Become a Patron!

One Hit Wonder E-Liquid's Review - Part 2

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This site doesn't allow posts of more than 10k characters. Please read the other half of my review in Part 1. Or go to ReviewGasm.com and get This Full Review and many others in their glorious original forms!

These juices were highly recommended to me by friends and other vaping enthusiasts. I was very excited to try these flavors after hearing the hype about every aspect of these juices. My expectations were high and there was plenty of room for disappointment when you start with such high pretenses. Below will be my thoughts on each flavor individually and at the end I will have a statement on my feeling about the line as a whole. I purchased these liquids with my own money and have not been influenced to say anything positive or negative about them. All flavors were tested on a Velocity RDA with dual fused Clapton coils at .18 ohms on a Stingray X mechanical mod.

Rocket Man

Balancing a lightly tart Greek Yogurt, Fresh Mountain Blueberries & Savory Granola. Rocket Man is a harmonious blend without equal in the yogurt world. From the subtle sweet tartiness of the inhale to the palate-cleansing exhale, get ready to take your taste buds to a new orbit. – One Hit Wonder website.

The mix of blueberries, yogurt, and granola reminds me of a parfait from McDonald’s. It is blended well and tastes exactly like it is supposed to. It doesn’t have that extra sweet flavor that the other juices in this line have. It actually has a slight tartness mixed with the sweetness that makes the blueberries taste genuine.
I really had high expectations for this flavor when it was first released. I had imagined a sweet blueberry cream in the same fashion as Milk Man does strawberry. Unfortunately for me it turned out to be more of tart blueberry with creamy yogurt and a hint of granola. This is a good thing, it tasted exactly as it is supposed to and many of my friends and colleagues love this flavor to death; but for me I wanted a sweeter dessert vape. I recommend this flavor to people that are looking for a flavor profile as described, but this particular flavor was just not for me. It works nicely as an occasional vape when I’m in the mood, but it’s not an all-day vape for me.

Overall: It’s a great flavor, but this particular tartness isn’t my thing. For whatever odd reason the light throat hit from this juice tickled my throat in an unpleasant way. I have friends that love this flavor but it just isn’t for me. I recommend you try it once before you commit to a 180ml bottle.
Price: $59.99 for 180ml (includes 2 unicorn bottles) - onehitwondereliquid.com/shop/rocket-man/
Nicotine Levels: 0mg, 3mg, 6mg (I used 3mg)
VG/PG: 80/20
Color: Clear/Yellow
Smell: Smells like blueberry yogurt.
Flavor: Tart blueberry yogurt with a hint of granola.
Vapor Production: Clouds for days! This isn’t labeled as a cloud chasers juice, but they could if they wanted to. The blend is a perfect match of flavor retention and cloud production.
Throat Hit: Light to mild.

My Man

In 1892, on the cobbled streets of Naples, Italy, young Nikolai Gelato crafted the perfect swirl of ice cream: Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate. Today, the rich flavors we all love have been expertly blended into a smooth but complex vape that dances on your tongue with different complementing notes with each puff. The surge of nostalgia will leave you looking up and simply saying… My Man! – One Hit Wonder website.

I was blown away with the first taste of this juice. If you are the person that runs the spoon across all three flavors of Neapolitan ice cream, this flavor was made specifically for you. This flavor takes makes you want a bowl of ice cream and there is nothing you can do about it. One word comes to mind when I’m vaping this flavor: delicious. The strawberry is just as perfect as it is in Milk Man, the chocolate is just defined enough to blend everything together perfectly, the subtle vanilla is the glue that hold these flavors together in a taste explosion designed for your mouth. You will come back for more and more.
This juice is a strong contender for my favorite all-day vape. If I run out of Milk Man, this flavor will easily be my go-to vape all day every day. I have no problems telling everyone to buy this flavor regardless of your flavor preferences.

Overall: Buy it. If you like Milk Man, you will like this flavor. It has the same feel as Milk Man with a chocolate and light vanilla addition. I highly recommend this flavor to everyone.
Price: $59.99 for 180ml (includes 2 unicorn bottles) - http://onehitwondereliquid.com/shop/my-man/
Nicotine Levels: 0mg, 3mg, 6mg (I had 0mg)
VG/PG: 80/20
Color: Clear/Yellow
Smell: Smells like a ripe strawberry lightly dipped I chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmm.
Flavor: Strong Strawberry with chocolate ice cream undertones. Hints of vanilla throughout.
Vapor Production: Clouds for days! This isn’t labeled as a cloud chasers juice, but they could if they wanted to. The blend is a perfect match of flavor retention and cloud production.
Throat Hit: None to Light

