Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
29386902_1248060131990708_7579058539646680965_n.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you have problems with potatoes, peppers, tobacco? Because tomatoes and all those other things I just listed are nightshades, and a lot of people have problems with them. You probably already know this, just wanted to toss that out to you in case you don't.

When I'm not "on a diet" I eat pizza, all kinds, store bought, Little Caesar's, Pizza Inn, whatever. I should always be "on a diet," but my god, doing without wheat is damn near impossible.

I guess I'd be useless to my husband, except that I make the money around here, and have for years. So there is one more thing a man might want out of a wife unit, if he's determined to stick to a line of work that isn't particularly lucrative, that also left him repeatedly injured and physically old before his time. Bless his heart, I tried to talk him out of it years ago, but he just wouldn't hear it. Man loved his work, and yeah, I realize that's hugely important. I love my work, too, most of the time, and I wouldn't want anyone telling me to change it.

To his credit, over the years he has been incredibly handy. Can fix or make very nearly anything, has a mechanical mind that is stunning and completely foreign to me. I've been proud of him over the last few years, too, as he's finally dropping his disdain for all things computer, and now has a couple of tablets, a smartphone, and two laptops. He is learning by leaps and bounds. Odd that he would have been so dismissive of computers, as that's how I've made the money since about 1987, but there you have it. :)

Andria, I'm with you on the housework. Plus I'm a pack rat "collector" type, so my house is cluttered. It doesn't look like a hoarder's house, but it's definitely cluttered. If I cared, I'd do something about it, so again, there it is.

Mornin' Old Pharts. :coffee2:

Jane

No, actually I'm completely wild for potatoes; there must be a zillion ways to fix them, and all are yummy. One of my signature dishes, in fact (I created the mix!) is "Andria Potatoes" -- potatoes sliced and pre-boiled till nearly tender (about 7-8 minutes vs. the 10 mins needed to make mashed potatoes), ham cubed, green baby peas (Leseuer or go home!), chopped onions, and cheese all thru it, baked at 350F for about an hour -- magic!

Tobacco never gave me any issues either, when I was a regular smoker, but I was damn sick and tired of having to go out and freeze to death, or in the summer, sweat to death, on the porch, and now of course, I find the stench intolerable. Actually I had already gotten somewhat intolerant of the smell; I started smoking outdoors to spare my son's lungs since he got bronchitis a lot and missed a lot of school, but even after he grew up and left home, I kept it outside, since I had finally gotten all my furnishings stink-free. :)

It's the acid in tomatoes, which, thx to my slow digestion, creates agonizing amounts of gas, making me feel quite bilious right along with the pain -- the year before my appendix went kerblooie, I actually *thought* that's what was happening, and trotted off to the ER only to be told they couldn't find anything in particular. I do have IBS, and have suffered extremely slow digestion ever since my pregnancy -- so naturally I have the version of IBS that is more about being stopped up, though when under high stress, it can swing the other direction, which is no more fun than the other!

What's kinda interesting is that I couldn't eat tomatoes as a child, or they would completely remove all the skin in my mouth -- again, the acid. When I grew up, I toughened up a bit, and quite enjoyed tomatoes in every form except stewed (yuck! the consistency is horrible!), but at about the age of 50, my body decided that it didn't like tomatoes after all. :facepalm:

Andria

ETA: as for peppers -- variable. I like green bell peppers, but I use them sparingly, or they give me heartburn. I can't stand the taste OR the smell of red bell peppers; they gross me right out. I don't care for the taste of jalopenos, most of the time, but they're ok on "loaded nachos" -- as long as there is guacamole! Cayenne peppers, I love, but they naturally have to be used sparingly, they're so hot. I can't live without fresh ground black pepper -- my son and I long ago decided to leave the powdered black pepper to my husband, and got a pepper grinder for ourselves. :)

And I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY anyone would want to do without wheat. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mycotoxins - NCBI - NIH : one of many - I can send you some very credible books on the subject if you can wait for me to dig them out of hiding, lol
Thanks for the links, Lucy. I have saved them for later review, but I do notice they all start out with a similar line - this crap is generally bad for you. I promise to try to find the lines where it says it is good (in some use other than antibiotics and other drugs, which I have always contended are bad for us, but the medical establishment claims the opposite - yes, including NIH, of which I have been a member).

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Having a lazy day here.

Just enjoyed a long hot shower followed by a hot lather BBS shave and Witch Hazel facial.

Got a lot done this weekend so my only chores for the day are a trip to the grocery and the post office.

Wouldn't even have to go to the post office if the lazy bitch did her job and put the package on my front porch.
No mail for us today. I wonder if someone will bring it by later, since our bitch has a habit of delivering mail to the wrong address.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No mail for us today. I wonder if someone will bring it by later, since our bitch has a habit of delivering mail to the wrong address.

Sarah, I'm so sorry, but the phrase "the mail bitch" flew through my head and I couldn't keep myself from laughing. I know the situation's not funny if you're referring to her that way. But perhaps if you just go on and call her "the mail bitch," you'll get tickled and feel better.

