Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Old Pharts! I made some low carb pizza tonight and the hubs loved it. I made two extra for his supper Monday.
29340395_1633171050083227_8698206538528980992_n.jpg
HiYa Sandi

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was craving pizza and too lazy to make the cauliflower crust.
I been ricing the cauliflower....then putting it in the dehydrator, then make the crust the next day....takes the water out of the cauliflower the best I've found......but your correct....it is a lot of work. Pizza Hut or bust.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I been ricing the cauliflower....then putting it in the dehydrator, then make the crust the next day....takes the water out of the cauliflower the best I've found......but your correct....it is a lot of work. Pizza Hut or bust.

That sounds a lot easier than squeezing all that water out - I've never tried it because I have yet to crave a pizza that bad, lol

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Handy husbands are PRICELESS. My mate installed our new water heater a couple years ago, saving us about $800. :)

Andria
So did mine, when the old one rattled and sounded like it was about to explode.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I sure do crave pizza but sure not going to eat one of those poison store bought ones

That's me too

If I get really dippy for one, I make it without crust just plop the meats on a cast iron skillet, sauce next, fresh onion, garlic and mushrooms - sometimes I might cheat and have a handful of mozzarella on top - and bake for 10 minutes at 350

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's me too

If I get really dippy for one, I make it without crust just plop the meats on a cast iron skillet, sauce next, fresh onion, garlic and mushrooms - sometimes I might cheat and have a handful of mozzarella on top - and bake for 10 minutes at 350
Have you ever tried using a portabella mushroom for the crust Lucy?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had this bizzare craving for pizza a few months ago, made the cauliflower crust pizza....after all the work, I decided I didn't like pizza much any longer.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the dogs are getting too smart. I put the puppy outside in a pen, and the schnauzer keeps trying to help her escape.. The pen has 4 foot walls, and I keep moving stuff around to make sure she don't get out. We've had it with shit and piss all over the floors and furniture. If she is so smart that she can get help from the outside, she should be smart enough to do her business outside.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Have you ever tried using a portabella mushroom for the crust Lucy?

In fact, I hope they have them next Thursday (IE geezer day when we get a store discount, lol)

Will have to find a different recipe for sauce though - I haven't touched a can since you said the lining was not fit to eat and all the stuff in jars has sugar, corn syrup and a lot of other crap I don't want in my body

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In fact, I hope they have them next Thursday (IE geezer day when we get a store discount, lol)

Will have to find a different recipe for sauce though - I haven't touched a can since you said the lining was not fit to eat and all the stuff in jars has sugar, corn syrup and a lot of other crap I don't want in my body
Gotta make yur own sauce....Juice...!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Gotta make yur own sauce....Juice...!

I've always done my own, but I used to use tomato paste from a can - making it out of the raunchy and expensive tomatoes we get up here would be both pricey and likely nasty

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
all the stuff in jars has sugar, corn syrup and a lot of other crap I don't want in my body
Hate to tell you this, but if you are serious about not wanting that crap in your body, then you also do not want mushrooms. They are a fungus, which produce mycotoxins, which is a cumulative poison that will destroy many parts of your body over time.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ditto that for wives. If she can't cook, clean, plant a garden, milk a cow... why the hell would I want her? :rolleyes: I play the handyman role and she plays the housewife role. That makes for a TEAM effort.
One problem with that: he thinks that mowing the lawn 4 times a year is all he has to do at home. I do most of the "handyman" stuff. Does that mean Phillip should play housewife?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One problem with that: he thinks that mowing the lawn 4 times a year is all he has to do at home. I do most of the "handyman" stuff. Does that mean Phillip should play housewife?
YES! If he doesn't want to do the "outside work," then he needs to do the "inside work." Teach him to run the vacuum, do the laundry, wash the dishes, dust the furniture, etc., and if he won't, I hope he can afford a maid for you.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Yes

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
YES! If he doesn't want to do the "outside work," then he needs to do the "inside work." Teach him to run the vacuum, do the laundry, wash the dishes, dust the furniture, etc., and if he won't, I hope he can afford a maid for you.
Honestly, he is lazy. If he works as hard at his job as he does at home, I'm surprised they ain't fired his ass yet.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ditto that for wives. If she can't cook, clean, plant a garden, milk a cow... why the hell would I want her? :rolleyes: I play the handyman role and she plays the housewife role. That makes for a TEAM effort.

