Become a Patron!

Old spinners from 2013 safe?

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a vision spinner 2013, a smok version of the same, and a wider and larger smok battery with 3 aspire et tanks as far as I can guess from researching the products. I charge them from a wall/usb charger that was sold to me with the setups a couple years ago.

One of the "batteries" was left in a jeep for quite a while in sunny S. Florida, like more than a week.
This was before I knew anything about battery safety. That battery was used yesterday and doesn't act any different from the others that were stored in only climate controlled areas. lol (I am keeping that for emergencies unless someone says to absolutely toss it)

Is it safe to use these old devices? Are these spinners little pipe bombs?

Here is a photo of one with the larger battery on it:
2017-01-11-10-46-23-jpg.71216

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The two that were stored properly... if they were functioning normally at the time they were put away, they should be fine. They just might not last as long since the charge cycle was stopped.

As for the one from the Jeep... well, you've already ran the test on that one :rolleyes: You're lucky! I would just keep an eye on this one, if it malfunctions in anyway it's best to dispose of it.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the response!
I just rediscovered the possibility of tootlepuffing with these things! When I tried them to quit smoking a few years ago, I would cough immediately after taking a puff. I failed miserably. It turns out that that much PG irritates me immediately.

My neighbors tootlepuff with max VG as that is the juice they buy and like so I broke out these old puffers while my 18650s for the Smok alien were charging.

I have already enjoyed a few stealth vapes in the local grocery due to this and don't want to give it up. lol

I have just been scared cause they made me sick and coughing with the juice I initially had with them, then the fact that they were old was kind of scary. I prefer to keep the teeth I have left. :-I

I do tend to hit them hard at times, but if it is safe then they will get some use. Some of the juices that are way too intense for me with sub ohming are fine in these things. I have already given away some juice due to this issue, but no more if I can tootle puff it.

I have the olfactory and gustatory sense from hell and back. Supertasting is a curse I tells ya!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks for the response!
I just rediscovered the possibility of tootlepuffing with these things! When I tried them to quit smoking a few years ago, I would cough immediately after taking a puff. I failed miserably. It turns out that that much PG irritates me immediately.

My neighbors tootlepuff with max VG as that is the juice they buy and like so I broke out these old puffers while my 18650s for the Smok alien were charging.

I have already enjoyed a few stealth vapes in the local grocery due to this and don't want to give it up. lol

I have just been scared cause they made me sick and coughing with the juice I initially had with them, then the fact that they were old was kind of scary. I prefer to keep the teeth I have left. :-I

I do tend to hit them hard at times, but if it is safe then they will get some use. Some of the juices that are way too intense for me with sub ohming are fine in these things. I have already given away some juice due to this issue, but no more if I can tootle puff it.

I have the olfactory and gustatory sense from hell and back. Supertasting is a curse I tells ya!

DO NOT SUB OHM ON THESE! These batteries are not designed for sub ohm. Most of the "ego" type batteries can only take 1.5ohm coils or higher. You need to check the specs on the specific ones you have.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DO NOT SUB OHM ON THESE! These batteries are not designed for sub ohm. Most of the "ego" type batteries can only take 1.5ohm coils or higher. You need to check the specs on the specific ones you have.

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS FOR ME AND OTHERS!:cloud::bomb:
I WILL NOT EVEN TRY!:cloud::bomb:

The coils I have used were the ones from back then that are 1.8!
Now I wouldn't mind learning how to build these, but worst case, I will buy these coils.

Now that you mention it...

Is it OK to rewrap a coil that was not burnt, but I pulled apart by accident when cleaning old burnt crap off of as I attempted to wipe out with a twisted piece of paper towel? What is the metal used for the wiring? Can I just get kanthal and make a coil (tested to be 1.8 or more of course and making sure pos and neg are in place when built)?

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to clarify. I will only be using these spinners with the tanks and coils designed for them as far as I know. I wouldn't mind getting different tanks (glass and stainless) but the connection is totally different than the male connection that would fit into my Smok Alien mod.

I really wouldn't ever attempt something more powerful on these little guys. That just goes against everything I have read here on this forum. I like my life to be explosion and burn free, if it is possible.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That curse can be a bonus! You can buy liquids at a higher mg and cut them down with VG until the flavor suits your tastes and get much more bang for your buck. Some of us use unflavored and just add a little premixed liquid to their liking. Celebrate that sensitivity!

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That curse can be a bonus! You can buy liquids at a higher mg and cut them down with VG until the flavor suits your tastes and get much more bang for your buck. Some of us use unflavored and just add a little premixed liquid to their liking. Celebrate that sensitivity!
Yep. I already cut with VG. lol

VU Sponsors