Become a Patron!

On Feb 26 the FCC will vote to save net neutrality...Have your say now and stop the ISP shake down!

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sign the petition and save the Internet as we know it now or have the ISP's slowing/blocking and charging more for Internet use This Includes "Vaping Underground" ...SO LET'S STOP THE SHAKE DOWN!
https://www.battleforthenet.com/

What is said in the petition

"Dear Senators and Representatives:

There is no doubt that the public wants real Net Neutrality. Right now, the Federal Communications Commission is on the brink of fixing a decade of bad policies and preventing ISPs from discriminating online.

In short: Let the FCC do its job. Right now the agency has no authority over the most important communications medium ever created. By reclassifying Internet-access service under Title II of the Communications Act, the FCC can protect Internet users from online discrimination and blocking. Any other approach will fall short.

Don't put the public in the slow lane. Protect real Net Neutrality now.

Thank you,"
A Humorous but must watch video about net neutrality if you don't know about it
How the End of Net Neutrality Will Affect You

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sure. Why should ISPs get to fuck over everybody on BOTH ends of the pipe?
Thanks Bob...This will effect everyone living in the US one way or another... The sad part is they don't even have the best speeds anyway
The U.S. ranks 33rd in internet download speeds
Top ten In Internet speed in the world
  1. Hong Kong (72.54 Mbps)
  2. Singapore (58.73 Mbps)
  3. Romania (56.69 Mbps)
  4. South Korea (52.35 Mbps)
  5. Japan (42.28 Mbps)
  6. Andorra (42.08 Mbps)
  7. Sweden (41.39 Mbps)
  8. Lithuania (40.48 Mbps)
  9. Switzerland (40.35 Mbps)
  10. Macau (40.25 Mbps)

bobsyeruncle

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any of which should be more than enough to be able to read a few websites. That is before the ISPs start throttling those non-preferred sites.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Bump to save the Internet as we know it...Please sign it if you haven't yet...This effects VU too...VU could be slower or even blocked if VU don't pay more to the ISP's

Last edited:

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Vaping Underground is not hosted in America - we did that on purpose for such issues.
Though I still don't want to see any regulation of the internet!

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vaping Underground is not hosted in America - we did that on purpose for such issues.
Though I still don't want to see any regulation of the internet!
It will still effect you and everyone In the US..Anyone with a US ISP... @VaporJoes...They will throttle down your site to every US Citizen

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@VaporJoes ... This is very impotent for everyone...you have more power then me on here to get the message out...All i'm asking is if you could look into this a bit more and maybe make a sticky or a public note about this matter with the link I provided until Feb 26th to tell Congress, the Senate and FCC to keep Net Neutrality and say NO to the Greedy ISP's

The people want net neutrality. I've been on this issue since 2007 when Comcast was throttling people's bittorrent packets. This is a very important issue to me. However, this is NOT the way to go about it ensuring neutrality. Giving the FCC more power to regulate the Internet as a utility is a terrible idea that will ultimately backfire.

When the Internet is classified as just another utility, the FCC most likely will ask ISP's to pay 16% of their user revenue to the Universal Services Fund, which of course will be passed onto the consumer. This won't happen right away, but they WILL find a way to tax the Internet. 16% will be added to your bill at some point.

VUX5jjd.jpg

In addition, the FCC will pass out exemptions to their buddies to that they can control packets of information how their buddies see fit. Like John Oliver was saying, it's like having a dingo as a babysitter.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The people want net neutrality. I've been on this issue since 2007 when Comcast was throttling people's bittorrent packets. This is a very important issue to me. However, this is NOT the way to go about it ensuring neutrality. Giving the FCC more power to regulate the Internet as a utility is a terrible idea that will ultimately backfire.

When the Internet is classified as just another utility, the FCC most likely will ask ISP's to pay 16% of their user revenue to the Universal Services Fund, which of course will be passed onto the consumer. This won't happen right away, but they WILL find a way to tax the Internet. 16% will be added to your bill at some point.

VUX5jjd.jpg

In addition, the FCC will pass out exemptions to their buddies to that they can control packets of information how their buddies see fit. Like John Oliver was saying, it's like having a dingo as a babysitter.
Thank you!...I don't think a lot of people have a understanding or don't know what this is really about and the time they do it could be to late...We beat the "SOPA" Bill and I really hope we beat this!

VU Sponsors