Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured maybe start a catchall thread for people's experiences ordering from Chinese vendors.

Especially in light of ever more stringent customs policies.

I have a package that I'm pretty certain has been sitting in customs since the ninth of this month. I can't even tell which side of the pacific it's on.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man that sucks. I've had a few that made it from China only to be passed around the US like a bad girl. Lol. Only one order from China was messed up. Bought two reload x rdas and one didn't have the squonk pin. Factory screw up but the pin is on the way. I hope it fits. Oh I did order some squonk pins for an Entheon one time and all 5 were wrong. Didn't worry about an email. 2 bucks wasn't worth the hassle. I just used it to drip test juices now

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually did do that :)

It hasn't changed that status since the 9th and I figured that among the list options there, being stuck in customs is the most likely of them. In fact that's the only status it's ever had.

Of course I'm no international shipping expert, so I could be wrong.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I actually did do that :)

It hasn't changed that status since the 9th and I figured that among the list options there, being stuck in customs is the most likely of them. In fact that's the only status it's ever had.

Of course I'm no international shipping expert, so I could be wrong.
I know how frustrating it is. :gaah: The last time I ordered from China, it ended up shipping from Cali. Surprise! LOL, it took 6 days, still, not that that's a terribly long time. Watching tracking from overseas will drive us bonkers. Hope your hear something soon. Nice thread, still. I know I go crazy when I order.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the first time I've had an issue like this with stuff coming from China. It always takes a while and you hit a dead period here and there in tracking, but usually within a couple weeks or so, give or take a few days, it gets here. I've never had one sit unchanged for 19 days, and that's 8 days after placing the order which was on the 31st of December.

I made some allowances to 3A for the holiday crush, which accounts for that 8 days, and it's important to keep in mind that once the shop sends something, they can't be held accountable for what happens once it leaves their hands.

Just wait and hope :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh, 3avape...they are slow. Last I ordered from them it also took a couple weeks.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh, 3avape...they are slow. Last I ordered from them it also took a couple weeks.
Try this.

I placed another order from them AFTER this one and it's been here for a couple weeks LOL!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya, my last from them, I'd ordered on like Dec 31st, it took like a week and a half to even show up, then took another two weeks getting here. Basically an entire month.

Snap719.jpg

But, I can't complain...I got a Desire Cut squonker mod for like $16. ;-)

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My latest order from 3A, December 27th. Still waiting. I don't have high hopes for when I open the mailbox after work. I've been so pumped to try out the Profile so this sucks. It's my 2nd order from China ever and I did receive my Desire Cut(1st ever China order), so I'm trying to stay positive

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Some of these ship times are waayyy too long. My last order from over there took over 5 weeks. For a mod that was only kitted. In the end I got what I wanted, which was the mod for about $35net,,,but what a headache. I too have something that hasn't moved in EMS tracking for 17 days---it should be here already - a contest win, but still. FT has always been 14 days(incl w.e.) but my last 2 from them had minor issues, minor because it wasn't main gear like an atty or mod. I've decided that for attys and mods I'm just going to get them from my same country even if it costs a lil more, unless it's something special, then it wouldn't be coming from China anyways :D. Or even if I wait a week or 2 for a sale or promo nearer me, it's better than 4-6 weeks and the anguish. Buy the time I get something, something else might be released that I wanted instead or more, 4-6 weeks is a long time in this fast pace of new products.
Seems like every time I see something going through Shenzhen EMS it takes forever, and a day. I think from Hong Kong or other shipping method like Air Mail is better.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I think SteveS45 has a pretty decent meme stashed away about the timeliness of China orders. Maybe he will share it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
last summer I ordered a LED festoon bulb on ebay, from china. it took 3 months. I figured I would never get it. but I am real glad I did, cause its pretty nice, and for $1.29 shipped, hell yeah.

