Become a Patron!

Opinion on delayed package

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So right now waiting for a callback from USPS to open a case because 4 days from Brooklyn to Long Island is BS. 7 days since it was cleared thru the ISC. Originally it said was scheduled Monday and then Wednesday until it changed to this crap.

upload_2019-7-1_12-55-42.png

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sounds like either a case of poor routing aka manual routing in which case add 4 days onto the last delivery window. or it got stuck at Brooklyn ny ... may even have had the routing issue at broklyn ny in which case it goes back to the distro center for manual routing... investigation may find it fell off a belt or somr other Bs.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After I opened the case it started moving again in about an hour. Hopefully it goes to my Local PO and shows out for delivery today.

upload_2019-7-2_7-47-5.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Delivered by 11AM and received a call from the Local Post Office concerning it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered a package that was shipping from Florida once. It came to Greensboro, NC. Went right past us to Lynchburg, VA. Then went west (in the opposite direction from us) to Roanoke, VA. Then it went to Memphis, TN. Came back to Roanoke, and then went to Memphis again.

I gave up on it after that, figured I'd never see it, and in about three days, it showed up in the mailbox.

My take on this is that they have some new routing software that is seriously fucked up. We can probably lay all this at the feet of a programmer somewhere, who was dozing in his coffee and doughnuts the morning he was supposed to be testing the PO's routing system.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I gave up on it after that, figured I'd never see it, and in about three days, it showed up in the mailbox.

I once had a package come into JFK which is 12 miles away that went to Cincinnati before coming back to New York.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I once had a package come into JFK which is 12 miles away that went to Cincinnati before coming back to New York.

That's so ridiculous it made me laugh out loud.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you think that is funny @nadalama I had one come into JFK and according to someone at USPS they put it in the wrong bin. My package took a tour of New York state all the way up North before it came back and went to Massachusetts then along the Connecticut Shore before returning to New York. For a week I was getting pissed everyday with a new update. :xD::gaah::cuss2::crazy:

Edit: Total of 600 Plus miles when it needed to come 12 miles from JFK to me~!

Glad to see you are finally going to get it though.USPS is really hit and miss.I had a certified letter that I was really waiting on once that I was supposed to sign for in 3 days....3 weeks later I signed for it.the letter had been crumpled up.and I shit you not had a tire track right down the middle of it.....it's funny now at the time though it wasn't at all a it was insurance papers that I needed to sign for and send back.So yes I feel your pain.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sent a package from KY to NY a couple years ago. It decided to go site seeing in Puerto Rico before finally heading the right direction.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sent a package from KY to NY a couple years ago. It decided to go site seeing in Puerto Rico before finally heading the right direction.

These packages must just have minds of their own!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, my apologies. I thought some were sharing relatable stories. I guess I should've started mine with

A couple of years ago you could count on delivers coming on time. Within the past year or so they travel on sight seeing tours before you receive them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I received a second phone call last night from a Supervisor checking on the status and if I was happy with the service I received. I made a point of giving a great review of the lady who took the case report.

VU Sponsors