Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I made a small order from fasttech, I paid with pp. as it turned out, their system billed me through pp AND through their payment system. I thought It to be just a glitch. but no, I got 2 orders of the same stuff, most of which I didn't really need.
now they want me to mail it back and they will pay for shipping, so they say. god only knows what shipping to China will be.
so I think I am going to make them an offer to just keep the stuff.

Did both get charged to PP? This is totally odd to say the least. Nothing ever has gotten double charged to me but I have received two orders. When I contacted the vendor they asked if I wanted to keep it or I could send it back was up to me.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Did both get charged to PP? This is totally odd to say the least. Nothing ever has gotten double charged to me but I have received two orders. When I contacted the vendor they asked if I wanted to keep it or I could send it back was up to me.

when I first ordered from them, I used their system. this order, I used PP. that is how I was charged = 1 PP, 1 FT.
most people, they would say just keep it. me, nope.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
when I first ordered from them, I used their system. this order, I used PP. that is how I was charged = 1 PP, 1 FT.
most people, they would say just keep it. me, nope.

Sounds like you ordered twice?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like I said I never got charged twice over the years with all my online purchases but I have received double orders and once was credited for something that they said was out of stock after I was charged but received it anyway. That they said there was nothing they could do because they can't charge me for something that shows out of stock. They said consider it a great discount.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First FT order says delivery is tomorrow, let’s see what the USPS can do about that.

All depends on where it is at present. I recently had a part coming with FedEx but because of the weight it went to Smart Post. Sat in the Local Post Office for 3 freaking days before those lazy MoFo's decided to put it on a truck~!

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All depends on where it is at present. I recently had a part coming with FedEx but because of the weight it went to Smart Post. Sat in the Local Post Office for 3 freaking days before those lazy MoFo's decided to put it on a truck~!
My order is sitting in Chicago according to the tracking so like 90min from me, typically it takes 2 days to make all the stops lol. I had an order from Georgia go to Puerto Rico before heading up to me in Indiana lmao.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had an order from Georgia go to Puerto Rico before heading up to me in Indiana lmao.

I was just about to call my Local Post Office and when I reopened a closed tab to get the Tracking Number it showed out for Delivery~! They would have heard some screaming I was seething over it sitting a little over 1 mile from me.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was just about to call my Local Post Office and when I reopened a closed tab to get the Tracking Number it showed out for Delivery~! They would have heard some screaming I was seething over it sitting a little over 1 mile from me.
That would’ve been awkward!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tracking shows my package scanned into local PO and then nothing.
(tactile switches from Fasttech for my broken Billet Box)
I called my local post office and the very nice lady (this is not her fault) TOLD me they lost it and had no idea where it was. She then basically told me I was out of luck and should contact the seller.

How is this the seller's problem? They did their part in good faith. It's the monumentally incompetent USPS that is at fault (again). Why shouldn't they be required to pay for a new item and have it shipped to me with all due speed?

Can anybody name for me another business where you pay for a product or service, that product or service is never provided and then the provider can legally tell you what amounts to "too bad?"

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I called my local post office and the very nice lady (this is not her fault) TOLD me they lost it and had no idea where it was. She then basically told me I was out of luck and should contact the seller.

How is this the seller's problem? They did their part in good faith. It's the monumentally incompetent USPS that is at fault (again). Why shouldn't they be required to pay for a new item and have it shipped to me with all due speed?

Can anybody name for me another business where you pay for a product or service, that product or service is never provided and then the provider can legally tell you what amounts to "too bad?"
I had something happen like this to me years ago, but with a US seller. I ordered two pairs of jeans from American Eagle and the package got “lost”. I contacted Fed ex and they said they couldn’t do anything about it, but to call the manufacturer. They gave me a full refund.

I really don’t know if the same outcome will happen for you.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Call the 800 number for USPS and Open a Case. Complain to Postmaster General. I have done it and gotten my lost or missing packages.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

it may be lost, and it may just be late. very well could have been stolen.

but i do have a theory on why the usps is screwing up so much lately. = if regular mail goes missing so much, people will be more inclined to "pay extra" for whatever more reliable method of shipping there is. of course there is probably aa lot more to it than this.

as far as the seller being responsible. its just part of doing business.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My point is, I can't think of another business than shipping carriers where the party at fault goes free and the innocent party is held responsible for their mistake.

I wonder how much better USPS would do if THEY had to actually reimburse their customers for their own mistakes.

What if, when THEY lost something, as in my case where it scanned in to the PO 2 miles from here after making it's trip from China, THEY had to make good on my purchase? Because like THEY are the ones who lost it.

