Become a Patron!

orchid v6 help needed

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ive been using orchid v4's and absolutely love them but bought a v6 and built it and the airflow on the v6 has drastically been reduced. The v4 hits like a dream. I noticed they put raised airflow holes under the coil. Can these be drilled out to increase airflow? Can I also drill the air holes on the side bigger? If so what size drill bit should I use? What are the 2 holes on the bottom of the base next to the 510 connector for? Hopefully someone can help me here. Thanks o_O

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 2 holes next to the 510 connector on the bottom are for air control screws. You can drill the air channels out and put a dab of epoxy to seal both of the air control screw holes (remove the screws first of course!).

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the info. I removed the screws with the Allen head tool and works perfect without having to drill. If I wanted to drill out the air holes on the side can I?

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes you can, but be careful

Superexe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any chance i could buy one of your air flow control screws or both? The ones mine came with didnt fit :(
Thanks for the info. I removed the screws with the Allen head tool and works perfect without having to drill. If I wanted to drill out the air holes on the side can I?

Reuven Tenam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any chance i could buy one of your air flow control screws or both? The ones mine came with didnt fit :(
I don't sell that, I can only sell the V4 sorry

VU Sponsors