Become a Patron!

Orchard hints?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. I received a gift box from bondo today, inside he included an orchard! it was working fine with his coils, at around 25 watts. I used it before speaking to him. He explained it only needs around 16 watts (Dual micro coils) then I got the dreaded "check atomizer".

I had no 30 gauge, but did 28, so made an 11wrap dual micro coil, but it is slightly leaky. I notice this Orchid is the same base as my RSBT2, so if I can get wicking down on this, I can make a tank I though was useless, useable!

I understand that less is kind of more in this mod, this is my 3rd rewick, I am hoping 3rd time lucky!

So, any tips on orchard or orchard style wicking, please let me know, as it does give great flavour, he also provided another body to use the orcahrd in with a swivel drip tip like the Itaste tank. I like that quite a lot, it is a similar tip to the nautilus but moveable, and he also provided a metal body, and also plastic screw together pieces to make a body as long or short as I want!

Once I got this thing wicked right, I think it will be pretty solid for flavour, just can't have any leaks as that would not be good. I think I will stick to the lemo for taking out, but if I get wicking down, maybe i could take this out too.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man, I got mine rewicked today, dual microcoils, works at a low wattage, and tastes lovely. No leaks either, quite finnicky arent they, but once they work, they work great! I only own this and a lemo V2, love them both if I am honest. The lemo is much easier to wick, so I have a subtank for me and the fiancee on the way (Looks pretty easy to build on the RDA).

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
No problem! I'm glad to hear you're having success with it! For some odd reason, I have more luck with getting decent builds/wicking with Orchids than I do with my Kayfuns...go figure! I also have a Subtank (Kanger) and really like it. I thought they were for uninitiated vapers when they were first coming out, for those who wanted the sub ohm experience without having to build. Once I learned that the OCC (stock) coils can be rebuilt, as well as having a RBA deck included I began to reconsider my initial thoughts. Now I just toss a new coil head in and rebuild my old one when it's convenient. I've considered the Lemo as well...having a tough time justifying another tank right now as I have way more toppers than mods! Then again, Orchids are dirt cheap now and I may buy a handful of backups, just in case they become extinct!

Enjoy your Orchid!! :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't set it on it's side or it can lose it's vacuum seal and leak half the tank out in no time.
Sideways in the pocket is sure to leave you soggy as well.
Baking in a hot car while you're in the store can also start a leak.

Other than those things it shouldn't leak if your orings are good and there is a tight seal on the chimney creating a vacuum.

Just rest the wicks on top of the juice channels, dont stuff them and cut off the flow.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't set it on it's side or it can lose it's vacuum seal and leak half the tank out in no time.
Sideways in the pocket is sure to leave you soggy as well.
Baking in a hot car while you're in the store can also start a leak.

Other than those things it shouldn't leak if your orings are good and there is a tight seal on the chimney creating a vacuum.

Just rest the wicks on top of the juice channels, dont stuff them and cut off the flow.
You are correct. Anything vape tends to leak if not kept up right. Some leak anyway. I put my Atomizers in plastic pill bottles if I am going to travel. Put them in an old Tupperware container. Make sure they don't have room to move I use old news papers. Works quite well. :cool:

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got my Orchid V6 from Fasttech and for 11 dollars I'm impressed. It's a tight draw but it hits so good and taste isn't bad, at all. No gurgling or leaking. I built dual 26 gauge, 2mm, 8 wrap coils and I'm having no issues whatsoever. I fanned the cotton ends and tucked under the coils, leaving the air holes exposed. Refilling is a pain, though, even with a needle-tipped bottle. The desk is tiny but it seems to work well with small coils. I wish it had an adjustable air flow control (I did take out the hex screws on the bottom), but other than that, I'm satisfied with it.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lol I put my mod to 25 Watts tight draw.. I have yet to understand why people vape at such low wattage. It doesn't do the trick for me I vape at 75 minimum.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors