Older Products Still worth Getting?

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by KingPin!, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Just Frank

Just Frank Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Do you know where I can get one of these for a reasonable price?

f1r3b1rd likes this.
  2. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I never miss a chance to post my blizzard survivor :). Istick pico 75W with Griffin 22-
    1206171136a.jpg
    The pico is literally solid lol. I suspect it was ran over a few times. I dropped in the middle of a street while Christmas shopping. I recovered it days later.

The Griffin has been around a while now. Its my favorite 22MM RTA.

burley, Letitia9, Carambrda and 3 others like this.
  3. KingPin!

KingPin! Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Now that’s a beater mod!

:cheers:

Letitia9, FoggyRoad and Just Frank like this.
  4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Dang tank is bigger than the mod...

Letitia9, Just Frank and FoggyRoad like this.
  5. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    That's an atty I was wondering about, for my son -- how's the airflow? He likes a very-airy MtL -- a Subtank Mini open at least halfway, or more. Can the Griffin do that? I saw that Kidney Puncher did have them on a fandamntastic sale, but when I tried to add it to my cart, it said it was out of stock -- but I notice that they're not terribly expensive anywhere, probably because they've been out for a while. The review I read of it said it was great for thicker VG-based juice, so that's a good thing, since he likes 50/50 or more VG, and that it was a terrific flavor atty, even better than the STM, but it didn't say a lot about the airflow.

Andria

Letitia9 and FoggyRoad like this.
  6. conanthewarrior

conanthewarrior Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I haven't actually bought anything new in a while, my last purchase mod wise was a Broadside clone with a Goon. It just got to the stage where I had too much to use, and still do really.

With things such as RTA's, they tend to just be modifications to already existing designs, and some of these work very well as they are. If something works in the way I want it too, the age doesn't matter, and you will likely get a saving too.

burley, Letitia9, FoggyRoad and 2 others like this.
  7. conanthewarrior

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I have one of those somewhere, it was my first RDA!

I have great memories of using that on my Sig 30W mini, with 28-30G wire, feeling like I was learning something really exciting and getting the most I could from what I had.
    It is a really nice RDA, can be closed off or have plenty of airflow depending what you like.

Over at TPOTV I started a thread about limiting yourself to just one RDA or tank, and one low power mod. It was quite fun, pushing what you have as far as you can instead of slapping in any build and turning the power up.

Letitia9 and KingPin! like this.
  8. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    That could be a really interesting concept there for a VU build challenge thread you know Mate

See who can get the most from x amount of restrictions (whatever the challenge is that month etc) might also help budding buildings to get some ideas across different scenarios and atty types!

Would need to drum up some buy in from everyone though, I’m sure some in the builders corner would be up for it

9. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    This interests me, in terms of, getting the most flavor from a single-coil, non-fancy, above-1-ohm way -- people STILL seem to have this insane idea that a) you need subohm if you're a REAL vaper, and b) you HAVE TO subohm if you use an RDA... and neither is true. There IS more to vaping than who can fog up the room the fastest.

Andria

10. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    sure thing that could be one of the challenges for sure although I lack a MTL for it at the moment doesn’t stop everyone else having a go though,

Im easy to go with popular demand. I could always start a new thread just for throwing ideas in the ring if you think it would be better :)

Could even put a vote in there before we start or something then share ideas and tips as we go in any particular challenge

Letitia9 likes this.
  11. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    Tell me about it..
    1206171552.jpg

Letitia9, The Cromwell and KingPin! like this.
  12. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    But MO Power and bigger sells more vape stuff!
    And Mericans are by and large suckers for buying stuff they don't really need.

Not totally excluding myself on that.

conanthewarrior and Letitia9 like this.
  13. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Honestly, no. I got mine from creme de vape back when they came out.
    You might want to try vapinart or the classies. It's pretty much a staple of the old tootlepuffer gear.

BAM crew

Letitia9 and Just Frank like this.
  14. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Notice how I'm not running after the latest fad in ANYTHING????????? I know what *I* like, and really don't give a rat's ass about the opinions of others. They can do what THEY like. I'm that creature which has been feared and loathed for the entire history of humanity.... an individual who thinks for myself.

