Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just about hot today, not sure what the temp was but it had to be in the upper 70's......:sad:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lack of Sterility again............:deadhorse:
Ya know, about a zillion years ago, I was an engineering manager at a large west coast electronics company. My division made fiber optic time-domain reflectometers (big words to mean cable fault locators). Anyway, we put together the fiber optic portions of those things in a clean room, and I'd be willing to bet our equipment was more sterile than most of today's medicines, and none of our stuff was intended to be swallowed by our customers.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Was just about hot today, not sure what the temp was but it had to be in the upper 70's......:sad:
Only got to 15 here today (currently zero) and I stayed in the bobcat way too long. Frostbite on the fingers, in spite of wearing gloves. Small left finger still hurts over 7 hours later...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya know, about a zillion years ago, I was an engineering manager at a large west coast electronics company. My division made fiber optic time-domain reflectometers (big words to mean cable fault locators). Anyway, we put together the fiber optic portions of those things in a clean room, and I'd be willing to bet our equipment was more sterile than most of today's medicines, and none of our stuff was intended to be swallowed by our customers.
Hahahhahaha

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only got to 15 here today (currently zero) and I stayed in the bobcat way too long. Frostbite on the fingers, in spite of wearing gloves. Small left finger still hurts over 7 hours later...
Unreal. I thought when I looked yesterday it was supposed to be getting warmer....prolly turn into a muddy mess tho

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, looks like you may have Sept weather the rest of the week....mid to upper 30's.....:sad:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, it was only 16 yesterday (but we managed to bring Morgaine home anyway - she was sure happy to be back with her family) and it got up to 44 today. I hope it does last all week. Tomorrow the hay guy will be here to fill the barn again and the next day is monthly shopping...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, it was only 16 yesterday (but we managed to bring Morgaine home anyway - she was sure happy to be back with her family) and it got up to 44 today. I hope it does last all week. Tomorrow the hay guy will be here to fill the barn again and the next day is monthly shopping...
YeeeeHaaaa....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tomorrow job postponed till Friday, I'm heading to the mountains in the morning, supposed to be cloudy but good hiking weather.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, have lots of fun on the hike and I hope you find some interesting things (silver dollars, gold mines, etc.)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like your going to have a couple full days ahead of you.....:sad:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, shit happens. But I'm sure there will be a day of rest afterward (or I'll just fall over and not move for awhile). ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know who much you like the monthly drive.....worse than going to a dentist.....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get Morgaine back home ?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shitty weather here this morning, drizzle cold cloudy, no mountains today.....have jobs for tomorrow and Friday......well it was a good idea anyway. Supposed to be in the low 70's the next few days.....hope the guess is close.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I know, thought you said you were picking her up today............
No, we got her on Monday. Today was the day the hay man came over. Barely got it all in the barn before the rain started. Then it turned to snow. And now it is freezing again, so the highway likely will be like a skating rink in the morning. I'm putting off the monthly shopping until Friday.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, we got her on Monday. Today was the day the hay man came over. Barely got it all in the barn before the rain started. Then it turned to snow. And now it is freezing again, so the highway likely will be like a skating rink in the morning. I'm putting off the monthly shopping until Friday.
Ahh...read it worng, that happens now and agin

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am praying for decent weather for that trip, but the way my body feels at the moment, I know that in spite of my stubbornness to do this shit regardless of the pain, this trip is gonna hurt bad. But there is no one else to do it, so I'll just shut up and get on with it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am praying for decent weather for that trip, but the way my body feels at the moment, I know that in spite of my stubbornness to do this shit regardless of the pain, this trip is gonna hurt bad. But there is no one else to do it, so I'll just shut up and get on with it.
That fucking weather can take the life out of anyone, especially us old folks.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The last time I went north to breckenridge colorado during Jan I thought I'd die before I made it home, was -30 below everyday. Man that shit just sucks the life out of you.

VU Sponsors