Become a Patron!

On a quest to find the perfect Pie Crust

livelongvapeon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have recently been searching for a good pie crust concentrate and feel like no one can get it right! I have OOO's and it smells and tastes like popcorn to me, I also have TFA's and it smells like chemicals and barely has any taste. I have tried mixing these as single profiles as well as in recipes at many different percentages but haven't had any luck.

So my question to you all is, what do you do/use to get that perfect pie crust? What is the best pie crust concentrate on the market? What percentages and recipes do you have in your arsenal? I am basically looking for the type of crust CAP has in their lemon meringue pie, that flaky buttery goodness.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have never made a pie crust but my Graham Blends have turned out well maybe this will point you in the direction of your solution.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I make it from scratch since there's not one flavor that produces this for me. Some come close but need lots of assistance and if I'm already build, I might do it right from the start.

Depending what I'm looking for its mostly a mix out of purilum, flavorah, tfa or/and fw and then go from there. Cap, fa very disappointing in their bakery attempts for me personally. Ooo is very good for creams and dairy, not so much with fruits, cereal or already pre mixed bakeries.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have recently been searching for a good pie crust concentrate and feel like no one can get it right! I have OOO's and it smells and tastes like popcorn to me, I also have TFA's and it smells like chemicals and barely has any taste. I have tried mixing these as single profiles as well as in recipes at many different percentages but haven't had any luck.

So my question to you all is, what do you do/use to get that perfect pie crust? What is the best pie crust concentrate on the market? What percentages and recipes do you have in your arsenal? I am basically looking for the type of crust CAP has in their lemon meringue pie, that flaky buttery goodness.

Thank you! I'd like to know that as well! :)

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

VU Sponsors