Become a Patron!

Ordered a Noisy Cricket...

dogtron66

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Labor Day sale over at ecig.com was to good to pass up... a Noisy Cricket series mech mod for less than $7, so I had to try one. They also had the LG HE4 2500 mah batts for like $4 a piece, so I got some of those too!

Now, I understand mech mods and the importance of following ohms law and building to fit the mod, but the question I have is as to what I can safely use on this dude as far as RDA/RTA/RDTA... specifically regarding the "protruding" 510 pin. I understand that the pin, and only the pin, needs to make contact to avoid shorting and possibly blowing up the whole rig in my hand.

I've been wanting to get a good RDA, but have yet to pull the trigger on one yet. I have tinkered around with them a bit, but so far I've stuck to sub ohm tanks with RBA set ups and regulated mods as far as my personal gear is concerned.

From what I can tell, the only piece I have at the moment with a protruding 510 pin is a Wismec Theorem RDTA. I have a Griffin that has an adjustable 510, but its flat from the factory, while the Theorem wasn't.

I guess my question is two fold...

1) Is the Theorem safe to use on a stock Cricket, with the proper build of course... and

2) What are y'alls suggestions on a good solid, affordable RDA as and introductory piece for a somewhat "newbie".

I've been vaping for almost a year now, and building almost from the start. I've also just recently started DIY juice and have had some pretty positive results. I've just never messed with mechs or drippers much, until now.

I got into vaping as a means to quit smoking, and got very into hobby aspect of it right off the bat.

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I can't speak for the theorem from experience but if you showed a picture of it that would help.

Out of all my RDAs I feel safe with the DOG3 is my favorite and it looks great and sits perfectly flush on the cricket

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Labor Day sale over at ecig.com was to good to pass up
Seems the laborday2016 code only works SOMETIMES on ecig.com.
I placed an order 2 days ago and it worked.
just tried a few minutes ago and it said the code was invalid.
I'll try again later.
Although I don't need anything else.

Wish I could help with a suggestion but the only two things I've ever built on aren't anything special.
An old Samurai and the Smok Minos25.
Highly doubt either would be something you're looking for.
I've been considering building for some time but not put forth the effort yet.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the indestructible on my Noisy cricket. Easyish building with enough room for the biggie coils needed. I prefer it around .4 ohms which feeds me a nominal 130 ish watts on fresh batteries

dogtron66

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't speak for the theorem from experience but if you showed a picture of it that would help.

Out of all my RDAs I feel safe with the DOG3 is my favorite and it looks great and sits perfectly flush on the cricket

Trying to post a pic...

dogtron66

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Theorem is on the right, and a Griffin on the left.

The Griffin has a flat 510, while the Theorem sticks out a bit.

_20160905_193906.JPG

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new Noisy Cricket 2 looks nice. (Multiple circuit protection systems are applied, realizing the overall protection of the device, which make it much safe and reliable.) This is what I look for in anything I vape. Safety. Im clumsy I make mistakes! I might buy one this version because of the added protection.

vapebay.com

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From talking to my custys they have paired the Wismec Noisy cricket with the Goon RDA or Sigelei Moonshot RTA.

dogtron66

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the replies and suggestions!

I ended up getting a 22mm Tsunami on sale for $14 and have to say that paired with the cricket, that thing is a beast! I put a dual coil standard 24 gauge kanthal build @ .45 ohms on it and it was like nothing I had ever experienced before. The clouds I kind of expected, but the flavor was insane.

Its definitely an "at home" rig for me though... as the idea of trying to drip on the go seems like a major hassle.

Thanks again folks!

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
try some fused claptons.
i find thats my go to coil for series.
thr amount of wraps depends on the metal used, but i stick with 2x28g for series.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors