Become a Patron!

Older Products Still worth Getting?

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTAs are the hardest things to build well, but once you do get the right combination of coil and wicking you are golden. If you get one RTA down exactly as you like it then why look for a new one, unless you like going over and over that process.
I don't think there has been much innovation and really there can't be - nearly all atomisers are roughly the same size and shape - there isn't going to be a lot of innovation going on. Move a post a mm, slightly offset the post holes, different shaped airflow holes....there aren't a ton of things you can do. I had a look at all the new mesh variations of rda/rta - my conclusion is - nope....they are bullshit.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A lot of wannabe reviewers are going to jump down my throat for this one.

I am going to tell you exactly what they will say / have said in the past about the issue.

The product: The Boreas V1 RTA (it can be got for $19 pretty easily)

What they will say/have said in the past:

"The Boreas V1 is old news.
I have personally reviewed 80 RTA's since it's release and told my subscribers that they should buy 60 of them.
There are 2 or 3 RTA's that are way better then the Boreas. Rta #1, RTA #2, and RTA #3"

Now how brilliant would you have been to buy 60 RTAs to find 2 or 3 that in a reviewers opinion are better then the Boreas V1 but they cost double to three times as much money?

I decided to put my $1,800 (60 RTAs at an lowball average of $30 each) to better use and I still have 5 really nice Boreas RTAs and paid about as much as a carton of Newport cost in New York city for ALL FIVE of them

Unfortunately, way to many people take a person with a camera, made up title and YouTube channel far too seriously.

But what do I know, my newest rta is over a year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately, way to many people take a person with a camera, made up title and YouTube channel far too seriously.

But what do I know, my newest rta is over a year old.

My newest RTA is an original Serpent RTA. Had some newer but gave them away.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
RTAs are the hardest things to build well, but once you do get the right combination of coil and wicking you are golden. If you get one RTA down exactly as you like it then why look for a new one, unless you like going over and over that process.
I don't think there has been much innovation and really there can't be - nearly all atomisers are roughly the same size and shape - there isn't going to be a lot of innovation going on. Move a post a mm, slightly offset the post holes, different shaped airflow holes....there aren't a ton of things you can do. I had a look at all the new mesh variations of rda/rta - my conclusion is - nope....they are bullshit.
2 reasons
1.we are in search of the holy grail of flavor.....but you are right there is a limit to how flavorful a vape is er going to be and my griffin 22s, mini 25s and even aromamizer supreme have the same flavor with the same coils
2. for em at least I have not found the PERFECT ATTY. while i love my griffin 22s the jfc is press fitted and becomes way to loose very quickly, the 25 mini's build deck is slightly annoying and the juice leakes when you open the tank up to get to the deck. the aromamizer is annoying that I have to removed the atty from the mod to get to the deck the install the deck back on the mod to work on it. The ammit I got a week or so ago though has been almost perfect, but I am having a hell of a time getting the wicking right. SO I havent found the perfect atty for me yet, but I found several nearly perfect for me ones. I can look at most attys and tell if Its even possible for me to like better then what I have,so I try out very few new ones. The Zeus, kylin blitz all seem great but I know they aint for me. Only thing out right now I want to try is the ammit 25

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.....but you are right there is a limit to how flavorful a vape is er going to be and my griffin 22s, mini 25s and even aromamizer supreme have the same flavor with the same coils

I have to agree with you on this Matt, for the most part. There are some differences between the best atties in flavor, but it is quite subtle.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just watched videos on Genesis attys and decided I wanted no part of them :)

In 2013 I vaped an AGA-T for the better part of the year and it was fantastic when it was set up right. Back then it was hard to get that kind of performance from anything else other than a dripper. But man, talk about the occasional burnt hit from hell! After a while I learned to always take a short test drag before the main event.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
In 2013 I vaped an AGA-T for the better part of the year and it was fantastic when it was set up right. Back then it was hard to get that kind of performance from anything else other than a dripper. But man, talk about the occasional burnt hit from hell! After a while I learned to always take a short test drag before the main event.

I had the AGA-T2
I think the only difference was the tank was glass.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had three setups in my rotation for the last few days. The Rose V3 on the left came out in 2016, as did the DoggyStyle in the middle, the Mutation X V1 in 2014 and the Nemesis in 2013.

2v10pw2.jpg

The Rose was my favorite tank for quite a while until I tried the DoggyStyle a little while ago. They are #2 and #1 now :). I was using the Nemesis and MX V1 to test some batteries lately, vaped them and still really like them. Honorable mention goes to the Vicious Ant Cyclone dripper from 2013 which I used on a Reo Grand. Another really great vape, which I would still very happily use if I ever squonk again.

Hell yes, older vape gear is still very relevant. I would not go back to bottom fill atties or atties that have juice passageways that are too small, but there is no reason to avoid the older hardware out there that works well.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I want to know how you got the grass to grow so green in your bathroom?

Mine always turns to mud beside the shower and the rest usually dies in a few weeks.o_O

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My newest RTA is an original Serpent RTA. Had some newer but gave them away.

I love the serpent mini(original not smm)

It’s my rta for on the go, not much juice capacity but the flavor makes up for it. Bonus that you can get great performance with not much power

VU Sponsors