Become a Patron!

Orchid V3 in a Can

L

Lighty269

Has anyone seen this one yet? One of my local shops just got them in Vapor Haus in Dayton.

Not sure about building it yet? Any suggestions?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you mean the box is can? what do you mean? I have an orchid v3 clone and running a dual coils 7 turn 26g kanthal and cotton wick. I can go through a tank in about 10-15min of chain vaping.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me too @ eric decastro....love the orchid but hate that i go thru a tank in under an hour....defeats the purpose of a tank

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me too @ eric decastro....love the orchid but hate that i go thru a tank in under an hour....defeats the purpose of a tank
I'm looking to buy a V4 for more capacity. was thinking about using a full sized kayfun quartz kit and extending the funnel but the chiminey sits so close to the tank as it is already the quartz kit will make it that much tighter (don't have the quartz kit yet but on order)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I'm looking to buy a V4 for more capacity. was thinking about using a full sized kayfun quartz kit and extending the funnel but the chiminey sits so close to the tank as it is already the quartz kit will make it that much tighter (don't have the quartz kit yet but on order)

The quartz kits/tanks are great! I love them and they are a lot sturdier than folks give them credit for.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea i was looking into that also. I would hate to give up on it without tryn everything i can first. It does function rather well.....

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The quartz kits/tanks are great! I love them and they are a lot sturdier than folks give them credit for.
I have both full sized and nano tanks on the way, what is your pg/vg ratio? I vape max VG I might have to go with 50/50 for the orchid.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
70pg/30vg, cut my wicks on a 60degree angle. Well as close as i can get to 60degree

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have both full sized and nano tanks on the way, what is your pg/vg ratio? I vape max VG I might have to go with 50/50 for the orchid.

I prefer a 60/40 mix with 12mg of nic. You could try thinning your VG with a couple of drops of distilled water.

L

Lighty269

It came in this can

lZdTbCu.jpg

L

Lighty269

Back to my original question about builds...

Do I put the cotton in the channels?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when I cut my cotton some went in the channel but since it's a one piece chimney I had to get some in the channel which I don't like too much but I haven't had any wicking problems and I'm using max VG.

if you put the cotton in the channel it could block the flow of juice to the coil. esp with thicker juice like max or 100% VG.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you do have problems with a heavy VG juice just run the chimney higher to open up the juice flow.
I run my chimney up about 2 turns, no wick in the channels and usually 50/50 but it works fine with my 100% VG dripping juices as well.
Wick on top of the channel, but not in.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i will attempt a nano kit but if it really hinders wicking (chimney being too close to tank) I'll leave it plastic. but they do physically fit together. some have reported no problems, some have said they don't wick well. i guess it's hit or miss with the machining of the orchid.

L

Lighty269

Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suck at making coils, I have attempted at least 20 times now today and I suck!

Patience is a virtue! LMAO I don't have any...

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i got my v3 today and damn this thing is a magma and kayfun love child. wish someone had told me to get the v4 though, i can chain vape a tank in what seems like 10 minutes

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i got my v3 today and damn this thing is a magma and kayfun love child. wish someone had told me to get the v4 though, i can chain vape a tank in what seems like 10 minutes
yes I ordered a V4 and a KFL full sized quartz drop kit. I love my orchids. I haven't even received my Kayfun 3.1 and I can already tell I'm going to shelf it.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A bit late to help you @Lighty269 but here's a re-post from Orchid Modification thread: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/orchid-modification-thread.20819/page-3#post-161709

...I just pulled the chamber off of one I have been using for a while. It has already gone through at least 30ml of juice performing perfectly. Neither gurgling or burnt hits.

pa251828-edit-jpg.7853
pa251829-edit-jpg.7854
pa251830-edit-jpg.7855

These tails were all cut blunt at 5mm, then coaxed down wet to catch the top of the channels. After vaping for a while, strands tend to creep down the channels a bit. Looking at this after 30ml of use, it seem pretty much like what @DoctorIdiot suggests to begin with. So I think we are more or less confirming each other's results.

BTW, this build is 28 gauge kanthal, 1.5mm ID, coils around 6 weeks old (my original build). It is wicked with cellucotton rayon. Yes indeed, I also use j-cotton with very subtle or very low percentage flavors. ;)

L

Lighty269

A bit late to help you @Lighty269 but here's a re-post from Orchid Modification thread: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/orchid-modification-thread.20819/page-3#post-161709

...I just pulled the chamber off of one I have been using for a while. It has already gone through at least 30ml of juice performing perfectly. Neither gurgling or burnt hits.

pa251828-edit-jpg.7853
pa251829-edit-jpg.7854
pa251830-edit-jpg.7855

These tails were all cut blunt at 5mm, then coaxed down wet to catch the top of the channels. After vaping for a while, strands tend to creep down the channels a bit. Looking at this after 30ml of use, it seem pretty much like what @DoctorIdiot suggests to begin with. So I think we are more or less confirming each other's results.

BTW, this build is 28 gauge kanthal, 1.5mm ID, coils around 6 weeks old (my original build). It is wicked with cellucotton rayon. Yes indeed, I also use j-cotton with very subtle or very low percentage flavors. ;)

Looks very close to my end result, thanks.

I ended up making 2 2 ohm and got 1 ohm build. I am loving it so far, no leaking or dry hits, using Wizard Wicks cotton.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks very close to my end result, thanks.

I ended up making 2 2 ohm and got 1 ohm build. I am loving it so far, no leaking or dry hits, using Wizard Wicks cotton.

Cool. I've found nothing lacking with this easy method. There are a few other "proven" methods on Orchid Modification thread. Haven't tried them all though. Cheers.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yes I ordered a V4 and a KFL full sized quartz drop kit. I love my orchids. I haven't even received my Kayfun 3.1 and I can already tell I'm going to shelf it.
same here i looked at the v3 and was like wow im gonna fill this like 10 times a day lol v4 is a necessity imo

VU Sponsors