On my own for a little while

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wife and I are taking a breather. I have no choice but to go to a homeless shelter for a little while, I'm hoping this is temporary but really not sure. I am starting to run a little low on juice. I have some coil wire and plenty of wicking material, I just really could use some juice just to make sure I have enough to last till I find a job. Altogether probably got about 40ml or less right now. I vape 3mg, max vg. If anyone can help with anything at all, I'd really appreciate it.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate that but I don't think I am ready to drip 12mg but thank you though.

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How are you gonna receive juice if you have no address to send them to? Shelter give you a P.O. box?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife is allowing me to continue using this address for the time being and I'm not going to the shelter till Monday. The shelter is only a mile from our apartment so I can walk over, the property manager said she can leave my mail in the office and I can pick it up there.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn bean sorry to hear that. If I come across anything I will keep you in mind.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
th

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn't post it to be mean.
Just pointing it out.
Now that you are being nice , people are treating you nice.
That's how karma works. I hope things work out for you.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't post it to be mean.
Just pointing it out.
Now that you are being nice , people are treating you nice.
That's how karma works. I hope things work out for you.
Oh I misunderstood I'm very sorry and thank you for the kind words.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
th

December is the best time to look for work. I hope the shelter people are good and help you find work. If you try hard to be a good person then I'm sure your wife will see you need a 2nd chance and welcome you back.
I'm sure you CAN do it.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may not be the best job, but you can probably snag a handful of shifts doing holiday retail just about anywhere about now - something beats nothing, even if it's just for a month or so...

As much as evil Bean irked me when I've offered to PIF stuff in the past, I'm liking cool Bean and I'm willing to offer help again...why don't you shoot me a PM with some favorite flavors and a mailing address?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stay strong Bean!
Hopefully somehow things will work out for you man, they always have a way of working out.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey man, don't stress. Sometimes, that's what needs to happen for you both to realize that you need each other. Unfortunately winter time is when shelters fill up, do you have a bed in one already? If not, don't just leave until you've found a place to sleep! Sleep on the couch or something. No friends that will let you crash for a while? Also try and make it a female friend, honestly, she won't like that at all and she'll try and work it out with you. Seriously. Wish you the best man.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have no friends in Gainesville at all because I don't really go out and make friends. I'm sleeping on an air mattress in the spare room. Monday is the day I plan to leave, I'm going to call and see how many beds are available, there are two shelters close to my side of town that I know of but I'm gonna call the one closest to my apartment first. It's a mile away and I have to drag a trash bag full of clothes with me.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This whole thing is just killing me inside. I have to get rid of my pets. I texted my dad to ask if they would take them, but I think he will probably say no. If he doesn't take them, they will go to a stranger and I'll never be able to see them again.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This whole thing is just killing me inside. I have to get rid of my pets. I texted my dad to ask if they would take them, but I think he will probably say no. If he doesn't take them, they will go to a stranger and I'll never be able to see them again.
What pets are you talking about?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a pit bull and a cat.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And my dad said he can't take them either, so that's it. Posted them on Craigslist.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
wait the wife is not taking the pooch or cat.
ya dude I would not hold out for that to get better.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im just gonna give it time. Maybe it will change, maybe it won't. Either way I've got to learn how to take care of myself. And either way I'll be a better person for it. If her and I get back together, that's wonderful. If not, at least I can say that I tried.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can speak and type in coherent English. If you can get up in the morning, bathe, and show up, you can get a job of sorts. Maybe not a killer job, but a job should be easy as shit to find, especially this time of year. Show that you're willing to bust your ass and you'll be one of the guys that they hang onto when it's time to make the post-holiday cuts.

If you can slide by taking advantage of whatever benefits and freebies you can score for a while, you can save money and get a place, even if it's a roommate situation (seriously, even though it's petty if you want to get a hard look from the estranged wife moving in as the roommate of a completely platonic female will score you points). Regardless of whether you get back together, having a job and having a place will move you along farther than you can imagine you're capable of moving right now.

At one point, I was the youngest low-level executive in his early twenties at a major national bank, raking in a healthy six-figure income and having my name on title to two houses, with five cars and an RV in the driveway and four motorcycles in the garage. At another I was a laid-off divorcee learning the ropes in the construction trade as an unskilled laborer working under guys a lot younger than me who were collecting more than double the $11 an hour I was taking home...I'm still not back on the high horse I once rode, but by committing to putting my dues in every day even after crushing failure I've managed to find a wonderful wife, spectacular stepdaughter, and enough reason to get up every morning and fight to make tomorrow a little better. I wish you the same.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is just killing me inside. The few times a day I get to see her face, looking at her and seeing the disappointment and heartache she feels because I didn't try hard enough to be the husband she deserved and now that I finally see how I was wrong, it might be too late to fix it. Just absolutely kills me. And now my pets are gonna feel abandoned because I fucked up and I'm not in a position to take care of them so now they gotta go too. And I gotta go out on my own and start with nothing and I'm 32 years old. It's really hard for me.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But as hard as it is for me its worse for her.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Since Halloween of 2014. I quit my job because I thought I wanted to be a barber and tried going to hair school but I didn't finish. I was supposed to finish when we moved down here and I even had the money to enroll here but we need up needing that money for food and I never went back.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"This is just killing me inside. The few times a day I get to see her face, looking at her and seeing the disappointment and heartache she feels because I didn't try hard enough to be the husband she deserved and now that I finally see how I was wrong, it might be too late to fix it. Just absolutely kills me."