One Hit Wonder E-Juice Conclusion

The line as a whole is just about perfect. The shipping is flat rate $5 (in the US) fair, fast, and simple. The company has constant promotions on social media for free samples, free shipping, stickers, etc… I have contacted the company a few times and always received a quick and friendly response. The juices are of the highest quality and have yet to show any reason to doubt any flavors they come out with in the future. This is probably my favorite E-Juice company and I have tried A LOT of them! The biggest gripe I hear from people about this line is that in only comes in 180ml bottles. That is a lot of juice to gamble on if you have no reliable way to trade or sell juice that you don’t like or use. I agree to an extent, but after trying the juices I have had zero fear ordering their new flavors immediately when they are released. I bought Rocket Man on release day and was not completely disappointed. I bought My Man on release day and was not let down at all. I will buy whatever flavor they create next without hesitation.
One thing I did find out about this juice over the last few months is that; this is a drippers line of juice (in my opinion). These flavors all had brilliant and spot on profiles when dripping them. The moment you put these juices in tanks, they became slightly muted and not as addictingly awesome. Premade tank coils seemed to negate the sweetener used and it didn’t really make the flavors “pop”. These juices also gunked up coils twice as fast as many other juices. I don’t recommend these juices to people who intend to use them in tanks with premade coils.

If you like this review, go check out my other reviews and many other great reviews at ReviewGasm.com
If you want to see this review in its original format and in all of its glory, check it out here: www.reviewgasm.com/gear/edc/vapes-ecigs/one-hit-wonder-e-juice-review/

These are all my personal opinions and experiences and should all be taken with a grain of salt. If your experiences vary then let us know here in the comments below so we can get a balanced view. Have a great day!

This site doesn't allow posts of more than 10k characters. Please read the other half of my review in Part 1. Or go to ReviewGasm.com and get This Full Review and many others in their glorious original forms!

Attachments

• 1hw.jpg
    1hw.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20151026_192138.jpg
    20151026_192138.jpg
    684.2 KB · Views: 24

Mtorres

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish they would offer samples....but I think I may get the My Man juice. Sounds yummy!

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I'm only one that is not a fan of the milk man. I'm using it on my tfv4 with a Clapton coil and it taste like spoiled milk at 82watts I myself am not impressed. I know a lot of people use it in an rda but I don't like rdas. Just to much of a mess for me. But I'm not sure if it's the nic level I got which isn't bad considering but def me personally not a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I'm only one that is not a fan of the milk man. I'm using it on my tfv4 with a Clapton coil and it taste like spoiled milk at 82watts I myself am not impressed. I know a lot of people use it in an rda but I don't like rdas. Just to much of a mess for me. But I'm not sure if it's the nic level I got which isn't bad considering but def me personally not a fan

Yeah, none of them tasted right to me in any tanks. This is a drippers line for sure.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has to be and I buy a lot of 80-100vg juice and they all were excellent in my tfv4 and my other subohm tanks. good thing I only bought a 30ml bottle

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has to be and I buy a lot of 80-100vg juice and they all were excellent in my tfv4 and my other subohm tanks. good thing I only bought a 30ml bottle

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the sweetener they use. It doesn't vaporize correctly in tanks.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Idk man. But it is really not pleasant vape for me. But like I said everyone seems to like it

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is nothing I love more than milkman when it comes to e juice. Your spot on in your description of the sweet strawberry, its not too sweet and I never get tired of it. I have wanted to try My Man for some time now but the chocolate (like most people) leaves me with apprehension. I did not want to order a t-shirt I would never wear to get a sample (plus the t-shirt cost half the cost of the actual 180ml's of juice) so I split it with a co-worker. We should have it by Friday and I can't wait to try it. I've also had the Rocket Man as well and while its good, it does not come close to the Milkman. The flavor is too muted as far as the blueberry is concerned but it's still one of the better blueberry flavors out there. I hear the muffin man is good but I'm not big on apple or cinnamon vapes so I have not tried it yet.

E-juice Direct is the best place to order OHW juice from. Same day shipping and $10 cheaper than going directly to the source. I have a referral code for $5 off; If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll send it over to you. Full disclosure, I get $5 off my next order for each referral so we all win!

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, none of them tasted right to me in any tanks. This is a drippers line for sure.
That's too bad. I haven't had trouble with any juices in my Crown (after puncturing the wicking holes), TFV4 with octuple claptons, or Cleito except maybe Pinup's Lana. It's 95% VG and still works alright in all those tanks as long as you give it a little longer between draws than other juices. If I take back-to-back pulls, the second one will inevitably taste a bit dry and burnt. However, if I wait even 10-15 seconds, none of the three tanks has any problem wicking enough juice for another tasty puff.

With One Hit Wonder being 80/20, you'd think it wouldn't be a problem. What about the flavoring do you think makes it work so well in drippers but not tanks? I mean, aren't the basic components the same (cotton, kanthal/SS/nickel, and the juice)? I've always read that drippers provide the best flavor, but I don't have the time to build and my wife already gives me enough grief over my favorite hobby's tank refilling and coil replacing time requirements. "You're always messing with that thing!" :cuss2:

Not always. Barely even a half hour per day. :headbang:

Rocket Man tickled my throat too, and this result in small coughing .... then my wife told me : You quit smoking and now you are coughing again...stop vaping !!! hahaha, but what to do the taste is nice and i have to finish this 180ml bottle...when my wife is out ...lol !!!

VU Sponsors