack....must have walked 10 miles yesterday.

VU Sponsors