Become a Patron!

On Blending Nic.

Ok did a look around and found a few threads so Im going to assume I wont get banned for talking about this.
But somebody needs to address these issues. Too many people using e-cig without understanding the basics. Cant be a good thing.

How do you blend nicotine.
Nicotine is a poor solvent in PG.
Its almost insoluble in VG.

I hate PG. And want to order my base in the right way. And at the same time need to know how to blend.

Every bottle of blended nic I have purchased comes with a warning shake before use.
Why ?. If it had blended you would not need to shake. So safe to assume separation is happening.

Second point. Nicotine pure 100% Natural Nicotine stinks.
And does have a peppery effect in your nose on the exhale.

This is the nature of Nicotine. Weather you like it or not.

Now I see this fad / craze for buying Nic which has no smell. And which has no effect on your flavor and has no peppery effect on the nose.

Rather than jump on the band wagon and scream about it. Im rather worried as to what are they doing to the Nic. That is changing its character so so much. Id be very very weary.

I have this sneaky feeling that vendors have been mixing in stuff in their bases for ages to hide the smell and change the nature of Nic.

As a person who is obsessed with 100% Natural Vaping. And 100% VG Juices only.
I need help understanding whats going on.

I need to know how to blend my nic. And I need to know what base I should get my nic in.
One of the reasons for getting my own nic and going DIY was I dont trust the market.
I get my stuff. Pay to have it tested in a lab for purity. And then Im set with that vendor.
You may think its simple. Maybe in your country. In my country I had to buy VG from over 20 diffirent sources. All Claiming to be Pharma Grade before finding the right vendor. And in the bargain found that there are so many many types of VG. There is the Lab Grade stuff VG Reagent 99.9% pure. Then you have your Palm oil VG. Then you have single distilled and double distilled. Then you have your Synthetic VG.
All taste a little different.

My 2 cents to the community. Keep buying from various sources. You will one day find one that you really like. Dont be the kind who buys from one vendor and then forms an opinion on VG. or PG for that matter.

Any help on how to blend nic would be nice. I believe separation even happens in the 10 ML bottles you mix or buy. What going on with the nic in the market. If your a vendor and dont want to post. Consider sending me a PM. I have a wealth of useful info Im open to sharing. On everything from natural oils, extracts, nic, steeping and blending.

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok did a look around and found a few threads so Im going to assume I wont get banned for talking about this.
But somebody needs to address these issues. Too many people using e-cig without understanding the basics. Cant be a good thing.

How do you blend nicotine.
Nicotine is a poor solvent in PG.
Its almost insoluble in VG.

I hate PG. And want to order my base in the right way. And at the same time need to know how to blend.

Every bottle of blended nic I have purchased comes with a warning shake before use.
Why ?. If it had blended you would not need to shake. So safe to assume separation is happening.

Second point. Nicotine pure 100% Natural Nicotine stinks.
And does have a peppery effect in your nose on the exhale.

This is the nature of Nicotine. Weather you like it or not.

Now I see this fad / craze for buying Nic which has no smell. And which has no effect on your flavor and has no peppery effect on the nose.

Rather than jump on the band wagon and scream about it. Im rather worried as to what are they doing to the Nic. That is changing its character so so much. Id be very very weary.

I have this sneaky feeling that vendors have been mixing in stuff in their bases for ages to hide the smell and change the nature of Nic.

As a person who is obsessed with 100% Natural Vaping. And 100% VG Juices only.
I need help understanding whats going on.

I need to know how to blend my nic. And I need to know what base I should get my nic in.
One of the reasons for getting my own nic and going DIY was I dont trust the market.
I get my stuff. Pay to have it tested in a lab for purity. And then Im set with that vendor.
You may think its simple. Maybe in your country. In my country I had to buy VG from over 20 diffirent sources. All Claiming to be Pharma Grade before finding the right vendor. And in the bargain found that there are so many many types of VG. There is the Lab Grade stuff VG Reagent 99.9% pure. Then you have your Palm oil VG. Then you have single distilled and double distilled. Then you have your Synthetic VG.
All taste a little different.

My 2 cents to the community. Keep buying from various sources. You will one day find one that you really like. Dont be the kind who buys from one vendor and then forms an opinion on VG. or PG for that matter.

Any help on how to blend nic would be nice. I believe separation even happens in the 10 ML bottles you mix or buy. What going on with the nic in the market. If your a vendor and dont want to post. Consider sending me a PM. I have a wealth of useful info Im open to sharing. On everything from natural oils, extracts, nic, steeping and blending.