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
It irritates me on principle. Why should Fasttech have to pay for USPS's incompetence?
Probably part of the postal agreement with the US. USPS literally loses money on every package shipped from China.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
but i do have a theory on why the usps is screwing up so much lately. = if regular mail goes missing so much, people will be more inclined to "pay extra" for whatever more reliable method of shipping there is. of course there is probably aa lot more to it than this.

U.S.P.S

They need to let congress pass their pay hikes. The postal service is a quasi government ran entity. It needs to run according to the governmental stipulations, ergo, postal service workers are on a fixed salary until such time when congress raises the cost of stamps. They are allowed to run as half a business and can charge for some services in order to help pay for those who they "contract" out.

The main point I'm making though is that it is the mail delivery service our tax money pays to operate for the large part. That noted their services keep needing improvement regardless of congressional raises to their salaries, purchases of "better" equipment, investments into 'better" logistics systems. Yet we the people paying in for this "service" lack recourse save for using that same service to write the postmaster general who may, or may not get our letter, depending on the service.

So yes, I can agree it seems rather f--ked up. Not sure why I want to work for the postal service, other than this compulsion to correlate the shorts out of everything.

Correlate the whole f--king world! Make the Dewey system mean something useful again! Muhahaha!!!

Oops, sorry I went off on my mad hatter tangent again. Guess I need to take my meds. ;) :) %.!.. my meds!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My point is, I can't think of another business than shipping carriers where the party at fault goes free and the innocent party is held responsible for their mistake.

I wonder how much better USPS would do if THEY had to actually reimburse their customers for their own mistakes.

What if, when THEY lost something, as in my case where it scanned in to the PO 2 miles from here after making it's trip from China, THEY had to make good on my purchase? Because like THEY are the ones who lost it.

It irritates me on principle. Why should Fasttech have to pay for USPS's incompetence?

i agree. but its one of those "it is what it is things". and even if every single usps worker was 100% honest, there are still things that will happen = mail truck accident/fire, machine eats something, it is dropped and not noticed, etc, etc.

a few weeks ago, i was tracking a package, mod. it said out for delivery. so i was stalking the MM. he shows up and doesn't give me the package. i told him i was tracking it and that HE is supposed to have it. some denial from him, then he looks in his bag. there it was, right on top.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Probably part of the postal agreement with the US. USPS literally loses money on every package shipped from China.

idk about that. see, the trucks and deliveries are going to be made even without china. china pays the usps to throw their stuff right there with it = added revenue.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
China pays negligible shipping to the US but they don't give any deep discounts shipping to them. One of the sticking points in the tariff talks. It's a deal the US should have put a time limit on, China is in no way still a developing country any more.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
China pays negligible shipping to the US but they don't give any deep discounts shipping to them. One of the sticking points in the tariff talks. It's a deal the US should have put a time limit on, China is in no way still a developing country any more.

yep. and that has turned out very good for us, in so many ways. fair shipping rates = $200 tv, now $275.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
It is not good for the country as a whole. We are losing massive amounts of money with this deal.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm out running around right now, but I have been thinking about this very thing lately. And not just with China, but the principal in general.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
that depends on how you look at it and who you are.

From the consumer angle we the consumer are paying the tariffs. A company buys from China. The company making the good in China merely increases its cost to sell, the company in the U.S. has to pass that extra cost on to the consumer.

China is not being hurt nor paying the tariffs. Don't kid yourself over that. Then, also don't kid yourself China is going to buy twice as much cost of agriculture either. Bullshit they will, they'll buy from Brazil, Argentina, Russia and start growing at home as well. No, they won't buy 50 billion of U.S. corn/soy when they only bought less than 20 billion last year, not by a long shot.

You buy them buying 50 billion in agriculture you may as well buy that damn bridge I got out back. Got the papers for it around here somewhere, at least I think I do. Maybe they're with my lawyer Giulliani. I bet he's back from Austria any moment now, not able to plot his conspiracy.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i agree. but its one of those "it is what it is things". and even if every single usps worker was 100% honest, there are still things that will happen = mail truck accident/fire, machine eats something, it is dropped and not noticed, etc, etc.

a few weeks ago, i was tracking a package, mod. it said out for delivery. so i was stalking the MM. he shows up and doesn't give me the package. i told him i was tracking it and that HE is supposed to have it. some denial from him, then he looks in his bag. there it was, right on top.

This actually happened to me the other day on a GTR atomizer... I have informed delivery from USPS and every package that is going to be delivered I get an E-mail and Text saying its arriving.