I agree, though I don't do much in the cleaning dept -- only when and as absolutely necessary -- my kitchen stays pretty clean since I cook a lot, and our clothes stay clean because nobody wants to wear dirty clothes.... otherwise... maybe every couple years or so. :) I really wouldn't know what to do with a cow; I can't drink whole milk anyway, and haven't got a clue how to go about de-fatting it, so I'll just keep buying the 2% at the grocery. I actually could plant a garden; not only do I have green thumbs, but the rest of my fingers have proven quite green as well... but I've gotten out of the habit of getting up early to work in the yard/garden, and it's really necessary, if you want to work outside down here in the summer; by noon it's time to head for the AC. And since getting out of the habit, I've lost my muscles, and now any kind of yard/garden work damn near kills me.

And all you folks with the pizza talk are about to kill me. I feel great empathy for those who can't eat some part of pizza, the crust or whatever; I have zero issues with the crust, but tomato-anything doesn't suit my digestion AT ALL. I can deal with our local Dominos, because they go pretty light on the sauce, but I still have to scoop quite a bit of it out from under the cheese -- and no, I can't abide pizza that doesn't have ANY tomato sauce, I just have to have it VERY sparingly... and also take Beano before and after eating it, so I don't wind up with a nasty belly ache. Apparently my digestion is too slow for something as acidic as tomatoes.

Andria

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The one thing about some pizzas, is that I cannot eat anything with even a sliver of black olive on it. If I do, the entire contents of my belly are on the table withing 60 seconds.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They are a fungus, which produce mycotoxins, which is a cumulative poison that will destroy many parts of your body over time.

Some mycotoxins are medicinal - and current research shows portobellos especially to support gut bacterial health

Almost everything we eat has something objectionable in its chemistry - its altered or adulterated nature of processed foods that cause the most problems

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You are so right Lucy all cans have a spray in lining that gives off carcinagins into the contents. We are lucky and grow our own.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You are so right Lucy all cans have a spray in lining that gives off carcinagins into the contents. We are lucky and grow our own.

I learned that from you and am thankful for that info

I never used much canned food, but did rely on tomato paste a lot - will maybe have to find some that is jared or something

I had been using tomato paste to make my own ketchup also :(

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some mycotoxins are medicinal
Not trying to start an argument here, but I'd like your source on that. Mycotoxins are a fungal metabolite (i.e., shit), not living, and the word means poison. I have never ever found a site that has proved any benefit to mycotoxins and the only ones I have seen that make such claims are the ones trying to sell you something.

Anyway, gotta get some sleep. Tomorrow's task is to get the damn log splitter working and that might take considerable time.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I learned that from you and am thankful for that info

I never used much canned food, but did rely on tomato paste a lot - will maybe have to find some that is jared or something

I had been using tomato paste to make my own ketchup also :(
You can cook down tomatoes and make your own, ours is better that any of that store crap my friend

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not trying to start an argument here, but I'd like your source on that. Mycotoxins are a fungal metabolite (i.e., shit), not living, and the word means poison. I have never ever found a site that has proved any benefit to mycotoxins and the only ones I have seen that make such claims are the ones trying to sell you something.

