Optimal build for regulated devices.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, I have been using DNA 30 mods for a while now and I have yet to find a build that performs better for me than just a simple single micro coil, usually right at 1 ohm. I can do crazy innovative builds for my mechs all day long but I want something for my vaporshark that just bumps it up a little. I've tried a Gplat 24 macro coil and they're decent, but it's impossible to get that stuff above 1 ohm without it taking forever to ramp up. I got a plume veil recently and want to utilize it's single coil configuration, does anyone have any suggestions?

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1.0 ohms seems to be my sweet spot… To me it seems that 1.0 ohms allows the mod full functionality. Or at the very least a greater range before you click the amp limit.

But you already know about the 1.0 ohm don't you… :D

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just went from a 1.8ohm single microcoil to dual .9ohm microcoils on my Cloupor box mod. I think I still prefer the single coil. Simple seems better on a regulated device.

VapDrak

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree ... with 1 Ohmish builds you're pretty much set for RTAs, with Drippers you could venture a bit below
.. what are you vaping on?

Oh... Me? 1.3 Ohms on an Expromizer, just a quiet night at home roaming the vape-webz :D

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the input guys. I have a 0.8 Gplat build in the plume veil at the moment and it's decent but I'd prefer a higher resistance, and all I have is 24g-20g Gplat :/. I have pretty much the full size range when it comes kanthal though so I'll keep playing around. Since it's pretty unanimous that 1 ohm is the sweet spot, I'd like to find out the best gauge/diameter for surface area with a decent ramp up time. I just want it to be warmer all around.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just went from a 1.8ohm single microcoil to dual .9ohm microcoils on my Cloupor box mod. I think I still prefer the single coil. Simple seems better on a regulated device.
I've got a Clouper on the way. Thanks for the advice. I love simple.

duroSIG556R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
for tanks build to around 1.8 ohms. Watch your battery life vastly improve. I keep the drippers on the OKR's and mechs most of the time.

VU Sponsors