Got the text it came... walked out, check the box, nada... saw the mail truck driving away... drove over to the nice driver, said to him..."Got informed delivery of a package that did not make it into my box" he finished sorting the box drove back... asked me my box and a simple description... he accidentally placed it in the box below mine and apologized.

Now I agree... USPS makes plenty of mistakes, they are human after all.

Like that GTR... it got lost for 4 days... went way up north after being 2 miles away previously...

This is my theory... Bills never fail to make it to your residence... 100% on time delivery.

Everything else is a crap shoot LOL

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is not good for the country as a whole. We are losing massive amounts of money with this deal.
This is true. China has been screwing us for a long time and whatever anybody thinks about the President, money and business is what he knows best and he's right. SOMEthing should be done. Whether his plan is the best one, I don't know.

That said, I personally benefit from the screwing that China has been giving us, so there's a conflict there.

Similar situation with crude oil. A flood of cheap crude from the middle east has bankrupted many smaller domestic producers. I don't like that, but that situation has driven down American gasoline prices which I do like, so there's a conflict there.

Walmart has bankrupted numerous smaller businesses, many of them family owned for generations. I don't like that either, but I do like saving the money that Walmart saves me, so there's a conflict there too.

Now, with all THAT said, on bare principle, regardless of international tariff inequality or other monetary policy, it is just wrong that my local post office fails utterly at the job they were paid to do and ANYbody except them is held responsible for it. I say deep six the freakin thing and let the private carriers compete over shipping business. Like pretty much everything else the government does, it's a spectacularly inefficient bottomless sinkhole for money.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
the premise of the tariffs is to create jobs and raise incomes here in the states. but this is how it would really go.

equal fairness in trade = means many more things can be made here = more jobs and better wages here = supposedly more money to go around = so more people have more money.

the problem is that there really wouldn't be much of any higher wages "for the average person". but prices for things would go through the roof. meaning that most peopl would be able to afford less.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the premise of the tariffs is to create jobs and raise incomes here in the states. but this is how it would really go.

equal fairness in trade = means many more things can be made here = more jobs and better wages here = supposedly more money to go around = so more people have more money.

the problem is that there really wouldn't be much of any higher wages "for the average person". but prices for things would go through the roof. meaning that most people would be able to afford less.
I'm not super knowledgeable in this area, but the way I've understood it is that they gouge us hard on import tariffs for our goods being imported into their country and we don't do the same to them. in a nutshell. Been like that for a long time. I don't know what they would want anymore that we make since they can make pretty much everything themselves now, and for a fraction of the cost. Clothes maybe?

This steers us into huge territory that I just don't have the energy to explore, but we cannot compete in a global marketplace. The cost of doing everything here is higher than most of the rest of the world, forcing us to sell our products at prices that are just not competitive in a global marketplace. Our economy did much better in the past when we bought from and sold to each other domestically. I'm not saying we could or even should return to that. I'm just saying how it is.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
equal fairness in trade

This could only manifest if we chose using a fair market and not a "free market". In a free market it basically boils down to corporations existing to get profit, period. In a fair market there is a lot more consideration to social, environmental, human condition issues and equality through the whole system is held in check by a lot of governmental/regulator oversight. A fair market almost would seem to resemble communism. Capital does not care either way as it still finds way to profit weather it is lending to business or government, all the same.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the rocket scientists at the Detroit sorting facility sent my Reewape RBA 40 miles north of me. I got the local PO up there on the phone and she told me they get stuff from the Detroit area all the time from that sorting hub. She said, they'll send it back there and hopefully it will head toward me when they re-sort it.

Like I said in the recent Fasttech thread. Shenzen doesn't seem to have a problem most of the time getting stuff over here. Once our postal service gets it's hands on it is when the problems start.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well the rocket scientists at the Detroit sorting facility sent my Reewape RBA 40 miles north of me. I got the local PO up there on the phone and she told me they get stuff from the Detroit area all the time from that sorting hub. She said, they'll send it back there and hopefully it will head toward me when they re-sort it.

Like I said in the recent Fasttech thread. Shenzen doesn't seem to have a problem most of the time getting stuff over here. Once our postal service gets it's hands on it is when the problems start.
I just had a Fasttech order reach Canada today, it left China on Nov 29th, not too bad.

My Vaporl order placed Nov 3rd is a different story, no idea when that will arrive in Canada

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a RDA last night from 3F... not even sure why... I am almost certain it will be poop for mechs... but it was cheap, and I am a sucker for cheap.