Anyway, gotta get some sleep. Tomorrow's task is to get the damn log splitter working and that might take considerable time.
Night Rich hope you day goes well my friend

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Yes you are - but that is okay

Mycotoxins - NCBI - NIH : one of many - I can send you some very credible books on the subject if you can wait for me to dig them out of hiding, lol

I am not afraid to eat traditional edible mushrooms - almost everything humans eat has at least one component that is unhealthy to some degree

Mycotoxins (from molds and fungus) can be found in almost all preserved foods (tea is a good example) and even in the air we breath

It can even be found in dairy products Mycotoxins in dairy products: A review (PDF Download Available)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I agree, though I don't do much in the cleaning dept -- only when and as absolutely necessary -- my kitchen stays pretty clean since I cook a lot, and our clothes stay clean because nobody wants to wear dirty clothes.... otherwise... maybe every couple years or so. :) I really wouldn't know what to do with a cow; I can't drink whole milk anyway, and haven't got a clue how to go about de-fatting it, so I'll just keep buying the 2% at the grocery. I actually could plant a garden; not only do I have green thumbs, but the rest of my fingers have proven quite green as well... but I've gotten out of the habit of getting up early to work in the yard/garden, and it's really necessary, if you want to work outside down here in the summer; by noon it's time to head for the AC. And since getting out of the habit, I've lost my muscles, and now any kind of yard/garden work damn near kills me.

And all you folks with the pizza talk are about to kill me. I feel great empathy for those who can't eat some part of pizza, the crust or whatever; I have zero issues with the crust, but tomato-anything doesn't suit my digestion AT ALL. I can deal with our local Dominos, because they go pretty light on the sauce, but I still have to scoop quite a bit of it out from under the cheese -- and no, I can't abide pizza that doesn't have ANY tomato sauce, I just have to have it VERY sparingly... and also take Beano before and after eating it, so I don't wind up with a nasty belly ache. Apparently my digestion is too slow for something as acidic as tomatoes.

Andria

Do you have problems with potatoes, peppers, tobacco? Because tomatoes and all those other things I just listed are nightshades, and a lot of people have problems with them. You probably already know this, just wanted to toss that out to you in case you don't.

When I'm not "on a diet" I eat pizza, all kinds, store bought, Little Caesar's, Pizza Inn, whatever. I should always be "on a diet," but my god, doing without wheat is damn near impossible.

I guess I'd be useless to my husband, except that I make the money around here, and have for years. So there is one more thing a man might want out of a wife unit, if he's determined to stick to a line of work that isn't particularly lucrative, that also left him repeatedly injured and physically old before his time. Bless his heart, I tried to talk him out of it years ago, but he just wouldn't hear it. Man loved his work, and yeah, I realize that's hugely important. I love my work, too, most of the time, and I wouldn't want anyone telling me to change it.

To his credit, over the years he has been incredibly handy. Can fix or make very nearly anything, has a mechanical mind that is stunning and completely foreign to me. I've been proud of him over the last few years, too, as he's finally dropping his disdain for all things computer, and now has a couple of tablets, a smartphone, and two laptops. He is learning by leaps and bounds. Odd that he would have been so dismissive of computers, as that's how I've made the money since about 1987, but there you have it. :)

Andria, I'm with you on the housework. Plus I'm a pack rat "collector" type, so my house is cluttered. It doesn't look like a hoarder's house, but it's definitely cluttered. If I cared, I'd do something about it, so again, there it is.

Mornin' Old Pharts. :coffee2:

Jane

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to try this soon. It could be easy. I read on Atkins/keto pages that some folks just place in a oven (low temp) for awhile. I love pizza!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning! Another work day. Yikes! Today is my anniversary with my DH 31 years! We both have to work. He did clean the cat boxes yesterday. :) He contributes a little to cleaning the house only if I'm working. Otherwise, its my job. If he stayed at home it would be his job.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Having a lazy day here.

Just enjoyed a long hot shower followed by a hot lather BBS shave and Witch Hazel facial.

Got a lot done this weekend so my only chores for the day are a trip to the grocery and the post office.

Wouldn't even have to go to the post office if the lazy bitch did her job and put the package on my front porch.

VU Sponsors