I remember that look. It was not a wife but very close to being one. I never wanted to see the look again so it served as good motivation... 2 years is a really long time to be out of a job and might make it hard to re-enter the field you were in before. If you don't mind me asking, what were you doing in 2014? How long had you been at it?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was a bagger at a grocery store. Hasn't been two years yet, only been a year and a month, but I get your point. Bagging groceries isn't exactly a "field" lol, but right now I'll take whatever job I can get. I will have no monthly expenses besides a cell phone bill, so no matter what I get paid saving money shouldn't be hard.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a bagger at a grocery store. Hasn't been two years yet, only been a year and a month, but I get your point. Bagging groceries isn't exactly a "field" lol, but right now I'll take whatever job I can get. I will have no monthly expenses besides a cell phone bill, so no matter what I get paid saving money shouldn't be hard.
Shit, if it's a union shop grocery bagger is a great job - 11 or 12 bucks instead of 9 to start, benes, advancement opportunities... I know a couple people who started off bagging 10+ years ago, one is a cashier making better than $20, another got into a butcher's apprentice program and when we last talked was making close to $30 an hour. You don't get rich doing it, but you can certainly live comfortably.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bean, have you ever thought about driving a truck? If you got a clean driving record I'd call a trucking company like Swift and talk to a recruiter.. When I went to Swift in 2001 I was in a homeless shelter in LA.. they sent me a bus ticket to Memphis, put me in a hotel, gave me a weekly food card, bussed me back and forth to school to get my CDL, put me on a truck with a trainer (+ pay) and in 8 weeks I was in a truck on own, earning 60 cents a mile and averaging 3,000 mi a week..Truck has a sleeper, microwave, TV and small refrigerator.. Computer on board for load assignments, cash advances, etc...great job with good pay and see this big country of ours.. I drove for Swift for two years and my CDL training was free...just a thought bro

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not making any plans for myself until I see if things can be worked out with my wife and I. The lease on our apartment is up in may, if there is no progress by then I will begin making plans for myself. Till then I'm just looking for a job and trying to save money. If I get a job soon, by May I could have enough saved to go just about anywhere but I really want to go back to Pennsylvania. Also, I've never held a drivers license at all.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bean, make plans for yourself now. If you wait, you might be double fucked. She wanted you gone, so your gone. Trust me on this, don't wait for a future not determined, go out and do it yourself and make it happen. I've been there myself. It sucks, but you have to be looking at you now, not her, not what you think or feel it should be. Reality is a bitch and we've all got to suck that tit every now and again.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know that not everyone will understand or agree with what I am about to say, but I am a believer. I have faith in God. I have not practiced my faith very well, but I believe that right now the best thing is for me to trust God and ask Him to guide me. Many people will offer advice and support and I know that all of your intentions are good and I am very grateful that you all want to help me. But what I need to do is take some time to pray and let God show me what He wants me to do. That's why I haven't made any long term plans yet. I going to find a job and save money, and in the meantime wait and see what happens between now and may. I am still committed to my marriage. A man who is committed to his marriage does not make plans of his own. If there is no change in my marriage between now and may, I will make plans to return home to pennsylvania. And let me be clear. Yes, I feeling down about the situation. But I am not seeking pity. I created this situation and I accept responsibility for it. I feel sorry for my wife who has had to put up with my bs for the last 5 years. Tomorrow I am giving up my pets and checking into a homeless shelter. Within the next week I will find a church to attend and begin my job search. Once I find a job I will start saving money and keep praying that God will work in this situation. If by May I see no reason to stay committed to this marriage, I will make some long term plans for myself.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wiped the slate clean, but thank you very much Snake:)
Hey that's great of you to do that, could I pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today?
Oh and I think my mortgage is about to lapse and the dog needs his shots too.

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What a B*tch to make you give up your pets, why can't she watch them till you get a place??

Why are you giving your pets away? They didn't do anything to deserve this....If I had to choose between giving dog up and going to shelter....or keeping my dog, you would see my dog and me sleeping in a cardboard mansion in the alley complete with a doggy door.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya' need to get off the forum(s) and go outside. Every hour you spend here is an hour of lost job hunt time
and another hour's worth of her disappointment and lost faith.