Dead Rabbit V2 in Matte Black... and a Goon Drip tip, cause Why the Frack is there Red on the DT on an all BLACK RDA... gosh dang monkies

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just had a Fasttech order reach Canada today, it left China on Nov 29th, not too bad.

My Vaporl order placed Nov 3rd is a different story, no idea when that will arrive in Canada
Somebody said a while back, and I think it's right, that unless you pay for the upgraded shipping, it depends on where your package lands in the order of loading the ship. If it gets to the dock when the ship is empty, it will sit there waiting for it to fill up before it launches on it's way over here. If it gets there when the ship is already most of the way loaded, it'll head over in fairly short order.

So conceivably, you could place an order one day and have it leave Shenzen that day, and place another one from the same place the next day and have it be two weeks before it even leaves Chinese shores.

That does explain alot and is still not the fault of the vendors.

What kills me is when it scans into the Chicago or Detroit hub and sits THERE for 5-10 days which has happened to me. What has also happened to me is to have it scan into my local PO 5 minutes from here, never to be heard from again. OR have it scan into the Detroit hub, disappear altogether, and 3f, who has done nothing wrong sends me a replacement order, and 4 months later the first one shows up at my door.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With China I believe it is when a Container gets filled. I have had total CHAOS with orders being delivered by USPS, UPS and Fed Ex lately. Delays and scheduled for days later with a Tuesday estimate coming on Sunday to Just coming from Queens taking 3 days~! Holiday Shipping woes?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Somebody said a while back, and I think it's right, that unless you pay for the upgraded shipping, it depends on where your package lands in the order of loading the ship. If it gets to the dock when the ship is empty, it will sit there waiting for it to fill up before it launches on it's way over here. If it gets there when the ship is already most of the way loaded, it'll head over in fairly short order.

So conceivably, you could place an order one day and have it leave Shenzen that day, and place another one from the same place the next day and have it be two weeks before it even leaves Chinese shores.

That does explain alot and is still not the fault of the vendors.

What kills me is when it scans into the Chicago or Detroit hub and sits THERE for 5-10 days which has happened to me. What has also happened to me is to have it scan into my local PO 5 minutes from here, never to be heard from again. OR have it scan into the Detroit hub, disappear altogether, and 3f, who has done nothing wrong sends me a replacement order, and 4 months later the first one shows up at my door.
That actually makes a lot of sense. The weird thing is that the Vaporl package shipped from a Warehouse in the Netherlands, same logic with full ships probably still applies.

I hear you on domestic postal service, Canada Post is no better.

What my postal lady did yesterday would make your jaw drop

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm waiting on vaporl too from a Thanksgiving purchase. Still says sent to FedEx. They said no update would show til it hit the states

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With China I believe it is when a Container gets filled.
Right. They're transported in those big square shipping containers, but those barges can carry dozens of the containers so it has to be full for them to make the most money,
I have had total CHAOS with orders being delivered by USPS, UPS and Fed Ex lately. Delays and scheduled for days later with a Tuesday estimate coming on Sunday to Just coming from Queens taking 3 days~! Holiday Shipping woes?
That would be giving them the benefit of the doubt, but my worst problems have been when it wasn't the holidays. It does seem like in the last year USPS has gotten noticeably worse. It's a pretty good bet that it'll be even worse still until the end of January.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I always pay at least a little bit for expedited shipping when I order from FT. Have noticed with my last few orders that it appears they are transported by air. If you plug your tracking number into 17track.net, then when results are returned, scroll all the way to the bottom of the results screen and click the box where it says "Translate English." You'll get a little more info that way. Here's my latest FT order:

17Track.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the FedEx site
7c8c639f4246f9457576fc1dfa97fad2.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a RDA last night from 3F... not even sure why... I am almost certain it will be poop for mechs... but it was cheap, and I am a sucker for cheap.

Dead Rabbit V2 in Matte Black... and a Goon Drip tip, cause Why the Frack is there Red on the DT on an all BLACK RDA... gosh dang monkies
That would not have been my guess for an RDA you would have bought.

You can still get the REDEMPTION AND the SILVER DECK for 16 bucks dude.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always pay at least a little bit for expedited shipping when I order from FT. Have noticed with my last few orders that it appears they are transported by air. If you plug your tracking number into 17track.net, then when results are returned, scroll all the way to the bottom of the results screen and click the box where it says "Translate English." You'll get a little more info that way. Here's my latest FT order:

View attachment 151288
Yes, I also do this, but I have to say that while the results have been generally quicker, that's not the same as quick. I have one that's been sitting like that since the 28th.
airt.JPG

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shipment Information sent can still be days before they actually accept the package.

VU Sponsors