:wave:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Andria, I try not to eat wheat and sugar (sometimes, when I have willpower) because both those things cause inflammation all over for me. Sometimes I just can't get there, though. Anyway, that's why. It isn't just cause I'm masochistic. :)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sarah, I'm so sorry, but the phrase "the mail bitch" flew through my head and I couldn't keep myself from laughing. I know the situation's not funny if you're referring to her that way. But perhaps if you just go on and call her "the mail bitch," you'll get tickled and feel better.

:wave:
It wasn't so bad when my neighbor delivered the mail. But, her house burned, so she had to move, and her route changed.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It really stinks when you don't have a conscientious mail delivery person. I feel for ya.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, I try not to eat wheat and sugar (sometimes, when I have willpower) because both those things cause inflammation all over for me. Sometimes I just can't get there, though. Anyway, that's why. It isn't just cause I'm masochistic. :)

Ah. I guess it might be true for me too, but living without wheat or sugar just ain't happening -- I depend on wheat bran, with my IBS, and sugar? Sorry, that addiction is one that I plan to keep. Given my genetics and all the diabetes in my family, I've been gradually whittling down my consumption of it over the last 3 decades... because I love it too much to ever do totally without it.

And recently discovered you can buy Pepsi made with real sugar, just like the crap I grew up with. :) :) :) I buy the little bitty cans, which helps me restrain my consumption -- caffeine causes me more issues than sugar!

Andria

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Naah getting no trespassing and keep off lawn signs tomorrow.
We've had signs tore down, dog food and BBQ wood stolen. We've got a game camera up now. It seems to have scared off the thieves for now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've had signs tore down, dog food and BBQ wood stolen. We've got a game camera up now. It seems to have scared off the thieves for now.

Only thieving was from the cousin of a wife. A pillhead kid.
Everyone thinks I am crazy and will shoot em...
They may be right?

The wifes cousin showed up with a bunch in a van and were stealing some copper and aluminum power wire I had.
I went outside and started emptying a 5 shot 20ga in the trees over their heads.
They ran into a tree and banged up their van in their hasty departure.

Next time I saw the kid I told him to never come around again and I would not shoot to miss next time.
Have not seen him since and that has been maybe 4 years?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We got Mexicants. They can't hold a job, can't respect others, and can't keep their hands off other people's stuff.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only other problem I had was one time with some kids riding 4 wheelers on my place ripping up my garden plot and such.
I tild them to leave and they just laughed and kept on.

So I go back and get the 20ga and shoot some but not at them.
They scrammed and showed back up with their daddy and a deputy.

The deputy asked me what happened and I told him and showed him the damage.
The daddy said I shot at his kids.
The deputy told the daddy "No he did not, I have shot trap with the guy and he can outshoot me. If he had been shooting at them they would have pellets in them"

He then asked me if I wanted to press charges. I declined providing they never came back.
End of that drama.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We had some kids shoot up the neighborhood with a bbgun one got for Christmas. Cops said they couldn't do anything unless they saw a kid with it. 2 days later, I got a picture of one of the kids shooting it, and emailed it to the cops. That day, they were talking to the kid's parents.
End of that drama.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We got Mexicants. They can't hold a job, can't respect others, and can't keep their hands off other people's stuff.

We have lots of Mexicans too. Only ones who will do farm work around here. Kids are too damn lazy.
Only problem we have with them is fighting among themselves or sometimes drunk driving.
Pretty much like the redneck white folks around here.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of us cannot digest it properly and it promotes autoimmune disease - especially modern wheats
Speaking of auto immune, did you see where congress is trying to slide thru a law making manufacturers of self driving cars and such immune from lawsuits from riders in their self driving cars getting harmed by them wrecking or otherwise messing up?

And a pedestrian was just killed by a self driving Uber cab....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some of us cannot digest it properly and it promotes autoimmune disease - especially modern wheats

Well I do have the allergy thing in spades, and the damn asthma and eczema, so who knows, maybe it's because of my diet, at least partly -- most of that sort of thing is genetic, but i know that sometimes various factors can cause a gene to "switch on", causing some whole new auto-immune dysfuction -- no, I don't think I'll correct that typo, it fits too well. :giggle: I also suffered extreme and terribly-scarring acne from the age of 11 till... well, nearly menopause, though it got a lot less troublesome after I was thirtyish. I'm pretty sure that had as much to do with my diet as my genes, given the gallons of Pepsi and all the lbs of sugar, but it was the thing to drink at my house, soda -- I mostly switched to tea in various forms after I left home and lived on my own, because I can control the sugar content in tea, and now also the caffeine.

Andria

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Um, no... just make your regular recipe, and add the WTA as one of the ingredients -- providing you can specify a nic level for the individual ingredients in whatever calc you use? That's the major reason I started using this one: http://www.ecigvape.com/pvn_calculator.php -- because you can set a nic level and PG/VG ratio for each ingredient, not just one and done as so many retarded calculators do. This really only works if you use Aroma's clear unflavored, it's the only one of theirs that's actual WTA -- their WTA-infused ejuice is barely worth being associated with WTA at all, it's got so little WTA in it.

