Become a Patron!

one big long coil VS multiple smaller coils (giant RDA)

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
which vapes better?
One (or 2) big long exotic coils VS multiple smaller coils (exotic or not)?

Getting a 30-40mm RDA possibly and considering options.
I'm think multiple smaller coils will give more vapor, and faster vapor (instead of ridiculous ramp time) because coils heat from the inside out, so a giant long coil seems like the ends might never even produce vapor, and they just steal power.
Or does it not really matter either way?

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You will probably have trouble wicking with a very long coil as the juice has a long way to travel to center of coil.

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
i'm not really worried about juice wicking (burnt hits) because it's a dripper and I'll make sure it's always juiced. Just a once and a while huge cloud type vape I want to try. although was never really a fan of trying to fish the cotton tip through, so a longer coil will be trickier for that.

if I make dual 12-wrap (long) fused claptons, will that save or kill battery more than if I made quad coils with less wraps but same amount of coil wire? Just in general.
no my MOD is not really meant for super low-ohm vaping (DNA250 with triple VTC6s), but just in general is there a difference? thank you

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
First, for proper wicking, your coil should not be more than 2x as long as your coil inner diameter. Plus.. 4x 6 wrap coils heat up faster than 2x 12 wrap coils. There is math to show why, but its late and I can't think straight. lol. Something to do with voltage squared / resistance = watts

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more metal in a build the more power is required to heat that metal. Same goes for air and juice as these are both cooling agents.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors