Become a Patron!

One coil in a Dual RBA?

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would have to say yes. Because I have a single coil in plume veil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depending on your RDA, you may find the chamber is too large for a single coil to develop full flavor.

Also, if you have 2 air holes, you'll probably want to close the one on the unused side, to redirect all of the air to the single coil - again to increase flavor.

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
I'm currently running a single 2.2 ohm coil in my magma clone with both the biggest air holes open. It's on my 30 watt china made box mod and at 25 watts is giving me nothing but love. So yes you can run a sigle coil in a dual coil dripper and there are many which have that option built in them with the airflow control. I have an igo L that I drilled out the air hole on and it gives me clouds of tasty vapor. I use it to test taste liquids mostly.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm currently running a single 2.2 ohm coil in my magma clone with both the biggest air holes open. It's on my 30 watt china made box mod and at 25 watts is giving me nothing but love. So yes you can run a sigle coil in a dual coil dripper and there are many which have that option built in them with the airflow control. I have an igo L that I drilled out the air hole on and it gives me clouds of tasty vapor. I use it to test taste liquids mostly.

Yup , been running a 2.1 single coil wrapped on a 1/8th mandrel on my magma and the flavor is over the top , love it.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends, some dual coil RDA/RTA don't work well in single coil mode, since their chamber is too big or can not be closed from one side, some support both modes.

I would say go dual I use my fogger 4.1 in dual and get better flavor then a single and more clouds also I recommend using 24-26Gauge In a rba I can get my fogger down to roughly 1.3ohm with the build i do and it stays cold not too hot

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will it work to just put one coil in a dual coil RDA?

To answer your question as it's posed the answer is yes , whether it is the proper choice to get the best performance out of the way it was designed is another story entirely.

I have found most RDA's work well with either and if your not very particular most seem to be happy with a single .

VU Sponsors