Become a Patron!

old school wraps

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
any one still prefer the old school way of wrapping with spaces? i think this way wicks a lot better since heat is spread out it vapes slower and gives juice more time to move to and through the coil. i think flavor is better for this reason too, what you think?

IMG_0183.png

i havent been vaping for years either so this way of wrapping was just as new to me as a micro coil lol

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrap this way on anything below .5 ohms. I think it gives better/more vapor.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the one in the pic is exactly 1 ohm, that has been my bread and butter coil for like a week or two now.. any higher and it gets too cool for me 1 ohm is perfect imo

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That coil is damn clean for a week of use - I've been thinking of playing with using a machine screw to wrap some evenly spaced coils, just haven't done it yet. Maybe when I get in the Magma that I want to single coil on...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrap all my coils leaving a small space between the loops (about one wire width) for one reason: the crud in-between burns faster when doing a dry burn. I've never found wicking/flavor/vapor production to be any different between tight and loose coils (or between simple and fancier coils either, for that matter). I only wrap coils between 1.3 and 1.8 ohms - they work as well as any coil with regulated mods.

Henry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
a machine screw.....that is an ingenious idea, i have been thinking about making some type of jib, i will have to integrate this idea, thanks

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Woke up quick at about noon, just thought that I had to be in VU soon, got to get vapin before the day begins, before my wife starts bitchen about new threads....,Cause the boys in the forums are always hard, they come drippin their juice and they'll pull your mod....

Old school wraps, just for you guys!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woke up quick at about noon, just thought that I had to be in VU soon, got to get vapin before the day begins, before my wife starts bitchen about new threads....,Cause the boys in the forums are always hard, they come drippin their juice and they'll pull your mod....

Old school wraps, just for you guys!
Thread win.

Absolutely.. To keep the spacing even, I build a macro/micro and pull it apart a bit.
Tiger coil on RSST .7 ohm
IMG_1247.JPG

VU Sponsors