Andria

(and those juices of theirs are only "vape ready" if you can handle a shitload of VG without choking to death -- I can't! Even their highest-PG is only 70/30, which is more than twice as much VG as I can handle, at my usual 86/14 ratio)

That's a great juice calculator Andria, thanks for sharing :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VG is just too thick, it's like trying to breathe jello or something. Nasty stuff. Makes me feel CONSTANTLY like I need to hawk something, but nothing will come up, no matter if I cough till I gag and give myself a nosebleed.

Andria

I've been vaping all PG for a while now Andria. I can handle VG just fine but I like the bit of 'kick' and the extra flavor PG gives me and also the ability to stealth up my cloud when I want to do that.

I've used up all my old VG. Going to have to order some again so I can make better skin and massage lotions.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been wondering how that ratio actually should be stated, so it's pg, then vg, correct?

I've never been able to figure out a standard way of expressing this nadalama, it just seems to me to be dependent on the person stating the ratio. I suspect there is a preference, but then again I've seen preferences come and go a few times in this game :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of auto immune, did you see where congress is trying to slide thru a law making manufacturers of self driving cars and such immune from lawsuits from riders in their self driving cars getting harmed by them wrecking or otherwise messing up?

And a pedestrian was just killed by a self driving Uber cab....
I would rather walk than ride in any vehicle without a driver.and I don't walk worth a fuck either

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would rather walk than ride in any vehicle without a driver.
These driverless vehicles are already responsible for running over someone walking a bicycle across the street, without even trying to slow down. Next, they'll be driving into our homes.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These driverless vehicles are already responsible for running over someone walking a bicycle across the street, without even trying to slow down. Next, they'll be driving into our homes.

Yeah i seen that on the news tonight, I think they should make those illegal. Welcome to the Matrix

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh before you know it it will be illegal to take your car off of self drive.
What better way to keep track of everywhere we go?
Yes and if they ever thought you were an "Enemy Of State" I am sure they will install a way to shut the engine down so you can't escape.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's me too

If I get really dippy for one, I make it without crust just plop the meats on a cast iron skillet, sauce next, fresh onion, garlic and mushrooms - sometimes I might cheat and have a handful of mozzarella on top - and bake for 10 minutes at 350

That sounds more like an omelet than a pizza (... just add an egg or two), but hey, it also sounds REALLY good!! :cheers:

And I love omelets :bliss:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That sounds more like an omelet than a pizza (... just add an egg or two), but hey, it also sounds REALLY good!! :cheers:

And I love omelets :bliss:

When I got banned from eating carbs and processed sugar and everything else I loved to eat last year I thought my life was over, lol

But, once I figured a few things out and went full on Paleo - I realized I don't have to heap my food on top of carbs to enjoy it - now no bread, pasta, rice etc is a lot easier

Sometimes I miss it but whenever I cheat I end up paying for it dearly or it doesn't taste as good as my memory thought it would

Still love the aroma of fresh bread and the like though

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And if the driverless cars run on Windows, the blue screen of death takes on a whole new meaning.
Oh gawd! Driverless cars operating on Windows10. When it decides to spend 4 days getting "an important update", you have to stay home. And God help you if you are on the highway when it decides to download that update.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Oh gawd! Driverless cars operating on Windows10. When it decides to spend 4 days getting "an important update", you have to stay home. And God help you if you are on the highway when it decides to download that update.

That's why we should all buy iCar - windows seriously blows

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I got banned from eating carbs and processed sugar and everything else I loved to eat last year I thought my life was over, lol

But, once I figured a few things out and went full on Paleo - I realized I don't have to heap my food on top of carbs to enjoy it - now no bread, pasta, rice etc is a lot easier

Sometimes I miss it but whenever I cheat I end up paying for it dearly or it doesn't taste as good as my memory thought it would

Still love the aroma of fresh bread and the like though

I didn't want to go as restrictive as the Paleo diet is, I eat mostly fresh veggies, fruit and meat, and snack on fruits with some kind of cheese or other fats. I think I'm pretty low carb, but that's not a priority for me. I'm also fairly low protein as this stuff goes, aiming for about 75 grams of it per day with about 60 from animal sources. I think I may be more Paleo than I think because I don't eat much that's processed, so no breads, pastas and other processed stuff, but I don't worry about it too much :)

I'm pretty imaginative about spicing up my meals so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything in the satisfaction department. I've found I can replace the fat content of meats with other food ingredients that satisfy me so I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

My fails are bread, cookies, fast food, chocolate bars and beer :wait:, but I can mostly overcome those temptations with good alternative recipies that are healthier. And if I want to indulge in a 'bad' food choice once in a while I can keep it down to once a month or so which means it's less than 1% of my diet .. and that's not too bad :)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As long as the liberals stay out if the white house, I don't think we have to worry about driverless cars becoming mandatory. The big automakers are sure to fight it, since those that prefer to drive won't buy big vehicles if they can't drive them.

Oh, and how about cars that won't stop for yard sales? I think I'll keep my minivan.

VU Sponsors