I just got my FreeMax Twister, contest win. in Hong Kong Friday, got it today. 3 days, and over a weekend = HELL YEAH !
DHL, I wonder what that shipping cost em.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was mistaken on the order date from my previous post. I posted that it was 12/27, but in checking today realized that was my 1st order which I received well over a week ago. The mail I'm currently waiting for was ordered on 1/4. So I have entered my tracking info on multiple sites and as far as I get is that it was processed through facility (China), on 1/9, and that's all she wrote. No USPS confirmation of arrival. Could any of you with more experience with overseas ordering ease my worries or should I be very concerned? Is there a possibility that I'm SOL (no vape mail/money down the drain)? I'm done with ordering outside of the Americas regardless.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was mistaken on the order date from my previous post. I posted that it was 12/27, but in checking today realized that was my 1st order which I received well over a week ago. The mail I'm currently waiting for was ordered on 1/4. So I have entered my tracking info on multiple sites and as far as I get is that it was processed through facility (China), on 1/9, and that's all she wrote. No USPS confirmation of arrival. Could any of you with more experience with overseas ordering ease my worries or should I be very concerned? Is there a possibility that I'm SOL (no vape mail/money down the drain)? I'm done with ordering outside of the Americas regardless.
That's the EXACT same thing mine from the 31st says. Same date and everything.
Somebody above addressed it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I would think it will get to you. Just takes forever and a day and as far as delivery date, can't tell much from tracking until after it's reached a USPS distribution center. Which is after leaving ICS Customs Center. Also, a lot of things clear customs before it's ever offloaded from a plane or boat so, passing customs doesn't mean it's on land/at usps/or in the ground mail system.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks guys. Everyday to the mailbox ends with a depressing sigh. I know I'm not alone, but wow this place (3a) ships slow as shit. I tell myself I'm done with them but earlier whilst getting my tracking info I saw a few deals that have me wanting lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea sometimes it takes weeks. Fortunately I've never had it take more than 3 weeks or so. Usually check tracking once a week just for the sake of checking

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. Everyday to the mailbox ends with a depressing sigh. I know I'm not alone, but wow this place (3a) ships slow as shit. I tell myself I'm done with them but earlier whilst getting my tracking info I saw a few deals that have me wanting lol
It's not 3A's fault, Thy shipped it. It's what happens after that that's the problem.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's not 3A's fault, Thy shipped it. It's what happens after that that's the problem.
True, I do honestly get that. I could've wrote my post better in that regard. Hell they, 3a, had it out the door and shipped in a few days

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Can't be as bad as Stevie's double ot goal from the blue line in game 7 of the 96 western conference semi finals :rolleyes:
Ouch, low blow:cry: haha;). A devastating moment for the franchise. And they suck again this year too, tho playing better. Thanks for your replies:cheers:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ouch, low blow:cry: haha;). A devastating moment for the franchise. And they suck again this year too, tho playing better. Thanks for your replies:cheers:
If it makes you feel any better, don't forget that the wings went on to be eliminated by Colorado in the conference finals that year after what is still the winningest season in NHL history. 13 losses all year.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it makes you feel any better, don't forget that the wings went on to be eliminated by Colorado in the conference finals that year after what is still the winningest season in NHL history. 13 losses all year.

I don't know shit about hockey except it's played on ice and that shit doesn't occur naturally here in south Texas, but it goes to show that in any of the major team sports the regular season doesn't mean crap.

Ok back to China.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
, but it goes to show that in any of the major team sports the regular season doesn't mean crap.

Ok back to China.
No it doesn't because in 03 I think it was, the Ducks entered the playoffs seeded eighth, eliminated us (seeded first) in the first round, went to the finals with a single loss in 3 best of 7 series and then took the heavily favored New Jersey Devils to 7 games. Giguere had 4 (5?) shutouts in that run.

Ok NOW back to China :D

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long does it take for you guys to get your stuff from Chinese vendors using the free/cheap shipping options?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The shipping from China can vary greatly. Say your order is going in a 40ft container that's going on a ship. If it's the first package to go into this container and the container has to be filled before it can be loaded onto the ship, and if it's the first container to go on the ship, then it'll take a while. That's why sometimes it looks like it's just sitting there - because it is. And will take quite a while to get here. If you're order is the last item to go into the container, and it's the last container to be loaded onto the ship before it leaves the port, then it'll be here relatively soon.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve been very fortunate with all the orders I’ve placed from FT and o couple of other stores. I’ve received every order except for one within 2 weeks! Absolutely astonishing to me especially in light of hearing about so many delays from other people.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If a Vendor from China uses a 3rd Party Shipper it can be delayed as the 3rd party waits to fill a container before it actually starts moving. My experience with DHL as others have stated is 3 days or less.

Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If a Vendor from China uses a 3rd Party Shipper it can be delayed as the 3rd party waits to fill a container before it actually starts moving. My experience with DHL as others have stated is 3 days or less.

Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg
The trouble with this is that using DHL from China, at least when I looked into it for the above order from 3A, was 19 dollars and change which killed any savings in the order itself. In fact, it might've even been more than just ordering from somebody over here in the first place.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, 3A responded to my email and said that if there is no movement by the 15th, they will reship my order. I can't fault them for that as I know they are not the problem. It's good form on their part to not make the customer eat the loss.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a vendor ship VIA DHL for a warranty replacement and another time was a contest win. I Very rarely order from China so not a concern but from the orders I have gotten using DHL they are fast.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a vendor ship VIA DHL for a warranty replacement and another time was a contest win. I Very rarely order from China so not a concern but from the orders I have gotten using DHL they are fast.
i'm not being difficult for the sake it Steve, but that wasn't my point. People order from Chinese sites because of the savings. If that savings is negated by the shipping cost, then there is no point.

I've heard consistently that DHL is fast from China, but also very expensive. What good is it if I save 20 dollars on an order and then spend 21 to get it here?

I suppose if somebody places a 500 dollar order, saved 100 bucks on the order and then spent 50 or 60 on shipping that would make some sense.

I don't even mind waiting. Even a pretty long time so I've done some ordering from China and saved a bundle as it's always eventually gotten here. What I DO mind is my stuff/money disappearing into thin air which looks to be becoming more common.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i'm not being difficult for the sake it Steve, but that wasn't my point. People order from Chinese sites because of the savings. If that savings is negated by the shipping cost, then there is no point.

Oh, I didn't take it as you being difficult at all and I agree 100% on the cost factor, but when you win something or have a warranty shipped by DHL it is in your hands before you start tracking it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
both of you guys are right. I ordered some batt wraps from china, I didn't feel they are worth $1 each. china a lots cheaper, but I have to wait. that's ok, I don't need them anyweay. on a side note, I stopped at a shop yesterday, they had a same exact wraps there for $1. but I actually seen them in person = they are freak'n nice ! I am going to "slow boat from china" some more just to have em.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I get battery wraps for about 10 cents and not a long wait time. But I source them off Amazon or a Battery Vendor.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
both of you guys are right. I ordered some batt wraps from china, I didn't feel they are worth $1 each. china a lots cheaper, but I have to wait. that's ok, I don't need them anyweay. on a side note, I stopped at a shop yesterday, they had a same exact wraps there for $1. but I actually seen them in person = they are freak'n nice ! I am going to "slow boat from china" some more just to have em.
10 for a dollar and you'll have em in a few days :idea:

Positive insulator rings 5 for a dollar :)

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
nah. I already have "basic' wraps, and they are even installed. I got the custom ones coming. pimp daddy vape Yo. lol

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only ordered from FT. I have found them to be very reliable, but it does take awhile for an order to get here to Iowa. I have also learned in the past 2 years to avoid ordering around this time of year because of the amount of time all these Chinee outfits take off for Chinese New Year. They all take at least a week off and the ramp down/ramp up time before and after affects this also. I have some things I plan on ordering, but I'll wait until March.

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've only ordered from FT. I have found them to be very reliable, but it does take awhile for an order to get here to Iowa. I have also learned in the past 2 years to avoid ordering around this time of year because of the amount of time all these Chinee outfits take off for Chinese New Year. They all take at least a week off and the ramp down/ramp up time before and after affects this also. I have some things I plan on ordering, but I'll wait until March.
Where in Iowa? I'm south central Iowa.

VU Sponsors