Become a Patron!

Oldest brand new bottle you have got

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's the oldest brand new bottle of juice you have bought if it does have a born on date to go by? I bought 2 bottles of custard monster blueberry custard and the born on date is March 2021. Just curios if anyone else looks at the dates and what most people think might be too old for an unopened bottle.

Thanks
Mreeveshp

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This won't directly answer your question, but I would go by the condition of the e-liquid more than I would the date.

I've had brand new bottles of juice that I decided not to vape because the color was too dark and the flavor was muted. Then I have some juice that I mixed myself over two years ago that is still just fine. It's clear, not oxidized, and tastes good.

If you decide to open and start using one of the bottles you bought, it might be wise to keep the other bottle in the fridge until you're ready to open it.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This won't directly answer your question, but I would go by the condition of the e-liquid more than I would the date.

I've had brand new bottles of juice that I decided not to vape because the color was too dark and the flavor was muted. Then I have some juice that I mixed myself over two years ago that is still just fine. It's clear, not oxidized, and tastes good.

If you decide to open and start using one of the bottles you bought, it might be wise to keep the other bottle in the fridge until you're ready to open it.
Normally I look at if it had darkened and have got a bottle or two from this store that is noticeably darker and flavor wasn't quite as good (different flavors). They didn't have the blueberry lemonade by lemonade monster that I normally get so I figured I like blueberry and custard and it's the same brand it's worth a shot but when I got home and opened the box I noticed the born on date. Since I've never had this flavor I don't have anything to go on whether this is darker than normal or if it's about normal for it to be dark. The smell isn't bad and I know some people do the drop on the finger and taste it but I've had some that the drop of juice tastes great but vaping it is awful and vice versa.

I'm changing my wicks today from the watermelon lemonade that I've been vaping and haven't decided if I'm going to try the blueberry custard first or use the new bottle of candy king gush.

Thank you for the tip about keeping it in the fridge, I've never heard that one before. It might just be time for me to find a different store (all stores near me are tobacco that happen to sell vape stuff stores) or might just have to start ordering online only. I liked this store since they have a punch card and buy 5 bottles get 1 free, but they also just raised prices, 16.99 for 60ml, 19.99 for 100ml and 21.99 for 120ml

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This is my oldest.
I don't think it's any good because it wasn't this dark in 2014. :giggle:

Totally Wicked - Menthol 36 mg/ml (not nic salt)
The date says 11/14 - 05/16

Screenshot_20230429_174516_Gallery.jpg

I have a bunch of bottles of eliquid from 2018 that are still fine.
I have found that the eliquids that don't turn dark really fast are the ones that keep the best.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is my oldest.

View attachment 204205

I have found that the eliquids that don't turn dark really fast are the ones that keep the best.
Wow that's one for the historians, that was either to close to the time I switched to vape or still using cigs. I found an old bottle with no date that was a orange when I bought it as a new vaper and it was completely black, I just binned that one it wasn't that good anyway.

Definitely plenty of steep time on a 2014 bottle.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is my oldest.

View attachment 204205

You might turn into The Incredible Hulk if you vape that stuff. Decisions, decisions..... šŸ¤£

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have an unopened bottle of Vapewild strawberry cheesecake that I have had for some time. I miss Vapewild ā˜¹ļø I also have an unopened bottle of steezcake stashed away.IMG_7103.jpeg

Last edited:

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes sir. Thats where I bought it. I remember you. Been a minute. I also loved your gingerbread man. Those two were amongst my favorites!
I love strawberries but can't stand strawberry juice anymore, maybe I burned out on mother's milk a long time ago, but gingerbread sounds interesting.
I got 4 bottles of suicide bunny the og because I used to get it all the time when a local store carried it, but the bottles I got tasted like candle wax so that's over $100 gone and over 500ml just sitting, maybe they will get better with a little more age.
I had a horchata flavor one time because it was buy 1 get 2 free, got home and tried ot and absolutely hated it. One day I ran out of juice and the stores were closed so I figured I can push through it but after it sat a year it tasted absolutely amazing and I went through it in no time

VU Sponsors