Andria

The Cromwell likes this.
  15. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yeah we are not very popular to those who desire to use us for their gain are we?

AndriaD and Letitia9 like this.
  16. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I have an old GT. It says "No. 6642" on the piece that connects to the chimmney. The plastic cracked on the side. Maybe I'd have better luck replacing that from FT. I'll search around and see what I can come up with. The thing creates fantastic flavor.

Letitia9 likes this.
  17. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The Hellfire Shorty.....all the purple sub-ohm tanks in China wouldn't buy you one of these......

[​IMG]

Letitia9 and spr258 like this.
  18. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I'm quite sure that if I had lived in New England in the 17th century, I would have been burnt at the stake. Because I venture to entertain my own opinions without outside interference -- the puritans can't be having that!

Andria

FoggyRoad and Letitia9 like this.
  19. conanthewarrior

Blog Posts:
    We should start a thread and try something like this, it could be fun, when I did it for a week it made me remember the fun I had when I first got into building and using what I had.

I do use a lot of different tanks/ RDA's, but one of my favourite at the moment is a Haze dripper tank with a 0.9 build at 23W. It is about staying away from smoking, not fogging things up :)

20. FoggyRoad

FoggyRoad Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    What's not to love when you get a satisfying vape and 2.4ml of juice will last all day?

Letitia9 likes this.
  21. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    who would have thought so many cloudy bros with 100 watt mods have a closet tootle puffer fetish.....LOL...

22. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I agree -- my son is a very moderate vaper, though he generates a good deal more vapor than I do; he builds to around .5 ohm, and usually stays somewhere around 20-22 watts, and generally vapes something like 50/50 PG/VG.

That's what I keep saying, about my 1.5-2 ohm builds, 9.5-ish watts, and somewhere around 5ml daily. I've lately been asked, several times, questions on the order of "Bro, do you even vape?" because people who've started recently have NO FUCKING CLUE what vaping was like, before 2015. I LIKE cartos, but my juice is too gunky to make cartos practical. I use what is arguably the BEST tight-draw RDA ever made, the Achilles -- some call that kind of tight draw "golfball thru a garden hose," but it feels like a very easy draw to me -- it's easier than the draw from a cigarette.

The amount and thickness of the vapor I exhale is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT; what IS relevant is how it feels GOING IN -- the nice draw which feels similar to those 39 yrs I spend sucking on cigarettes; the throat hit, though I've gradually eased off that a good bit -- and the excellent flavor, better than any tobacco ever grown. After all that, I exhale, and it's very similar to what I exhaled when I smoked, so it's a great facsimile -- which is the ENTIRE POINT OF VAPING -- substituting for smoking. NOT creating weather and annoying everyone else in the house.

Andria

FoggyRoad likes this.
  23. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy It's the Most Magical Time of The Year! VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    There are 2 main types: Throat hit and vapor production.

Personally, I find I actually get both since I'm still at 18nic. I get so much pleasure and satisfaction out of a mouth full of dense vapor. I don't want to blow it through a room, but I only inhale to about the center of my chest plate. COPD or not, that's what works for me.

Then you have the butt wipes who abuse the nicotine reduction alternative and make all vapers look like idiots.

FoggyRoad and AndriaD like this.
  24. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    For me the nicotine is no longer an issue. have been at 1.5mg for over a month.
    However I still need the act of vaping/smoking.
    so it is the actions and the massive vapor I get from a Subtank Mini RBA at 18 watts or the clowdz bro clowdz I get squonking at 25-35 watts.
    Throat hit never was an issue for me for some reason.

Letitia9 likes this.
  25. FoggyRoad

FoggyRoad Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Oldies that I'm waiting for:

I have high hopes for these. Basically a 3ml evod type with 510 base. $1.20ea
    GS H5
    s-l400.jpg

A couple packs of these. Should last a looooong time since I'm able to rebuild them.

222687809916_1.jpg

And what the hey for .99 cent I grabbed another ego adapter for my Vision Victory tank. (5ml Evod-esque tank)

322612657453_1.jpg

burley, KingPin! and Letitia9 like this.