I will attempt to answer your questions..

Why shake?
When mixing nic and other bases, it more or less homogonizes into the base. sometimes nicotine being especially lighter than VG can separate and cause "hot spots".. Same way pure milk-fat separates from the milk.. so shake just to make sure it is well mixed. at nic percentages of 30% or higher in VG there will surely be a separation if frozen, and some at room temp.

SMELL?
The pure nicotine does have a hardcore smell of NICOTINE.. I smell it quite often, although I am in a 12 step program to help that addiction.. ;) Just kidding, I do not recommend anyone go around smelling pure nicotine., and it is very strong but not what I would call "stink" it is very earthy . although in my nicotine I smell no pepper in the pure.The pepper is either due to oxidation, or the carrier for the nicotine. The nature of nicotine and how it is processed and cut has to do with pepper, due to the afore mentioned issues.

Bandwagon:
Nicotine only has to be 98% to be considered USP grade. for patches lozenges and gums. Before there was vaping. Yes something is being done with the nicotine that is clean and no pepper.. It is going through a final wash, and then when I receive it, I handle it and cut it in a way which respects the fact that nicotine is a very, very delicate chemical, and degrades easily and quickly in the presence of light and oxygen.

Adding substances to base:

I dont know what you speak of, I don't know of anything that actually " hides" the profile of pepper and burn that nicotine causes. it just wasnt cleaned up very well in the first place, or handled improperly.

I need to know how to blend my nic. And I need to know what base I should get my nic in???

The above question is too vague. what is your starting nic base?

Then you say this closing:
If your a vendor and dont want to post. Consider sending me a PM. I have a wealth of useful info Im open to sharing. On everything from natural oils, extracts, nic, steeping and blending.

Then why do you need to know how to blend your nic if you know how?

I don't mind discussing, but you ask questions,then at the end state you know all about it.. Im just a bit confuzzled.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what is being asked either, but I can say that I've moved over to Vaperstek nic as the cleanest I've found. I'm fairly intolerant to VG, so my base is always in PG. And I always shake well before breaking up into glass bottles to go in the freezer, as well as the nic I premix into my base. My diy flavors change very little in this nic when I add nicotine.

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was reading along and then sorta hit the brick wall of you basically know everything that is needed to know plus some with the last part about sending you a PM, Though I believe Vaperstek did the best response to this that could be done, without any real question being asked other than how to blend you nicotine, perhaps if you could break the post down further into the exact questions your needing answered that you do not already have the answers to?

I have tried a few different nicotines, and recently won a liter from Vaperstek and can not wait to try it, and would have to agree most of the liquids I have made that had a peppery taste (For lack of better explanation) after doing alot of research found most of these were nicotines that were "dirty" or improperly handled during their processing. I like Amanda do pg bases but I am still thinking you need to perhaps just put out the questions you do not already have the answers to, or the ones you have answers to but want a different perspective on.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So far the cleanest nic I have tried is from Vapers Tek. Great customer service as well. Where do you buy pharma grade vg?

I did not expect people to take to the post nicely. That is ok. The idea was to get at least a few people to stop think and wonder.
I hope that much was achieved.
The key on this issue becomes what pure nic should smell like. (When diluted to low %).
The pepper reference I made is to the effect it has on the nose when you exhale not that it smells like pepper.

Nicotine does not have an earthy smell. It has a Fishy smell. Based on the hundreds of documents I have studied. Since taste and smell differ from person to person. Id rather go by what the books say.
Rather than us debate this why don't we just go to technical papers on the subject. We have documents on Nic both natural, Synthetic, Nicotine + and Nicotine - Or are you telling me that there have been some magical developments in the processing of nicotine that the scientific community has no idea about. And only a select few vendors in the world have figured it out. And they are only in America. A country that doesn't even make its own nic last time I checked. Or did not till very recently.
Right Ill buy that.
For now I will continue to source my nic from every corner of the world. Keep getting it tested in labs and keep using it. I have yet to see anything under 99%. By the way. Needless to say all the Nic sold in the US is sourced from either china or India.
Ive tried pretty much every vendor in the USA at 100 MG. A few from China and few from India. Its not to hard to track the supply chain.
American Nic till this latest fad for zero smell zero taste started is pretty high standard no questions about that. Not been disappointed with a single purchase to date. And no matter who the vendor they all taste and smell the same.

