Become a Patron!

on to the next

djdodson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok i have a pov4 100w black with a maganus tank getting bad taste on a full draw. Im somwhat new but im trying to cut out the nick started mixing 1 3mg and a 0 so im looking for a hard hit am i trying to hard or do i need to look at something else

djdodson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Usually keep it around 40 but I like 60 watt hits but the taste is bad

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@djdodson .... Hi and welcome to Vaping Underground :)

I don't know how long you've been vaping but this place is a treasure chest of vaping information...hope you kick up your feet and stay awhile...everyone here for the most part is friendly and nice and always willing to help :)

Now onto your question....you say you're getting a burnt bad taste at 40 to 60 watts but that's where you like it around? What other tanks or drippers have you vaped so I have a better idea of where you're coming from to help you better? And also what resistance is the coil you're using in your tank? Usually for those higher wattages you need the .2 ohm coil instead of the .5 ohm coil. The lower one is meant for higher wattages up above 50 watts where you say you like it and will probably have a much more enjoyable vaping experience with them....from what little you've given me to go on it sounds like you've got a .5 ohm coil and are turning it up to high and it's burning up giving you a bad taste. Different coils have different resistance levels to allow difference ranges of wattage. typically with all sub ohm tanks the lower the resistance the higher you can turn up the wattage. I would check the coil you are currently using as it should have it's resistance printed somewhere on it and if it's a .5 I would assume at this point it's fried and you'll never get a good taste out of it and just toss it. Then I would order some .2 ohm coils for your tank and try those at that higher wattage you like making sure you prime them well before first use.

You prime a coil like that by dripping a drop of juice on each of the juice inlet ports on the sides of the coil assembly and a little bit around the inside of the top but making sure you get none down the center. If you get juice down the center it will cause your vape to gurgle and spit more. Once you've primed your coil I would screw it into the tank base and put the tank together making sure its full, but not overfull the first time, of liquid and turn it right side up and let it sit for four or five minutes...yes I know how much waiting to vape a fresh tank sucks but to help make sure your coil is good to go makes it all worth it. After those few minutes I would fire it up and give it a try and see how she vapes and if that solves your problem for you.

I hope this helps....any more info or pictures you can give would be helpful in making sure I am on to the right thing. happy vaping and best of luck :)

djdodson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive been vaping for a month now had a pen for 3 days and moved to my ipv4 with maganus. I do have the .2 coil in there now its raited to 150 the .5 was 100. A friend told me i burned the .5 up because i had used it in the temp control mod i didnt know any better. But i have not done this with the .2. I like 60 watts for the warmth i get with the hit. But now if i draw to long bad hit. Had this coil for a week and a half. Vapsten seas there coils last a month if u take 1000 draws a day. So should i buy more coils or try something else? Thank u for your response.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What mix is the juice? If its high VG, it might not wick fast enough for long hits at high watts.

I had this problem with the first tank I owned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

djdodson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
70/30 is most of it it shouldn't be a problem with that tank.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
70/30 should be thin enough it wouldn't be a problem on any tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

djdodson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok today is payday:) is there something better for some1 like me that likes full draw lung hits.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All of the sub ohm style tanks are pretty much meant for lung hits unless you want to take mouth to lung draws, but lung hits are what they're all designed for.

If you managed to burn a standard coil up in temp mode that is possible and sucks...but also something to keep in mind is that just because a coil has a recommended range of wattage doesn't mean every individual coil can handle that range...each coil is a little different and no coil assembly line is perfect and a few bad ones always slip threw...you could have just had a bad one...or the coils could be labeled with a higher wattage range than they can always handle....just like the Kanger OCC heads...their .5 ohm coils say up to 30 watts on them but I haven't got a stock one that liked vaping over 25 watts yet until I rebuilt it and made it better.

As for something better...you're going to have to shop around and see if there is anything you like that strikes your fancy...if you want a cheap good sub ohm tank that gives that warm vapor you like try the Arctic tank...I love their .2 ohm coils set around 65 watts...should give you plenty of that warm flavorful vapor you're looking for at a fairly cheap price...that's my personal preference :)

happy hunting and enjoy :)

djdodson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the local vape shop dose not carry the maganus so i got the kanger sub tank i was thinking it has a rda i could try to learn on and i needed something to go on va ka with not knowing if i could buy replacement there. It seems nice so far. I wanted to thank all who tried to help me even with my trials this was the easiest thing I've ever done to quit

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So the local vape shop dose not carry the maganus so i got the kanger sub tank i was thinking it has a rda i could try to learn on and i needed something to go on va ka with not knowing if i could buy replacement there. It seems nice so far. I wanted to thank all who tried to help me even with my trials this was the easiest thing I've ever done to quit

The subtank is a great "beginners" sub ohm tank...congrats on getting it. The new RDA deck is much nicer than the original one it came with and is quite easy to build when you're ready. I personally like to rebuild the OCC heads that come prebuilt when they wear out...I think they have better juice flow but thats my opinion and not to be taken as anything else.

One thing to keep in mind though like I said above...even though the .5 ohm coils say they go up to 30 watts every one I've used stock before rebuilding never liked to go above 25...even if I poked holes in the wick with a needle to help it wick faster it still seems to want to dry out and give me dry hits...however, even though I only use it at 24.5 watts most of the time (that seems to be the sweet spot for me on that tank,) those coils, as will all Kanger coils, vape really warm so you get a nice warm vape at a lower wattage giving you a bit better battery life than you would with another tank and something like a .2 coil cranked up to 65 watts or something....From what you've said I think it will be a warm enough vape to keep you happy in the mid 20's range. I rebuild my RDA's usually around .24 at the low end up to .9 at the high end depending on which atty it is...but my .24 builds on my cloud chaser drippers I vape usually between 60-80 watts with a lot of airflow and the temp of that little OCC coil with it's much smaller chamber and more restricted airflow can get just as warm as my RDA's and give me the perfect warm vape in a convenient travel tank...

Here's to hoping you're happy for a long time with your new gear and enjoying your Vaca! cheers :)

VU Sponsors