Your life and marriage is what you make it. Stop throwing up these stupid barriers (I don't have a driver's license, etc)
Screw this pity party bullshit. Make an effort! I'm on your side, but only until you give up.
If you don't care enough to log off here, (and maybe log on to indeed.com) then I don't care either.

I'm not going to sit here commiserating with you about how hard it all is.
Turn the dam computer to a better use.
Kind of disagree with the marriage thing here. Last 2-3 months of pregnancy for my marriage is a fucking living hell! I go the extra mile, I am there for her, I discourage the negative feelings she has about herself (tbh, my wife is so God damn sexy when she's pregnant, and when not, but something makes me want to jump her more than normal when she's pregnant, tmi? I'd say I'm sorry but I'd be lying), I do things like rub feet/legs/back etc., I do my best to let her relax without our two toddlers on her (this one is hard as ever, they do love their mom), but I do extra, go the extra mile. And still I get bitched at constantly, it's never enough, we're short on cash, I pick up hours, then I'm not home enough. It's a lose lose. I tell her she's beautiful, and talk dirty (showing I'm interested), I'm a liar. All that said, sometimes you just can't win with the wife, and you can't do squat about it...

Edit: this kinda is my fault this is our third together, my 5th, but I knew how it goes every time. But, I agreed to try once more to give her a baby girl and she's getting her! I'm getting fixed directly afterwards!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey that's great of you to do that, could I pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today?
Oh and I think my mortgage is about to lapse and the dog needs his shots too.
I'll gladly give you two puddings tomorrow for one today!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know that not everyone will understand or agree with what I am about to say, but I am a believer. I have faith in God. I have not practiced my faith very well, but I believe that right now the best thing is for me to trust God and ask Him to guide me. Many people will offer advice and support and I know that all of your intentions are good and I am very grateful that you all want to help me. But what I need to do is take some time to pray and let God show me what He wants me to do. That's why I haven't made any long term plans yet. I going to find a job and save money, and in the meantime wait and see what happens between now and may. I am still committed to my marriage. A man who is committed to his marriage does not make plans of his own. If there is no change in my marriage between now and may, I will make plans to return home to pennsylvania. And let me be clear. Yes, I feeling down about the situation. But I am not seeking pity. I created this situation and I accept responsibility for it. I feel sorry for my wife who has had to put up with my bs for the last 5 years. Tomorrow I am giving up my pets and checking into a homeless shelter. Within the next week I will find a church to attend and begin my job search. Once I find a job I will start saving money and keep praying that God will work in this situation. If by May I see no reason to stay committed to this marriage, I will make some long term plans for myself.
Being a Christian myself, I've had more than one heart to heart with the big guy. I've come to the conclusion that; what he wants most of all, is for us to make our lives happen, not let him make it for us. He gives us opportunities, chances and a path; but, its up to us find them. He puts people along the way to encourage and speak for him,give us ideas and an occasional shoulder. Shark, break, and several others of us, may have been gods way of saying "get a job and stop procrastinating." If her complaint is you not working, than waiting for her to decide before you make a plan accomplishes what? Rather maybe god is is saying "Man up and make a plan, she'll follow you." Or perhaps there is someone else that will come in your life once you are established and are living rather than waiting.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being a Christian myself, I've had more than one heart to heart with the big guy. I've come to the conclusion that what he wants most of all is for us to make our lives happen, not let him make it for us. He gives us opportunities, chances and a path; but, its up to us find them. He puts people along the way to encourage and speak for him,give us ideas and shoulder. Shark, break, and several others of us, may have been gods way of saying "get a job and stop procrastinating." If her complaint is you not working, than waiting for her to decide before you make a plan accomplishes what? Rather maybe god is is saying "Man up and make a plan, she'll follow you." Or perhaps there is someone else that will come in your life once you are established and are living rather than waiting.
Or it's karma kicking bean's teeth in.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Bean8379 ,

Prior to all this happening, what is it you were waiting on before you started getting your life together? Another sign? From what you are telling us, all of this is a result of not doing anything. Waiting and praying will get you nowhere. I'm not knocking you or your faith, I just see you putting up a lot of barriers. I know it's scary and may seem that there is no light at the end of the tunnel but you have to get in the tunnel first before you will start seeing light. If you recognize that it's you who is the problem, it doesn't make much sense to put off working on you, does it? Not trying to be a dick, just want to see things get better for YOU.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My dad and his wife invited me to stay with them in daytona over the holidays. My dad wants me to look for a job while i am there. I will do so. I cant go into detail but I think he may have something up his sleeve with trying to get my wife and I back together. Either way, it will be nice to chill with the folks and get out of town where there is more distance between her and I and maybe some time apart will ease both our pain. No matter what right now I cant count her as being in my life so I am going to focus on me.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's good bean!
I hope it works out with the job and the family time!

VU Sponsors