Im into blending natural herbal oils. Like Holy Sage, Clove, Wintergreen etc. They pose their own challenges. Just as blending nic does. Maybe if people knew just how insoluble Nic was in VG. And what risks they run. They would make the right choice when picking a base.
Spent hundreds of hours reading posts on pretty much every e-cig forum. Not once did I see any discussion the how nicotine does or doesn't blend in VG vs PG. One would think its a subject worth discussing. So that vaping becomes safer for all.

Bottom line is this. Commercial interests come first. Everything else after.

Im going to put my tin foil hat on now and vanish. My work here is done. I do realize people who rock boats are not liked. You should shut up and sit the f@## down.

Dont worry. Im not living in your country. I will not be selling anything to anybody in your country. I only import e-cig stuff from the USA.
My own country. E-Cig will be banned shortly. And if that happens I plan to return to analogues. After my stash runs out.
Now where is that hat.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not sure that you rocked a boat or offended anyone, I think you just confused people because you appear to have written a lot of words but not really said much or asked any real questions because the one question you have, you state that you'd rather stick to what you have read in "scientific papers" and therefore don't really want the input of others.

Honestly, not really sure what you point was...

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm. Just to let you in on something when you start a thread it actually helps if you write it like your starting a conversation and not in the wacky way you did because it frankly reads like we all just walked in mid way through a argument and we are scratching our heads trying to figure out what the fuck you are talking about.

Secondly for someone so worried about nic and safety I find if laughable you talk about blending oils which frankly are about the worst things you can vape because your lungs have a really hard time absorbing the oils and it builds up and can and has caused people breathing issues.

Maybe pure nicotine does smell "fishy" but guess what? We do not get pure nicotine its diluted way down just to get to 100 mg. Smell differs from person to person and thats just a fact as you pointed out then decided to just flat out ignore. I think my farts smell like glory and excellence but my cat and ex-girlfriend will tell you it smells like death and pestilence with a hint of skunk.

Im actually surprised people have reacted so nice because you really come off very douchey.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think there is some communication break down going on here. The OP is from India and I imagine things are quite different there.

To the OP, you say you have studied 100's of documents and it is great you are researching this. Can you provide links to any of this info? We are always willing to "hear you out" but it is nice to have some facts to back up what you say. Just sayin' ..........

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't the foggiest clue what the OP is actually trying to say, or who he's arguing with (himself I suppose?) LOL

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
UGGGhh....

OK, It is early, but I will attempt to form whole readable sentences.

There are many things that go into processing nicotine chinoy, you have read that chinoy, thats cool. You say its fishy when cut, I can agree with that, but there can also be a very horrible rubbery petroleum scent and taste as well.

There is at least one company that I am aware of that is in the process of extracting nicotine in the USA.

The nicotine I sell actually goes through a proprietary clean-up process to get it cleaner. As far as I know, no one elses els'es umm else's oh, you get my point,lol uses this proprietary method of a final clean up. This is why VT nicotine is so clean. It will oxidize just as any other nicotine if kept in wrong storage conditions.

Some people are allergic to PG and have to have VG in their base. It has been discussed many times, me thinks you just missed the discussions.

You want the cleanest nicotine you have ever not tried? Order some VT nicotine, then you will understand why people like it so much. You see there comes a point in industry's where someone puts in the time, the effort, to think " you know there may be better out there somewhere". I put in that effort and time and it paid off, not only for me, A vaper , but for vapers. NO bragging intended, as it is a normal step in the evolution of industry's. We have mods and all sorts of revolutionary vaping equipment, but the nicotine has been what it has been because no one knew/ knows it could be better,we were happy with "degrees" of pepper and fishiness and rubber, as this is all we have known up to this point.

I really have no response to your commercial interests is all that matters, because not only do I not see that in myself, but I see it in other aspects of vaping as well. Its about getting out a better product for the masses. "DAMN BIG TOBACCO, FULL STEAM AHEAD"!!!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good on you for answering, @Vaperstek.

I still don't know why this is even a thing. Let's ask; why is one wine better than another? For the exact reasons stated above.
Evolution of industry + time/effort = better product.
Are they adding things to the grapes that make the wine better? Are they adding things to the wine itself to make it better? Maybe some crappy wineries do. Some wineries just make a superior product, and keep it to a higher standard.
Same with Nic, duh. (like VapersTek)
That's like saying, "You can't make a better wine, because it all involves the same process, and it all comes from grapes. There's no deviation. The earth is flat. The earth of wine making is flat..."

Last edited:

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OP, just buy VT nic already . Then you will see a world of difference and you can start stashing away hoards of it so you won't have to go back to cigarettes.

VU Sponsors